Pacman Jones making it rain again....

Magox

Free agent Pacman Jones reportedly "made it rain (again) with dollar bills" at ex-teammate Marcus Spears' birthday party recently.

Making it rain isn't illegal of course, but it sure is funny to think about. "All the other players there thought he was a complete idiot for doing it," a source at the party told Profootballtalk. "It was a upscale bar/restaurant and he acted like it was a cheap Atlanta strip club. So, no, he hasn’t grown up."

Some people never learn...

Free agent Pacman Jones reportedly "made it rain (again) with dollar bills" at ex-teammate Marcus Spears' birthday party recently.

Making it rain isn't illegal of course, but it sure is funny to think about. "All the other players there thought he was a complete idiot for doing it," a source at the party told Profootballtalk. "It was a upscale bar/restaurant and he acted like it was a cheap Atlanta strip club. So, no, he hasn’t grown up."

Some people never learn...

The imagery of this makes me laugh.

Always was, always has, and always will be a moron. Maybe he should go try out for the UFL or the WWE

Assuming you might have a lot of perspective due to your name on here, were guys like Pacman and Chris Henry have just as bad of a rep while at WVU as they do now? And is it just a coencidence that the two guys who have probably gotten into the most repetitive trouble in the league the last few years, are both Mountaineers?

Assuming you might have a lot of perspective due to your name on here, were guys like Pacman and Chris Henry have just as bad of a rep while at WVU as they do now? And is it just a coencidence that the two guys who have probably gotten into the most repetitive trouble in the league the last few years, are both Mountaineers?

I've brought this up before in other conversations because I *hate* all the negative attention that the University of Miami receives for being a "bunch of thugs", when there are schools like West Virginia that churns out the poster boys of the NFL problem child. I'm glad someone else is mentioning it too.

I knew both of them, I was a Sport Management grad at WVU. We had a lot of athletes in our classes plus the fact that our classrooms were in the Colesium (basketball arena) we were always in close proximity to the athletes. Jones and Henry were just as bad at WVU as they have been in the NFL. Couple of wanna-be thugs that Rich Rod brought in.

However, I have to disagree and say that Miami is still Thug U. Look at what has come out of there vs. WVU and you tell me where the thugs are at. However, with Miami's program in decline, they aren't the Thug U they were a few years ago, not sure what school is going to take over with that monniker, but my prediction is Michigan unless Rich Rod gets canned in the next few years.

I knew both of them, I was a Sport Management grad at WVU. We had a lot of athletes in our classes plus the fact that our classrooms were in the Colesium (basketball arena) we were always in close proximity to the athletes. Jones and Henry were just as bad at WVU as they have been in the NFL. Couple of wanna-be thugs that Rich Rod brought in.

However, I have to disagree and say that Miami is still Thug U. Look at what has come out of there vs. WVU and you tell me where the thugs are at. However, with Miami's program in decline, they aren't the Thug U they were a few years ago, not sure what school is going to take over with that monniker, but my prediction is Michigan unless Rich Rod gets canned in the next few years.

Very interesting. What in your mind makes Rich Rod so prone to bringing in thugs like Jones and Henry? Is his spread offense really that easy to grasp and he just wants very good athletes on the field no matter what kind of intelligence/attitude they have?

Very interesting. What in your mind makes Rich Rod so prone to bringing in thugs like Jones and Henry? Is his spread offense really that easy to grasp and he just wants very good athletes on the field no matter what kind of intelligence/attitude they have?

Unfortunately that is pretty much the case. Not all the athletes he's brought in are that way though. Steve Slaton and Pat White are 2 very intelligent and well mannered athletes. The guys on the offensive and defensive lines were usually good guys as well. But when it comes to WR and DB all that's asked is they are fast and they know what a football looks like. If you look at the DBs at WVU over the past 6 years or so you'll see that most are just fast guys with a lot of athletic ability, but have no clue how to defend. Not all are this way, but its quite the trend at this positions at WVU

Okay, name two players that came out of Miami in the past decade (don't forget - we're talking about a current "Thug U" - Miami earned their nickname 2 decades ago in the 80s) that equal Chris Henry or Pacman.

And to top this all off - you're nominating Rich Rodriguez's Michigan as the new Thug U, yet while he was at WVU, he couldn't have possibly brought in thugs?

Well, at least they now have 2 well-mannered and intelligent athletes.

Okay, name two players that came out of Miami in the past decade (don't forget - we're talking about a current "Thug U" - Miami earned their nickname 2 decades ago in the 80s) that equal Chris Henry or Pacman.

And to top this all off - you're nominating Rich Rodriguez's Michigan as the new Thug U, yet while he was at WVU, he couldn't have possibly brought in thugs?

Well, at least they now have 2 well-mannered and intelligent athletes.

I don't see Miami being Thug U as much as Idiot U. Have you ever heard Frank Gore try to talk?

As for actual thugs, Jeff Feagles comes to mind. :thumbsup:

I don't see Miami being Thug U as much as Idiot U. Have you ever heard Frank Gore try to talk?

As for actual thugs, Jeff Feagles comes to mind. :thumbsup:

Yeah they def don't sound too bright...a lot of the U's players grew up in Miami and they have a similar jumbled accent...listen to a Roscoe or Willis interview as well and you'll hear it's tough to understand them too.

About Miami, and how they are in the decline. I live in Miami, so I get bombarded with the "U" all the time. They love their "U" over here. I can't stand them. However, they are a team I believe on the rise. Last year's recruiting class was one of the best, and this year's is expected to be better than last year. I remember last year they were starting to coin "The Swag is Back" I remember they started using that saying during the Chapel Hill game, here in Miami, I am a big Chapel Hill fan, They were winning that game, and then they lost their "swag" and Chapel Hill won. :thumbsup:

That was a good day, specially getting to rub it everyone's face at my office.

Anyway, I don't think they are in the decline.

About Miami, and how they are in the decline. I live in Miami, so I get bombarded with the "U" all the time. They love their "U" over here. I can't stand them. However, they are a team I believe on the rise. Last year's recruiting class was one of the best, and this year's is expected to be better than last year. I remember last year they were starting to coin "The Swag is Back" I remember they started using that saying during the Chapel Hill game, here in Miami, I am a big Chapel Hill fan, They were winning that game, and then they lost their "swag" and Chapel Hill won. :thumbsup:

That was a good day, specially getting to rub it everyone's face at my office.

Anyway, I don't think they are in the decline.

Yeah that was a tough game. I'm a UB fan first and foremost (alma mater), but I live a mile from the UM campus, so UM has become my 2nd favorite college team. I think they'll be an improved team again this year, but I'm sure if they'll ever be able to return to the elite status of being a #1 ranked team and national championship contender again. There's just too much competition for players in the state of Florida now. Hell, there's now another Division I school just eight miles away. With USF, UCF, FAU, etc, becoming respectable programs, and with UF's recent dominance, it will be tough for UM for a while to get their "swagger" back.

Yeah they def don't sound too bright...a lot of the U's players grew up in Miami and they have a similar jumbled accent...listen to a Roscoe or Willis interview as well and you'll hear it's tough to understand them too.

"jumbled accent"??

Is that the new euphemism for "so uneducated they can barely speak English"?

The Urban dictionary has some great entries for Thug U.

Wow - someone criticizing players from "Thug U" who has upstanding citizen DARRYL STRAWBERRY as their avatar. He's never had any brushes with the law.

:thumbsup:

Wow...someone's getting defensive over his beloved Thug U.

Even Darryl wouldn't be an honorary 'Cane -- no weapons charges.

Wow - someone criticizing players from "Thug U" who has upstanding citizen DARRYL STRAWBERRY as their avatar. He's never had any brushes with the law.

I always thought Miami was Duh-U.