umm... Dockery was our best O-Lineman

Look, Dockery WAS overpaid, and he DID underperform a little, but regardless he was probably

overall our best lineman last year.

Lets break it down:

Jason Peters - penalty machine. bad attitude.

Langston Walker - slow as HELL.

Butler - Ok, he wasnt bad.

Preston - sh--

Fowler - even worse than preston

I know I forgot a few, but everyone is saying how great it is that Dockery is gone,

but he was still arguably our best o lineman. Is anyone else upset that our line is worse?

ps. I know that it opened up some cap room, but is a rookie really gonna be able to be a successful starter on day 1 of next season?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Look, Dockery WAS overpaid, and he DID underperform a little, but regardless he was probably

Lets break it down:

Preston - sh--

I know I forgot a few, but everyone is saying how great it is that Dockery is gone,

but he was still arguably our best o lineman. Is anyone else upset that our line is worse?

ps. I know that it opened up some cap room, but is a rookie really gonna be able to be a successful starter on day 1 of next season?

I know it's hard to compare guards and tackles, but there is no freakin way that Dockery was better than Peters. And it's not so much that Dockery was bad, he just wasn't owrth 7 million dollars.

I know it's hard to compare guards and tackles, but there is no freakin way that Dockery was better than Peters. And it's not so much that Dockery was bad, he just wasn't owrth 7 million dollars.

Yeah, Dockery was good. But that's it. He was okay and consistent, never missing a game, but not worth the money he was getting.

Peters .Short memory pal. I watched him play every game start to finish last yr when he came back. Sack after sack after sack. And then gets hurt during the end of season. He got a tiny bit better his last two games and then the I quit injury. Yeah he`s a rock.

Peters .Short memory pal. I watched him play every game start to finish last yr when he came back. Sack after sack after sack. And then gets hurt during the end of season. He got a tiny bit better his last two games and then the I quit injury. Yeah he`s a rock.

Finally someone who actually watched the games.

Peters was horrible this year!

It seemed if he wasnt giving up holding calls, he was getting pushed aside all the time

Do you actually have a reason or do you just randomly blurt out statements?

Sorry pal, but I disagree with what you said. Deal with it. Peters had a down year, no doubt, but that's because he missed camp. He is the best lineman on our team and has endless talent and upside.

There's a reason Dockery was cut and Peters is getting an extension. But silly me, I didn't realize that you were qualified to be GM just because you have a keyboard and internet access.

Butler had some injuries but is a better guard than Dockery. And Walker is rather solid, though unspectacular.

You can't compare guards and tackles neither. Not at all.

Peters was not playing bad considering he missed all of training camp and all Tackles get beat every now and then. But joey Porter had his lunch last season(4 sacks) even with that he has made 2 pro bowls in a row. If they get him signed to a new deal i bet we get the Peters of 07. Trust

If you noticed the line play got alot better once Butler came back. Hes pretty good not Pro bowl material but solid.

I thought Big Boy Walker played well last year. He could stand to lose about 20 lbs but he carries his weight ok

The guys above made more of any impact then Dockery. He good at pass blocking but is not effective as you might want for a guy his size in the run game on a consistent level. I thought he would be a road grader but to the Bills surprise he was not. So they did the right thing by letting him go. Plus I think they were trying to make Jason Peters the highest paid lineman so they can get him back to playing with a smile on his face.

Your analysis was no better than his.

Fair enough, here's some more:

The angle i'm taking on this, is not to make Dockery out to be a pro-bowler- because he's not.

My angle is to compare him to what we already have, thus my listing of the other linemen around Dockery.

Some more points:

Duke: has maturity issues(end of 1st half vs Pats)

Butler: too tall and lanky to really make a difference

Walker: Seems to take plays off.

That Dockery was our best lineman? Because he is clearly anything but.

The title of this thread I will admit is a little misleading.

I kind of wanted a knee jerk reaction.

Dockery was arguably our best lineman.

I would put him on par with Butler, Peters(if I forget this past season), and Walker.

But behind these guys it seems like we have next to NOTHING,

and it seems like we took a position that we were already very weak at, and made it even more weak!

The offensive line is a hard unit to criticize. I mean its hard to say one player is better then the other because they all have such different responsebilities. You have to look at the line as a whole instead of one player here or there. The Bills had problems with the line play and the thought Dockery was not producing at the level he should have been. They also must of thought that about Fowler and Preston too. They have not been signed either. You nor do i know what line calls were made on what plays. Who was suppose to help on a defender. I for one am not mad at the Dockery cut. What i would like to see though is the Bills put some good talent on the line and let it play together for a few years. That is the one place where 'Continuity" matters.

Lets break it down:

Preston - sh--

Derek Dockery sucked, plain and simple. The Lions should feel lucky they combined with the Inner Circle Jerks to screw up that trade. He may have some talent for his size, but there was zero attitude, zero nastiness, and zero motivation for Dockery as a Buffalo Bill. Duke Preston was a better guard then Dockery. Not center, but Duke played guard with a higher motor and more attitude then Dockery. Langston Walker did a nice job filling in for Peters when Jason was out, and he may not be worth his money, but he is far better at right tackle then Dockery was at gard. Brad Butler has nothing but upside coming in as a 6th rounder, and Melvin Fowler has already been replaced by the big dude from Carolina. (Hangartner, Harngarter or whatever his name is.)

Maybe Dockery will do better back in Washington, but I'm happy he was cut.

I have lost total faith in this front office. Dockery was overpaid, yes....but we already handed him the money. He went on to Washington for a better financial package than he would have made here the rest of his deal. I agree that there is a huge difference between not playing up to your contract and expectations, and being a bad player.

Dockery was a lot like a defensive defenseman in hockey....I didn't notice him much. To me, that means he was solid enough. Not only that, but I am sure he covered up for Peters and his 7 Wonderlic, many a time. While I was disappointed that Dockery was never a real force in the run game, I never saw him get blown off the ball like the rest of the interior, and I didn't see him get beat consecutive plays on a regular basis like Peters.

My prediction....unless we bring in someone with smarts at LG, we are going to see Edwards killed by week 4 from his blind side.