Bills' Free Agent Scorecard

BobbyC81

Yahoo Sports has a list of the Top 100 Free Agents going into Friday.

Hangartner is # 61, and listed as the 4th center after Jason Brown, Grove & Birk.

Fitzpatrick was WAY down the list at #91 and the 8th QB. Hopefully this works out but I'm somewhat disappointed. Possibly they could've had Cassell for a 2nd rounder, Rosenfells for a 4th, Kitna in some deal or Frerotte for nothing. Sure, you can say Edwards is your guy & you don't want him looking over his shoulder but to me the jury is still out on him, especially with the injury history & cold weather play. Why would you not want to position yourself to improve on that position??

Hangartner is # 61, and listed as the 4th center after Jason Brown, Grove & Birk.

Fitzpatrick was WAY down the list at #91 and the 8th QB. Hopefully this works out but I'm somewhat disappointed. Possibly they could've had Cassell for a 2nd rounder, Rosenfells for a 4th, Kitna in some deal or Frerotte for nothing. Sure, you can say Edwards is your guy & you don't want him looking over his shoulder but to me the jury is still out on him, especially with the injury history & cold weather play. Why would you not want to position yourself to improve on that position??

Cassel would cost too much salary wise...but, I would have taken Rosenfels for a 4th or Kitna for a 5th. My buddy who is a Dolphins fan, really liked Rosenfels when he played there for a year or so.

Plus, Cassel would have to have been named the Starter from the get-go! Trent still needs time and playmakers around him.

Because a few reasons. One, you would have to trade for all of those players. Why give up draft picks when you could sign someone? Two, Cassel and Rosenfells are not backups and wanted to start. Kitna and Frerotte are not even necessarily better than what we just signed, and they would have costed more.

It appears that the Bills are content with Edwards and they were in the market for a back-up QB, not a starter--so Cassel, and Rosenfels didn't make sense. And as reported, they preferred Fitz over Kitna (which I agree with).

On the interior linemen, it's more a balancing of talent, age, potential, and money.

I think we're doing okay so far.

It appears that the Bills are content with Edwards and they were in the market for a back-up QB, not a starter--so Cassel, and Rosenfels didn't make sense. And as reported, they preferred Fitz over Kitna (which I agree with).

On the interior linemen, it's more a balancing of talent, age, potential, and money.

I think we're doing okay so far.

One smart thing I guess signing a Fitzpatrick vs the others is it doesn't give any false illusions about the offense. Despite how the offense was with Kelly, it doesn't make sense to have a passing offense playing in the Buffalo Winter. A ball-control run-oriented offense makes more sense. The cost to acquire some of these other QBs could be a waste if they were underutilized.

I have had an issue with the Bills continuing to acquire QBs who grew up in California, even though I live out here, when they have little or no exposure to playing in winter weather. Fitzpatrick had played for Harvard in likely some poor conditions and 2 seasons with Cincy. Hopefully Edwards gets used to the conditions.