If the draft were to play out this way

I would'nt be upset with Larry English at all. I'd rather have English than Cushing.

I like English too, but I am a really big fan of Cushing. I think he is going to be the best of the three USC linebackers in this years class and become a multiple Pro-Bowler. That being said, I still think we sign a June or Keiaho, so linebacker might not even wind up being a need in the first couple rounds.

This guy is on drugs. I wouldn't be happy anyway. Why would we be excited about getting Maybin in the second round anyhow? Chris Kelsay was a projected 1st rounder we got in the second. Are you excited about another season of him?? A bust is a bust is a bust. Maybin is not a 4-3 DE. If the FO thinks he can play OLB fine, but you wouldn't draft two OLB's in the first two rounds. Furthermore, this guy's rationale for drafting OLB at #11 is Ellison/Crowell. That won't be an issue if/when we sign June/Keiaho. Not that we shouldn't look at the position but DE is of #1 importance. Trade up to get Orakpo or E. Brown. Or trade down to 20 or so and pick up Michael Johnson and stockpile picks.

This guy is on drugs. I wouldn't be happy anyway. Why would we be excited about getting Maybin in the second round anyhow? Chris Kelsay was a projected 1st rounder we got in the second. Are you excited about another season of him?? A bust is a bust is a bust. Maybin is not a 4-3 DE. If the FO thinks he can play OLB fine, but you wouldn't draft two OLB's in the first two rounds. Furthermore, this guy's rationale for drafting OLB at #11 is Ellison/Crowell. That won't be an issue if/when we sign June/Keiaho. Not that we shouldn't look at the position but DE is of #1 importance. Trade up to get Orakpo or E. Brown. Or trade down to 20 or so and pick up Michael Johnson and stockpile picks.

I believe Johnson has got bust written all over him more so than Maybin

Did you honestly just compare Aaron Maybin with Chris Kelsay???? You made some other decent points, but I don't know if I can take anything else you said seriously after that. Maybin and Kelsay are two completely different players with completely different skill sets. I'm not as high as some on Maybin, but am pretty confident he will develop into a MUCH better pass rusher than Chris Kelsay has been or ever will be. Not that that's saying much, but if you've watched Aaron Maybin play at all at Penn St. he is nowhere near a non-factor like Kelsay has been for most of his career. The guy might not be worth a top 10-15 pick in the end, but I think he will put up some good sack numbers in this league.

Did you honestly just compare Aaron Maybin with Chris Kelsay???? You made some other decent points, but I don't know if I can take anything else you said seriously after that. Maybin and Kelsay are two completely different players with completely different skill sets. I'm not as high as some on Maybin, but am pretty confident he will develop into a MUCH better pass rusher than Chris Kelsay has been or ever will be. Not that that's saying much, but if you've watched Aaron Maybin play at all at Penn St. he is nowhere near a non-factor like Kelsay has been for most of his career. The guy might not be worth a top 10-15 pick in the end, but I think he will put up some good sack numbers in this league.

No, I wasn't comparing them as players. I just meant that Kelsay was a porjected first rounder who we grabbed in the second, and look how well that turned out. They are obviously completely different players...although they could be equally ineffective. Don't forget, Chris Kelsay had seven sacks his final season at Nebraska. That hasn't really translated to the NFL.

Aaron Maybin will hit double digit sacks if he plays in a 3-4. If he's a 4-3 DE, it'll never happen.

No, I wasn't comparing them as players. I just meant that Kelsay was a porjected first rounder who we grabbed in the second, and look how well that turned out. They are obviously completely different players...although they could be equally ineffective.

Huh? So what? So by your rational if any player who is projected in the 1st slips to the second we should pass them up?

Thank God you're not in charge.

No, I wasn't comparing them as players. I just meant that Kelsay was a porjected first rounder who we grabbed in the second, and look how well that turned out. They are obviously completely different players...although they could be equally ineffective.

