Eagles looking at Crowell

Eagles interested in Bills linebacker Crowell

The Philadelphia Inquirer and NFL.com are reporting the Philadelphia Eagles have contacted the agent for Buffalo Bills free agent linebacker Angelo Crowell but have not made a contract offer. Crowell is represented by Todd France, who also represents Brian Westbrook.

According to the report, Crowell visited Detroit on Wednesday and Tampa Bay on Monday, according to the report. St. Louis also has expressed interest. Crowell, 27, missed all of last season following knee surgery and is not expected to be cleared for full football workouts until after the draft.

The report stated Crowell surprised the Bills by having the arthroscopic surgery in late August. Although the surgery would have required a recovery period of one to four weeks, the team put him on injured reserve. That issue seemingly ensured that he would not be back in Buffalo when his contract expired.

He is listed at 6-1, 246 and was a third-round pick of the Bills in the 2003 draft. A 5-year veteran, he had a career-high 126 tackles in 16 games in 2007. His older brother, Germane, is a former NFL wide receiver.

Eagles interested in Bills linebacker Crowell

The Philadelphia Inquirer and NFL.com are reporting the Philadelphia Eagles have contacted the agent for Buffalo Bills free agent linebacker Angelo Crowell but have not made a contract offer. Crowell is represented by Todd France, who also represents Brian Westbrook.

According to the report, Crowell visited Detroit on Wednesday and Tampa Bay on Monday, according to the report. St. Louis also has expressed interest. Crowell, 27, missed all of last season following knee surgery and is not expected to be cleared for full football workouts until after the draft.

The report stated Crowell surprised the Bills by having the arthroscopic surgery in late August. Although the surgery would have required a recovery period of one to four weeks, the team put him on injured reserve. That issue seemingly ensured that he would not be back in Buffalo when his contract expired.

He is listed at 6-1, 246 and was a third-round pick of the Bills in the 2003 draft. A 5-year veteran, he had a career-high 126 tackles in 16 games in 2007. His older brother, Germane, is a former NFL wide receiver.

The above is actually erroneous. Here's what I posted last September 5th:

"Chris Brown on the Bills' official website stated today (Friday, Sept 5th, 1:56 pm ET) that Angelo Crowell has still not had the arthroscopic surgery performed and was seeking a second opinion. So what in hell were the Bills doing putting him on I.R.?

Firstly, they carried Ryan Denney for 7 weeks last season. Couldn't the organization have done the same for Crowell? Particularly in that the prognosis for a knee scope is typically better than one for a broken bone in the foot. While the prognosis for either injury is only a guesstimate, why the benefit of the doubt for Denney and not Crowell?

On top of this he still hasn't actually had the surgery. By prematurely placing him on I.R. they've made the decision for him.

The Bills should have at least said, "if you have surgery we'll put you on I.R." and left it in Crowell's court.

Instead they jumped the gun, screwed themselves (particularly if he decided to forgo the surgery and play through), and caused a lot of bad feelings in the organization. How do I know it caused bad feelings? Because I'm not a total idiot. How could it not cause bad feelings?

This decision by the team smacks of a punitive action and in light of the fact that he hasn't had the scope yet, they're punishing him for something that he hasn't even done yet!

As a psychotic Bills' fan like yourselves, it is very sad moment to witness the mishandling of this situation by the Bills' braintrust. The Bills are always saying they make decisions by consensus. That means several people from among (Brandon, Jauron, Bud Carpenter, Dr. Marzo, Guy, Modrak, etc.) thought that this was a good idea. What an idiotic move."

I still find it hard to believe that he is planning on talking with the Bills on Monday. I guess pragmatism makes for strange bedfellows.

I think so Magox. The original prognosis was 4-6 weeks for the scope. After the Bills placed him on IR (before he had surgery) he decided to do a more involved procedure. Here's the article.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1...2d-bcb33fe03f75

I hope ac doesn't sign with anyone else and we are able to get him back here, he has been a better than average linebacker in my opinion since being named a starter and with one more step up could be a possible pro bowl caliber backer.