Colts keep Saturday

The Tomcat

I think the Bills lose out on both Brown and Birk.

Dont be surprised though if one of the "first day signings" tomorrow end up being Brad Meester or Jake Grove, one of the second tier Centers on the market. The sign a veteran FA, draft a Center and let them battle it out in camp. My money is on Brad Meester, he's got a lot of starting experience under his belt and is used to playing in a run-first offense.

Also, the Bills will sign Brandon Moore, methinks.

Dont be surprised though if one of the "first day signings" tomorrow end up being Brad Meester or Jake Grove, one of the second tier Centers on the market. The sign a veteran FA, draft a Center and let them battle it out in camp. My money is on Brad Meester, he's got a lot of starting experience under his belt and is used to playing in a run-first offense.

First of all. Malta as in the island country south of France? Or some small town USA? Signing a veteran center would be a good move. Need a little help on Brandon Moore. What's his deal?

First of all. Malta as in the island country south of France? Or some small town USA? Signing a veteran center would be a good move. Need a little help on Brandon Moore. What's his deal?

When I first created this account, I was doing a work-study on the island of Malta in the city of Zabbar. Since then I moved back home (Saratoga Springs) and now by a strange twist of fate I'm in Orchard Park, NY while my girlfriend gets her masters out here.

Brandon Moore got released today by the NY Jets. He wasnt getting released because he wasnt any good, but because the Jets so royally screwed their salary cap last season, they had to do something to get themselves in decent cap space going into FA.

Moore is a mauling guard, excellent at both run and pass blocking. He was scheduled to have his salary increase from 2.3 million a year to a whopping 7 million, so the Jets cut him loose. Think of it this way though, we were paying Derrick "Who?" Dockery 7 million to stare at DTs while they blew past him. Offer Moore the same and he's ours.

I'd be a little worried about Meester. He's had injury problems.

Brandon Moore

Birth Date June 3, 1980

Birth Place Gary, IN

Height 6-3

Weight 295 lbs.

Age 28

Position G

Experience 6 years

College Illinois

Grade: 65 | Key Grade means player is an average starter

Alert: None

Comment: Moore is a five-year veteran who has below-average size, but has toughness and athleticism. He is a smart, instinctive player who wins with effort, technique and deceptive lower-body strength. He isn't an explosive or powerful athlete, but he uses great knee bend and a low center of gravity to be an effective run and pass-blocker. He uses his hands and a quick first step to gain leverage. He can scoop effectively on the backside of blocks or execute chip blocks to the second level. He tends to give too much ground versus power bull rushers and is best on combination blocking schemes. Moore is a solid reactor to stunts and twists. He understands proper angles and hand placement to wall off defenders effectively. He is a hard-nosed player with great durability, who may be maxed out. But he is a consistent performer and should continue to be productive as an overachieving offensive lineman.

Slightly undersized but a good player who'd probably be an upgrade.

Brandon Moore

Birth Date June 3, 1980

Birth Place Gary, IN

Height 6-3

Weight 295 lbs.

Age 28

Position G

Experience 6 years

College Illinois

Grade: 65 | Key Grade means player is an average starter

Alert: None

Comment: Moore is a five-year veteran who has below-average size, but has toughness and athleticism. He is a smart, instinctive player who wins with effort, technique and deceptive lower-body strength. He isn't an explosive or powerful athlete, but he uses great knee bend and a low center of gravity to be an effective run and pass-blocker. He uses his hands and a quick first step to gain leverage. He can scoop effectively on the backside of blocks or execute chip blocks to the second level. He tends to give too much ground versus power bull rushers and is best on combination blocking schemes. Moore is a solid reactor to stunts and twists. He understands proper angles and hand placement to wall off defenders effectively. He is a hard-nosed player with great durability, who may be maxed out. But he is a consistent performer and should continue to be productive as an overachieving offensive lineman.

Slightly undersized but a good player who'd probably be an upgrade.

I just don't think 6'3" is all that undersized.