I would like to see a veteran wide receiver, but...

the only ones left that I like are Coles or Housh. The thing I like about Houshman-mynameistoolong is that he has the height that creates mismatches and for the jump balls and he will win some of those one on one battles that Hardy just wasn't ready to do in his first year (or ever - the jury is still out). The thing I like about Coles is that he still has speed and decent hands that draws some respect even after 9 years in the league.

After that, there are a lot of receivers that I am not sure would add much more than what our crop of rookies and bench warmers should be able to do this year. At 6-2 and 202, I would really like to see what Steve Johnson could do this year with more opportunities and with Hardy rehabbing they need to give him his shot. I don't care where he was drafted at, all this kid has done so far is make plays when given the chance.

With the purchase of a new center, does that mean that Preston will be moving over to Guard to fill the Dockery vacancy? Folks have always commented that Guard was Preston's more natural position. Either way the OBD needs to lock up Peters and get this settled before training camp so they can come out of the gate firing this year instead of the mess Peters made of things when he returned late last year. Do that, and they can focus on Defense in the first and second round of the draft.

I am still not sold on needing an elite TE, just one that blocks well, runs good routes and finds gaps in the coverage. If he isn't a drive killer - dropping critical passes thrown his way like Royal used to do that would be gravy.

With the purchase of a new center, does that mean that Preston will be moving over to Guard to fill the Dockery vacancy?

The Bills do not seem to be making a push to re-sign Preston. I said in another post that doing so may be their "plan B" but there has been no mention of a new deal for him in Buffalo and he does not appear to be getting much interest around the league which says a lot in my opinion.

The Bills do not seem to be making a push to re-sign Preston. I said in another post that doing so may be their "plan B" but there has been no mention of a new deal for him in Buffalo and he does not appear to be getting much interest around the league which says a lot in my opinion.

That leaves us with a practice squad guy Denman that they let go of briefly to resign practice squad guy CB Dustin Fox - I know, that's one nobody getting released to make room for another and doesn't bode well for Denman being a starter.

The other guy is an untested 7th rounder.

We'll be fine :wallbash:

That leaves us with a practice squad guy Denman that they let go of briefly to resign practice squad guy CB Dustin Fox - I know, that's one nobody getting released to make room for another and doesn't bode well for Denman being a starter.

The other guy is an untested 7th rounder.

We'll be fine :wallbash:

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Hardy was NOT, repeat NOT given a fair shot in his rookie year due in large part to Trent's unwillingness to throw the deep ball.

The man is 6'5" and used to play basketball. Watching him play in person I was surprised at how fast he was. Yet how many times did we go deep to him in 2008? How many times did he even get the opportunity to come down with a jump ball?

"Push" to sign Duke Preston? LOL! He'll be available if Buffalo wants him...whenever that may be.

"Push" to sign Duke Preston? LOL! He'll be available if Buffalo wants him...whenever that may be.

Agreed. The Bills will probably use a mid round pick on a guard (or Bell might be ready). Preston will sign close to a minimum deal.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Hardy was NOT, repeat NOT given a fair shot in his rookie year due in large part to Trent's unwillingness to throw the deep ball.

The man is 6'5" and used to play basketball. Watching him play in person I was surprised at how fast he was. Yet how many times did we go deep to him in 2008? How many times did he even get the opportunity to come down with a jump ball?

Chill bud.

I did not say I was giving up on Hardy - simply that the jury was still out and that he would most likely still be rehabbing his knee. Most receivers do not do a lot in their rookie year.

You have to admit that when Trent threw a catchable ball to Hardy, he was often out-fought by the corner backs. Hardy will have to butch-up to play in the Nasty Football League. Steve Johnson was able to position himself better to make catches even when there was a lot more bodies around him in the red zone.

And I do agree that Trent did not go with the deep ball enough, but I think it had more to do with Fowler and Preston being pushed into his face than Trent deciding not to go there. When he steps up, Trent can get it there.

And when we did, the big man came up small almost every time. I hope it's correctable, but he just never seemed to fight for balls.....

Makes me wonder though, and I am not alone from reports I have read.

Preston was a bit light to handle the AFC East nose tackles, and we did ok against the Jets the second time around simply because the coaching staff gave him help on passing downs. Hangartner does not sound like he is much bigger than Duke.

Let's hope that he is stronger, better center of gravity, etc... we just need someone who isn't going to get pushed back into Trents face so our QB can actually step up for a change.

I am still not sold on needing an elite TE, just one that blocks well, runs good routes and finds gaps in the coverage. If he isn't a drive killer - dropping critical passes thrown his way like Royal used to do that would be gravy.

I'm an advocate on seeing what the situation is with WR Drew Bennett. I wouldn't want him as another WR but would be interested in if he could be converted into a pass catching TE/HB. He's got tremendous size and already being a WR you know he can catch and have decent speed.

I'm an advocate on seeing what the situation is with WR Drew Bennett. I wouldn't want him as another WR but would be interested in if he could be converted into a pass catching TE/HB. He's got tremendous size and already being a WR you know he can catch and have decent speed.

I don't know... I would have to take a pass considering his injury history and years in the league. Plus the front office always wants their TEs to be able to block well then catch. I could not see them going for someone with such a limited role, but hell - what do I know?

Call me crazy, but I like Steve Johnson. I think he COULD BE an option as our #2. And crazier still, probably, I think Derek Fine might be an OK tight end, given an opportunity. But I think we'll get Coles, or Toomer. Our #1 need, IMO, is a pass rushing LDE, which will be our target at #11. And we'll pick up servicable veterans for LG and LOLB in FA. Thoughts, anyone?...

Call me crazy, but I like Steve Johnson. I think he COULD BE an option as our #2. And crazier still, probably, I think Derek Fine might be an OK tight end, given an opportunity. But I think we'll get Coles, or Toomer. Our #1 need, IMO, is a pass rushing LDE, which will be our target at #11. And we'll pick up servicable veterans for LG and LOLB in FA. Thoughts, anyone?...

Agreed. We could get a LOLB or LG in the draft tho as well. But first round will be best pass rusher. I would like us to sign Sean Jones at SS. Dont think it will happen but im hoping.

HARDY DROP 4 STRAIT PASSES IN THE ONE GAME CANT RECALL WHO WERE PLAYING