cutting crappy players = the easy part

jester43

is the bills "braintrust" capable of locating and signing upgrades? today's moves are a step in the right direction...but they are worth ZERO if we can't replace them with better players.

what exactly have ralph's lackeys done to give you any confidence the team will improve? yes they've cut two underachievers, but they've accomplished nothing that makes the team better. i'm guessing they have someone in mind that will be an upgrade over dockery, but i shudder to think who it might wind up being.

is the bills "braintrust" capable of locating and signing upgrades? today's moves are a step in the right direction...but they are worth ZERO if we can't replace them with better players.

what exactly have ralph's lackeys done to give you any confidence the team will improve? yes they've cut two underachievers, but they've accomplished nothing that makes the team better. i'm guessing they have someone in mind that will be an upgrade over dockery, but i shudder to think who it might wind up being.

I am down on the lack of total talent on this team. Juaron although not a good coach is a middle of the road coach, good at getting the most out of his players, bad at game day adjustments and time management. As long as Ralph is the owner he is the kind of coach we will get. Talent wise though there is no reason they should have this little talent on the team, it is almost like they try to not get good players and strive to make bad talent moves. Maybe giving Modrak nore control is what is needed, who knows.

Give the Inner Circle a little credit. It looks early on that there moving in the right direction. Critisize if you need to after the draft. :nana:

My hope is that after Ralph made the coaching decision (which Brandon reportedly disagreed with) he turned around to Brandon and said "OK, here are the keys to the car, it's all yours." and he starts working like a man possessed trying to turn this thing around. He could just figure that if they win, great, he succeeded but if they lose he can blame it on Jauron and bring in his own guy. Of course, all this dependent on the fact that he does, in fact, know what he's doing.

I have to say that I DO have more confidence now.

I was expecting them to hang on to these clowns forever like that Losman decision which didn't make any sense.

They knew they didn't want Losman yet they had him play out the contract when they could have been developing a backup or could have signed someone like Garcia.

I think what we are seeing is Jauron asserting his opinion and overriding Guy and Modrak.

Maybe that is why Modrak was making those comments in the paper last week.

Give the Inner Circle a little credit. It looks early on that there moving in the right direction. Critisize if you need to after the draft. :nana:

Where shall we give credit? To these flunkies: Jeff Littman, Dick Jauron, Jim Overdorf, and John Guy? None of them are NFL success stories, yet all hold significant sway over who Buffalo grabs in UFA.

I'll be optimistic when the entire front office gets the nuclear treatment. Until that time, nothing will change.

Where shall we give credit? To these flunkies: Jeff Littman, Dick Jauron, Jim Overdorf, and John Guy? None of them are NFL success stories, yet all hold significant sway over who Buffalo grabs in UFA.

I'll be optimistic when the entire front office gets the nuclear treatment. Until that time, nothing will change.

Right I see no reason to give them credit.

My hope is that after Ralph made the coaching decision (which Brandon reportedly disagreed with) he turned around to Brandon and said "OK, here are the keys to the car, it's all yours." and he starts working like a man possessed trying to turn this thing around. He could just figure that if they win, great, he succeeded but if they lose he can blame it on Jauron and bring in his own guy. Of course, all this dependent on the fact that he does, in fact, know what he's doing.

Ralph will die with the "keys to the car" clutched in his cold, tight fist. Last time he gave someone the keys they crashed it. He feels better driving it himself at 15 mph with the blinker on.