Jason Taylor RELEASED

I love how Bills fans have this incredible desire to sign anyone who has ever made a pro bowl.

This isn't hockey. Aging skill players don't translate into wins.

I guess we like it because we never have guys in the pro bowl. Nor any players that have a National profile.

Miami got a 2009 2nd for him. Another solid move by the honchos in DC, another 2nd round pick burned without a playoff season to show for it.

If they never win another game, it will be too soon for me. After the dulfelons and cheatriots*, they are tied with the Dallas plastic-faces as my most despised team.

actually this would be a good move by Buffalo to grab him...Taylor lined up opposite Schobel and grab 1 or 2 DE's in draft and let those 2 groom the rookies....a rotation of Taylor and someone like Ayers wouldn't be bad at all...I'm not saying give him a 5 year deal , just a 2 or 3 maybe...maybe Ellis will show something this year and rotate with Schobel..Bills could then dump Kelsay and/or Denney

I guess we like it because we never have guys in the pro bowl. Nor any players that have a National profile.

No. Because you think having national approval is the answer to everything. That is the ultimate conundrum that has been upseting Buffalo fans for years. Since the mid 90's and all before then, we've desperately been seeking approval from everyone else. Why? Be who you are.

Would Jason Taylor be an improvement to this defense? Of course. You could do no wrong with additions in the DE/OLB spots. Do I think we need a washed up superstar? No. Let's try and do this the right way and address the issue at the draft. I'd love to see us move some picks this year, get younger and stop trying to appease the masses of whiners who think playoff or bust each year but wonder why we've blundered.

Word is here in "Redskin Territory" is they had to get rid of him to fit Deangelo Hall's contract under the cap. Me personally would rather have Taylor than Hall, but Daniel Snyder runs that team, and as long as he does, he will be a big spending, big dreaming, small results team owner. I would like to see Taylor in Buffalo, but we already have way too much money invested in average DE's, and with the exception of a healthy Schobel, below average.

He's also 34 and seemed slow and injury prone last year. Not to mention he has serious commitment issues.

I would hardly call him "injury prone." The guy missed 4 games in 11 years before last year, and his "injury" almost required his leg to be amputated if doctors didn't act fast enough.

Even with such a serious injury, the guy still played in 13 games. He's a warrior and will play better when fully healed.

I don't think the bills will bite on this one, but I think he's got a few good seasons left in him. Probably be great as a situational passer on a line with some other studs.

I would hardly call him "injury prone." The guy missed 4 games in 11 years before last year, and his "injury" almost required his leg to be amputated if doctors didn't act fast enough.

Even with such a serious injury, the guy still played in 13 games. He's a warrior and will play better when fully healed.

I don't think the bills will bite on this one, but I think he's got a few good seasons left in him. Probably be great as a situational passer on a line with some other studs.

Interestingly ProFootballTalk is reporting that 12 teams have expressed an interest in Taylor. Taylor has his criteria though. He'll be very choosy for sure.

Interestingly ProFootballTalk is reporting that 12 teams have expressed an interest in Taylor. Taylor has his criteria though. He'll be very choosy for sure.

And he's never minced his words when talking about the Bills Dolphins rivalry after games. I doubt he'll come here, or anywhere in the AFC East for that manner, simply because of the rivalries over the years.

Of course I'll be the first to come on here and insert my foot in my mouth if he signs with NE*

:thumbsup: