OK OK we got Owens...whats next??

Scheffler, Waters, June??? Dudes, if that we got that, and plus the draft, I might just have hope again....

GO BILLS!!!

I am thinking a little differently now about the draft. Are we all in agreement that the Bills signed TO to try to win games THIS year? If so, drafting a stud DE meets a long term need (and maybe a short term need - the equivocation has to do with how much impact a rookie DE can have on a team's success....typically not much (Peppers aside))

but

The other big need is at Tight End.

If I were the Bills, I would first see if the rumors about Denver being interested in trading Scheffler were true or not. If true, I'd meet their price.

If false, I'd draft Luke Pettigrew.

Now, Trent has two good RB's (minus Marshawn's 2-4 game suspension)

a good TE

two great WR's plus Josh Reed.

The risk is that Aaron Schobel can't return to form.

worth the risk to try and win 11 games next year.

When we beat the Patsies, I say let's tear down the goalposts!

Go Bills!

-RichNJoisy

CNJBBB

I am thinking a little differently now about the draft. Are we all in agreement that the Bills signed TO to try to win games THIS year? If so, drafting a stud DE meets a long term need (and maybe a short term need - the equivocation has to do with how much impact a rookie DE can have on a team's success....typically not much (Peppers aside))

but

The other big need is at Tight End.

If I were the Bills, I would first see if the rumors about Denver being interested in trading Scheffler were true or not. If true, I'd meet their price.

If false, I'd draft Luke Pettigrew.

Now, Trent has two good RB's (minus Marshawn's 2-4 game suspension)

a good TE

two great WR's plus Josh Reed.

The risk is that Aaron Schobel can't return to form.

worth the risk to try and win 11 games next year.

When we beat the Patsies, I say let's tear down the goalposts!

Go Bills!

-RichNJoisy

CNJBBB

I'm actually thinking they go heavy D now in this Draft...But I'm always wrong so You're probably dead on Rich... :thumbsup:

If The Bills do Draft Pettigrew at #11 this Offense is vastly...And I mean VASTLY improved weapon-wise...Should be intersting now...I'd like to see them grab some Mid-level UFA-help for the D...ESPECIALLY for the Pass Rush, before they go TE at #11...But I'd also LOVE to see the Bills get Pettigrew...Maybe a Trade Down??? We'll see... :P

I'm actually thinking they go heavy D now in this Draft...But I'm always wrong so You're probably dead on Rich... :thumbsup:

If The Bills do Draft Pettigrew at #11 this Offense is vastly...And I mean VASTLY improved weapon-wise...Should be intersting now...I'd like to see them grab some Mid-level UFA-help for the D...ESPECIALLY for the Pass Rush, before they go TE at #11...But I'd also LOVE to see the Bills get Pettigrew...Maybe a Trade Down??? We'll see... :P

Maybe go OL 1st to fll the LG spot...2nd Round TE Chase Coffman....

First off, we need to still hit a few more Free agent signings to give us a clear and solid direction in the draft. And in my opinion, 2 of the following 3 positions must be addressed outside of the draft either by trade or free agency: LB, LG, SS

And I think the key to filing those positions is signing freddy keiaho (linebacker from colts, I like him over June and I bet we get him before June) and then try to either sign Kendall Simmons or trade for waters.

Then we are a TE from having a complete offense, and a DE + SS away from having a complete defense. And the SS part is unknown as Scott may fill the role perfectly. Folks, we a lot closer than you all think (and don't say I am saying this because we got TO. I have been saying this for the past few months. I am very optimistic for next season and have been.)

We need impact players on the front 7. June or Peterson would be ok, but not enough. Get somebody in round 1 of the draft. I don't even care if it's a run-stuffer, an edge-rusher, or a hybrid LB. Just find 1 nasty player on the front 7. Do this and now we instantly have an average defense.

On offense, my first priority would be a Guard. You can moan about our TE situation (I've certainly have) but in reality it's not as imperative now with our WR weapons. Our offense is either going to be very good if Trent gets it, or very ordinary again if he doesn't. It's that simple.

I'll admit, i do not know much about Keiaho. Love to learn more on why him over June.

Grade: 67 | Key

Alert: None

Comment: Keiaho is an undersized linebacker with good quickness. He shows good reactions with good effort and toughness. When playing the run, he reacts quickly and gives good effort to get off blocks. He is quick with his use of hands and has adequate strength to shed contact. He fills quickly against inside run plays and has good ability to diagnose and get into gaps. He is also quick with his acceleration to the outside. His overall aggressiveness will get him in trouble at times and he could be more disciplined with his angles to the ball. He does a good job gearing down to force plays back to the inside. He has good lateral quickness and agility. He shows some burst to accelerate. He has adequate reactions in coverage and shows good range, but will show wasted movement while attempting to read. He is aggressive toward play-action and has to hustle to recover. His overall movement skills are good. He has quick feet with the ability to flip and close from zones. He shows good reactions with a short-area burst to make plays. He plays reckless in a good way.

Grade: 68 | Key

Alert: None

Comment: June moved from the weak outside linebacker position he was playing in Indianapolis to the strong outside linebacker position for the Buccaneers. He is undersized for the position, but plays with good instincts and is very athletic. He plays with a good motor and is very competitive going to the ball. He has the intelligence to play on either side and not miss a beat. He does a good job of recognizing blocking schemes and is quick to locate the level of the ball. He takes good angles and can adjust on the move. He can struggle when he has to take on and defeat blockers while at the point of attack and generally has to run around most blockers rather than take them on. He is not the strongest tackler and does not always come under control before contact, which can cause him to miss his share of tackles. He looks athletic when dropping into space and does a good job of defending the pass. He can close on the ball and shows ball skills when he gets to the area. While he probably fits the weak side linebacker spot better, he can be effective playing on the strong side, as well.

Keiaho is only 26, still improving, and had a very good 2008 season.

We need impact players on the front 7. June or Peterson would be ok, but not enough. Get somebody in round 1 of the draft. I don't even care if it's a run-stuffer, an edge-rusher, or a hybrid LB. Just find 1 nasty player on the front 7. Do this and now we instantly have an average defense.

On offense, my first priority would be a Guard. You can moan about our TE situation (I've certainly have) but in reality it's not as imperative now with our WR weapons. Our offense is either going to be very good if Trent gets it, or very ordinary again if he doesn't. It's that simple.

I am still sold on the TE - TO will be gone next year (or he'll cost an arm and a leg) and we will need to compensate for his loss. If this TE is as good as advertised (possible top 10 ten draft pick). We shoulda did a two year w/ TO..