Don't Be Surprised if the Bills Take...................

H2o

Kirwain and Ryan didn't think the Jenkins hurt his draft position at the combine. They said he has good size and is good at engaging the wr at the line of scrimage. They also discussed his quicness as shown by his short shuttle time, which was one of the fastest at the combine. Both Kirwain and Ryan thought he was going to be a very good cb.

All of this said, I don't think the bills should draft him. The top teams in the nfl don't draft cbs in the 1st. The Patriots really needed a cb last year but decided to draft Mayo. How many cbs have the Steelers drafted in the 1st? How about the Colts? I'm not saying the cb position is not important. The Patriots and Colts at one time or another have invested major money on cbs. My point is, the cb position is one that can be addressed later in the draft. The 1st round is for play makers and talented big men.

Indy just did a few years ago with Jackson. And Pats drafted a DB 2 years ago in merriweather.

There goes that theory AKC. Wanna go back to why you need to draft only Dlinemen in the first round but only if they are quality first rounders.

Would rather have a pass rusher so that McKelvin and co. could intercept a few since they wouldn't have to cover a guy for 6-7 seconds.

Say it aint so. Another first round pick on a DB from OSU. I don't think I could handle another year of DJ, wasted time outs, and other obvious team needs along with a first round DB pick from OSU. Just shoot me now! :blink:

Jenkins is a nasty tackler and well coached. He doesnt have robocop potential or anything, and i have the feeling he looked better on Ohio States excellent defense, but he is a solid player. If we could get him cheap i wouldnt mind. If our front office made a new years resolution to get rid of simpson and his millions it wouldnt trouble me.

Jenkins is a nasty tackler and well coached. He doesnt have robocop potential or anything, and i have the feeling he looked better on Ohio States excellent defense, but he is a solid player. If we could get him cheap i wouldnt mind. If our front office made a new years resolution to get rid of simpson and his millions it wouldnt trouble me.

:blink: Get him cheap? He's not a FA, he's a player in the NFL draft. More than likely, that draft slot will command between $4-5 million a year and about $14 million in guaranteed money probably as things tend to usually escalate from year to year. Is that cheap enough?