Edwards Arm Strength

Edwards is a highly accurat passer. He may run hot and cold still, but last year was his first as a starter and he completed 65.5% of his passes while Russell in his first year as a starter completed 53.8% of his passes.

And while were on that, P. Manning completed 66.8%, Brees 65%, Rivers 65.3%, Romo 61.3%, McNabb 60.4%, M. Ryan 61.1%, and Warner 67.1%.

So, Trent's in some good company here. Check-downs or not, Trent is an accurate passer. A completion's a completion and an incompletion is an incompletion.

65.5% is an impressive number given how young he is, in his first year as a starter. The TD to INT ratio is typical for a young QB who's growing.

Trent is an accurate passer.

The check down hogwash can easily be refuted by the fact that his YPA is as high as it is.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not sure I agree with that. It seems that his accuracy declines as the season wears on. He was very very accurate in his first year when he took over for the injured JP. He started last season very good (not as gerat as 2007 though) but was quite bad towards the end of last season. And yes, I was watching him throw the ball where it needed to be but not succeeding a fair majority of the time.

I think he was injured worse that the let on...

Trent has the arm strength to be successful in this league and the major issue with him is durability. I am more interested to see how our O-line comes together which will play a major part in how well Trent performs this year. The more hits he takes the less effective he becomes and building a cohesive line should really be the focus when training camp starts.

That's why I think it is important to get a deal done with Jason Peters before the draft and not let it drag on like it did last year.

Trent has the arm strength to be successful in this league and the major issue with him is durability. I am more interested to see how our O-line comes together which will play a major part in how well Trent performs this year. The more hits he takes the less effective he becomes and building a cohesive line should really be the focus when training camp starts.

That's why I think it is important to get a deal done with Jason Peters before the draft and not let it drag on like it did last year.

The real question is not does he have the arm strength to be successful in this leaugue but does he have the arm strength to get it done in nov/dec and possibily January here in Buffalo/NY/NE type weather. Everyone has to see the way the ball floats compared to his competition in the same conditions.

HaHaHa! Simon has the worst opinions on the board. He not only comes at you with outlandish garbage, but he backs it up with schoolyard banter like "if you ever played the game you would know". Trent Edwards is an unknown to this point. He has been good and he has been bad. His overpowering accuracy and intelligence is a product of comparison to JP Losman. Right now I'd say he has alot to improve on, because he finally has weapons and the whipping boy is leaving town.

LMAO about that...

I pretty much agree with your entire post...

I am looking forward to seeing what he can do in his third year with all these weapons and hopefully a recieiving TE too via trade or draft...our season hinges on how quickly he can improve. If he doesnt take big strides though, we will won't get very far next year...

LMAO about that...

I pretty much agree with your entire post...

I am looking forward to seeing what he can do in his third year with all these weapons and hopefully a recieiving TE too via trade or draft...our season hinges on how quickly he can improve. If he doesnt take big strides though, we will won't get very far next year...

Especially since the Bengal fans said that FITZY has a noodle arm and cant throw 5 yards in front of him, oops maybe they were referring to trent nope definately FITZ. :(

wooooo 49 yds in the air....watch out James Harris!! lol

Seriously, how many times in a season does a QB throw a ball more than

50 yds in the air? Even the best QBs with cannon arms? Most bombs are

probably 40-50yds in the air and then the WR running 10-25 or more yards

into the endzone.

You're on your own 35 yard line, the QB heaves the ball, the wide receiver

catches it in stride at the 15 yard line and runs it in for a touchdown. (50 yards

in the air) How often is a QB going to have to do more than that?

I'm not saying arm strength isn't a benefit, but as others have said, I

think arm strength is over-rated as a judge of NFL QBs and if Trent

can throw a 49 yard pass that is on the money and is out in front of

the receiver so he can catch it in stride (as seen in the video) then his

arm strength is good enough to get it done in the NFL.

Whether all of the other intangibles come in to place for TE to become

a very good NFL QB...well, that's what we'll be watching for this season.

Not sure if you guys caught it, but there was another QB in the same draft as JP Losman that most people know around the league. Here is his "arm strength":

Ben Roethlisberger, Miami (Ohio) - 55.7

The same speed as Trent. Not much to prove here.

The same is for all QBs. Besides, that just means he's getting the ball to playmakers and putting them in a position to get yards.

It means he throws a 3 Yd pass that the receiver runs with for another 6 Yds = 9 YPA That is the point. Nobody said Trent does not complete his checkdown passes, the point is he checks down TOO OFTEN.

It means he throws a 3 Yd pass that the receiver runs with for another 6 Yds = 9 YPA That is the point. Nobody said Trent does not complete his checkdown passes, the point is he checks down TOO OFTEN.

Well, Lee Evans is doubled almost all the time. Then after him, who do we have? Just a #3 in Josh Reed. It's better for him to throw to fred or marshawn, who are being covered by LBs.

Woooo . . . JP's "cannon arm" is 2.1 mph faster than Trent's. Wow.

It is funny how some people will not let facts stand in the way of their biases.

We are not talking about a car here. 2.1 MPH on a Football in the Winds of the Ralph can make a BIG difference.

Well, Lee Evans is doubled almost all the time. Then after him, who do we have? Just a #3 in Josh Reed. It's better for him to throw to fred or marshawn, who are being covered by LBs.

That is why it is so GREAT we got TO. :( He should make a BIG difference for this offense.