Employer:

buffalo bills

Position:

safety

Time Period:

January - Present

Description:

hit people

Hit people? Listen Donte, when your not blowing people up, do yourself a favor and just wrap up a ballcarrier. I like Donte's attitude and all the energy but when is it going to translate to the field? He is a solid player but not a playmaker, IMO. Hit people? Just make the tackle, please.

This is what it says:

College:

* The Ohio State University '06

* consumer affairs

High School:

* Glenville High School '03

Employer:

buffalo bills

Position:

safety

Time Period:

January - Present

Description:

hit people

It should read... "Hit People, Injure shoulder...come back when 50% healthy, Hit People, Injure shoulder again"

Donte is one of the outspoken ones on the team...

I like his attitude but the dude needs to go to FS

he will be a beast there

You have to be more of a ballhawk at FS. Can someone who has said this verify how they think this is going to work? He doesn't break up passes, he doesn't get INTs, and he's not good in coverage or tackling in space.

He's the ultimate "he would suck at FS" but his draft spot gives people hope.

you guyz are too critical.

He is a hitter, and he is known through out the NFL as a fierce hitter.

Only the critical Bills fans see him as anything different

Yes, only the people who care about the way he performs on the field, are critical about him. Why in the hell would a Vikings, Bengals, Chiefs, etc etc etc. fans give a damn?

you guyz are too critical.

He is a hitter, and he is known through out the NFL as a fierce hitter.

Only the critical Bills fans see him as anything different

I don't see it. In fact I think he is less physical than the average SS in this league. The only time I've heard him referrred to as a fierce hitter is when he's commenting on himself. I said it in my previous post and I'll say it again, Donte is a solid player but not a gamechanger. Maybe he does all his fierce hitting in practice?

Yes, only the people who care about the way he performs on the field, are critical about him. Why in the hell would a Vikings, Bengals, Chiefs, etc etc etc. fans give a damn?

That's not the point.

Sometimes you have to take a step back to be able to see things more clearly. Us as Bills fans are so negative about the state of the Bills, tend to see things with a glass is half empty out look.

Sort of like when you get two people that are constantly arguing with one another, they tend to only see things from their own perspective, and sometimes having a mediator is the only possible solution, because that mediator see's things from an even keeled perspective, and therefore can make a better assessment of what really is going on. So the correlation that I'm making is that the "rest of the NFL" is that mediator. The General consensus of the NFL on Whitner is that he is a good, hard hitting tackler.

Since lots of Bills fans see things in a skewed manner, because of our mediocre play, we tend to remember certain plays and characterize those players based on that certain play. For instance, we see it time in and time out, that people criticize Whitner, and the play they bring up is the play where he got blown up by Sam Morris. All though he did get obliterated by Sammy Morris on that play, it is unfair to characterize his ability based on that single play.

I don't have any problems with Whitner's ability as a tackler or hitter, which was the whole point of the comment he had on his facebook. My problem with Whitner is that he hasn't been that playmaker that we have been hoping for him to be as of yet. He doesn't get Int'.s, doesn't cause lots of fumbles and etc.

But to say that he is not a hard hitter really doesn't portray what he really is.