Bills safe, Chiefs to lose franchise?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can we maybe wait for a comment from the Chiefs before backing up the moving vans? :flirt:

No.

rational thinking on this board..naw we are spur of the moment people..nonsense

You feel comfortable judging all 9,000 members here after six days? All righty then.

As to the linked story, Sanders (the county exec) is grandstanding. Gee, there's a surprise, right? They're in the middle of renovating Arrowhead (including a retractable roof), they'll probably get a Super Bowl when it's finished, and the Chiefs aren't going anywhere.

No.

You feel comfortable judging all 9,000 members here after six days? All righty then.

As to the linked story, Sanders (the county exec) is grandstanding. Gee, there's a surprise, right? They're in the middle of renovating Arrowhead (including a retractable roof), they'll probably get a Super Bowl when it's finished, and the Chiefs aren't going anywhere.

I've had an accout on here before..I'm not exactly new to these boards and I read these threads every day so yes there are alot of people on here who I find amazing with their thought process

My apologies, then.

I apologize if I came across as an jerk or something I wan't trying to paint everyone on these boards as that type of person..There are alot of very intelligent posters on these boards who are informed about a subject before they post on it like yourself, Ramius, Bill in NYC etc etc..although I don't always agree with their opinions I respect them. But there are a few who say things and I wonder if they say them just to hear themselve talk so to speak...all I was trying to say..Idk if i did a very good job.

In the current economy it is as likely that a given franchise will fold rather than move.

No city is giving incentives, no county is building stadiums or giving concessions.

What the state of the economy does do is virtually guarantee that the Bills will be in the Ralph (or vicinity) for the forseeable future.

I apologize if I came across as an jerk or something I wan't trying to paint everyone on these boards as that type of person..There are alot of very intelligent posters on these boards who are informed about a subject before they post on it like yourself, Ramius, Bill in NYC etc etc..although I don't always agree with their opinions I respect them. But there are a few who say things and I wonder if they say them just to hear themselve talk so to speak...all I was trying to say..Idk if i did a very good job.

Or maybe I just took it the wrong way; that seems to be going around. And I agree completely with the sentence I bolded. We're cool.

actually they can... when they cover up the seats it a 62,000 seat stadium... they usually fill that

So why do they need to cover up seats to make it one of the smallest stadiums in the league?

I think me and drizzy are going back to our old days on the myspace bills messege board..... i hate the jags.. i want them to move.. they wont because jacksonville is one of the fastest growing city of the U.S

But that was before the housing bust. The entire state of Florida is taking it particularly hard and will continue to do so for the duration of the economic depression. Believe it or not, Jacksonville's economy is not much greater than Buffalo's. How many Fortune 500 companies are there? And both cities have about the same metro population, but at least Buffalo can draw from Rochester and Southern Ontario. Plus Buffalo has 35 extra years of NFL tradition (not to mention the Buffalo All-Americans during the 1920's) and a proven pro football fan base that can sell out games for a terrible product without resorting to tarps.

Of course, the wild card in all this discussion is the privately funded stadium in L.A. Until that happens, talk of any franchise relocation is pointless.

The Chiefs are an integral part of the AFL and NFL's history, and have done nothing to deserve to be cut away from their fans. Whomever thinks that this is a ho-hum, average franchise move ala the Supersonics should rethink their position.

If the Chiefs move, the Bills are surely next, along with other teams if the economic situation worsens.

That would be pathetic. I couldn't see KC without a football team. This NFL is coming a joke, if that were to happen.

When pigs fly. Just because it breaks a lease doesn't mean Mayflower's scheduling a pickup. Two million is chump change and a new contract can be hammered out easily if that's all that's in play...

If the city fails to pay the $2 million the team has the right to break the contract. They can negotiate new terms as an example stores do, look for another home which they could not do as when they were under contract, etc. It is the same situation as it is with players like Jason Peters - just because you do not like the contract you signed does not mean you do not need to honor it - but it the contract is broken THEN you have rights to move on or renegotiate.

KC fans are true football fans and like Buffalo they don't deserve to lose their franchise either...

What the heck do you mean by that????? Buffalo is probably one of the most deserving teams to stay because unlike big market teams we care about our team. People in this town love the Bills and it's like a college atmosphere for games. I don't see how we dont deserve a team. If anything just look at the past few seasons as we do worse and worse and some how ALL the games have been sold out and people dont give up on them even if they say they have. I remember watching out games at miami, jacksonville, and St. Louis and i was amazed by the blocks of seats that were empty. But some how his crappy undeserving town some how always seem to fill up the Ralph

What the heck do you mean by that????? Buffalo is probably one of the most deserving teams to stay because unlike big market teams we care about our team. People in this town love the Bills and it's like a college atmosphere for games. I don't see how we dont deserve a team. If anything just look at the past few seasons as we do worse and worse and some how ALL the games have been sold out and people dont give up on them even if they say they have. I remember watching out games at miami, jacksonville, and St. Louis and i was amazed by the blocks of seats that were empty. But some how his crappy undeserving town some how always seem to fill up the Ralph

what he means by that is you can say the same thing about k.c. you don't get that? those people are absolutely nuts for that team and it will be a travesty if they lose them. somehow i think the nfl will see that it doesn't happen.