Obama/Clinton send 900,000,000 to palestine

Hamas rockets killed 13 Israelis.

First, my understanding is that Hamas uses human shields. I may be wrong, as it's been a while, but if it's true, then who is really at fault?

Second, just out of curiosity...if a Hamas rocket somehow hit the US and killed 13 people, your choice would be to...what, exactly? Invite them over for tea and see if we could resolve it nicely? Surrender, maybe?

I'm serious. What would YOU do if their rocket killed 13 of YOUR people?

First, my understanding is that Hamas uses human shields. I may be wrong, as it's been a while, but if it's true, then who is really at fault?

Second, just out of curiosity...if a Hamas rocket somehow hit the US and killed 13 people, your choice would be to...what, exactly? Invite them over for tea and see if we could resolve it nicely? Surrender, maybe?

Pay them 1.3 trillion dollars and hope they don't do it again.

The human shields is a big misconception. It's far more complicated than that.

If the rocket was fired for no apparent reason, and without my country instigating said rocket fire, I'd hope there were repurcussions. Hamas is not a state. Therefore, who do you retaliate against? You know in the movies when the little pip squeak scares away the band of bad guys because unbeknowst to him, a much larger ally, one who actually COULD take on the bad guys single-handedly is standing right behind him? If not for the US, there would have been some MAJOR penalties enforced on Israel for their response.

13 < the number of people who died two years ago at Virginia Tech. Did THOSE non-state sponsored attacks warrant a military retaliation? I understand that I just made a huge leap there, but this issue is far more complicated than "rocket fired means someone should be attacked." The might excercised by Israel against a state, in retaliation to an non-state actor goes completely unjustified, IMO.

The human shields is a big misconception. It's far more complicated than that.

If the rocket was fired for no apparent reason, and without my country instigating said rocket fire, I'd hope there were repurcussions. Hamas is not a state. Therefore, who do you retaliate against? You know in the movies when the little pip squeak scares away the band of bad guys because unbeknowst to him, a much larger ally, one who actually COULD take on the bad guys single-handedly is standing right behind him? If not for the US, there would have been some MAJOR penalties enforced on Israel for their response.

13 < the number of people who died two years ago at Virginia Tech. Did THOSE non-state sponsored attacks warrant a military retaliation? I understand that I just made a huge leap there, but this issue is far more complicated than "rocket fired means someone should be attacked." The might excercised by Israel against a state, in retaliation to an non-state actor goes completely unjustified, IMO.

Hamas is a state sponsered group, whether on the books or not. It's like black ops team performing an incursion on behalf of the US. It happens and if they get caught the US would be responsible, even if it is "off the record".

Then what is it? Do you honestly believe we would be doing this if Reagan was in office?

Why are we sending money to a terrorist nation who is still sending missles into Israel daily? Why are we sending a billion dollars to a terrorist nation when we have our own issues at home?

Even if the money doesn't wind up in Hamas hands, it still frees up money elsewhere that otherwise wouldn't. Let them rebuild themselves. They got themselves into the problem, let them get out.

Palestine is a nation now? :cry:

If Reagan was in office, we'd be sending Marines into Gaza. Oops, been there, done that in Lebanon. How'd that work out?

Palestine is a nation now? :cry:

If Reagan was in office, we'd be sending Marines into Gaza. Oops, been there, done that in Lebanon. How'd that work out?

Can they load weapons this time? I bet it would have been a whole lot different if they were allowed to shoot. And you really don't even want to go there, because you have no !@#$ing clue what the !@#$ you're talking about.

Can they load weapons this time? I bet it would have been a whole lot different if they were allowed to shoot. And you really don't even want to go there, because you have no !@#$ing clue what the !@#$ you're talking about.

Oh I'll go there, because it was a clusterf#$k to put our troops in the middle of that mess. If they weren't allowed to shoot, then that's on Reagan for agreeing with that restriction.

Then what is it? Do you honestly believe we would be doing this if Reagan was in office?

Why are we sending money to a terrorist nation who is still sending missles into Israel daily? Why are we sending a billion dollars to a terrorist nation when we have our own issues at home?

Even if the money doesn't wind up in Hamas hands, it still frees up money elsewhere that otherwise wouldn't. Let them rebuild themselves. They got themselves into the problem, let them get out.

Iran Contra ring any bells?