Completely irrelevant. Erik Flowers was a projected first rounder who we took in the first round. Look how well that turned out too.

Huh? So what? So by your rational if any player who is projected in the 1st slips to the second we should pass them up?

Thank God you're not in charge.

What???

Are you mentally deficient? My rationale was that if a player who is going to be a bust but is projected to be a 1st round pick slips to the second we shouldn't just draft him because talking heads thought he would be a first rounder. Get your head checked.

Completely irrelevant. Erik Flowers was a projected first rounder who we took in the first round. Look how well that turned out too.

That...doesn't make any sense. You too completely missed my point, it seems. My point was that just because a projected first rounder slips into the second round doesn't mean we should pick him, and it certainly doesn't mean we'd be "ecstatic" to get him.

What???

Are you mentally deficient? My rationale was that if a player who is going to be a bust but is projected to be a 1st round pick slips to the second we shouldn't just draft him because talking heads thought he would be a first rounder. Get your head checked.

That...doesn't make any sense. You too completely missed my point, it seems. My point was that just because a projected first rounder slips into the second round doesn't mean we should pick him, and it certainly doesn't mean we'd be "ecstatic" to get him.

Listen up Hocktard, you should re-read what you're writing because your ignorance is shining through, many players throughout draft history have slipped due to various reasons and have still been good picks. The world isn't black and white and every first round projected DE that slips into the second rd isn't Chris Kelsey.

What???

What....? This is the most ridiculous rationale I have ever heard of in my life. When did anyone ever say we should draft a guy in the 2nd round that was projected to be a 1st rounder just because he slipped to the next round? Where did you get that from the conversation? And how do YOU, or anyone else for that matter, know that a player who is projected to go a round earlier than he does "is going to be a bust"? Ridiculous argument, if you could even call it one. More like organized insanity.

Listen up Hocktard, you should re-read what you're writing because your ignorance is shining through, many players throughout draft history have slipped due to various reasons and have still been good picks. The world isn't black and white and every first round projected DE that slips into the second rd isn't Chris Kelsey.

Well done. That's a great variation on my screenname. Did you stay up all night thinking of that one?

Again, you're missing the point, so this is the last time I'm going to explain this. I didn't say that all players who slip are bad players, I was simply making the point that just because a player slips doesn't mean he's a "steal" in a later round. If he sucks he still sucks, no matter when he was drafted. I'm sorry that you can't get that.

What....? This is the most ridiculous rationale I have ever heard of in my life. When did anyone ever say we should draft a guy in the 2nd round that was projected to be a 1st rounder just because he slipped to the next round? Where did you get that from the conversation? And how do YOU, or anyone else for that matter, know that a player who is projected to go a round earlier than he does "is going to be a bust"? Ridiculous argument, if you could even call it one. More like organized insanity.

You missed the point too. Read above. I think Maybin will be a huge bust as a 4-3 DE, and I'm not the only one (in fact, I don't know of a single sports writer who thinks he can play in a 4-3, Matt Williamson has said he "has his doubts," and Mel Kiper is saying he's in a basic "free-fall" after his combine performance). My point - as I have had to re-state now four times for you and your friend 'Hazed' - was that just because you free-fall doesn't mean you're a good pick in a later round like the guy at the Walter football website seems to think.

When did anyone ever say we should draft a guy in the 2nd round that was projected to be a 1st rounder just because he slipped to the next round? Where did you get that from the conversation?

"Considering some 2009 NFL mock drafts have the Bills taking Aaron Maybin at No. 11, this is a steal. I just think Maybin is going to slip on Draft Day because he really struggled to carry 249 pounds at the Combine. He even ran slower than Mitch King, for crying out loud. Teams may see Maybin as a project, given his small frame and the fact that he was a one-year wonder at Penn State.

Regardless, the Bills will be thrilled to land him down here. The team finished with just 24 sacks on the year, so this is a position that really needs to be addressed. " - http://www.walterfootball.com/draft2009_2.php

Next time do your own research.