Paul Pozluszny's Combine Numbers

See Okoye, Christian. Word, Barry.

Nice try.

So I will go ahead and mark you down as someone who thinks PP is as good as Conlan.

In my view, Shane Conlan was an impact player -- while PP has been anything but.

I really hope that he turns it around though. I would love to see him stuff some holes and stop running around blockers leaving gaping holes for the opposing team's rbs. That would be a nice start.

Nice try.

So I will go ahead and mark you down as someone who thinks PP is as good as Conlan.

In my view, Shane Conlan was an impact player -- while PP has been anything but.

I really hope that he turns it around though. I would love to see him stuff some holes and stop running around blockers leaving gaping holes for the opposing team's rbs. That would be a nice start.

If PP was running with the same talent level Conlan was during his tenure I am sure he would easily have a bigger impact. I don't recall Conlan being the game changing, bone crushing, playmaker of that D either. Loved Conlan - but Poz is no slouch in comparison...

Nice try.

Well as the original poster (hey, that's me!) said:

"...he (Poz) wasn't exactly surrounded by premium talent."

Conlan was...certainly much more so than Poz.

Well as the original poster (hey, that's me!) said:

"...he (Poz) wasn't exactly surrounded by premium talent."

Conlan was...certainly much more so than Poz.

If you guys really believe that PP is as good as Conlan, go ahead and believe that.

I think that you guys are foolish to believe that, but that is my two cents. I also hope that PP improves. As I mentioned earlier, I have not given up on him. Yet, I do believe that that he has a lot to prove this year.

By the way, the other LB I mentioned was Patrick Willis. I seriously hope that none of you think that PP has been as good as Willis.

Nice try.

You clearly didn't read my earlier post - I'm not convinced Poz will ever be more than a solid contributor.

Your memory is fading. Conlan was a very good player for a couple of years, but his stick legs limited his ability to take on monster backs and linemen.

If you guys really believe that PP is as good as Conlan, go ahead and believe that.

I think that you guys are foolish to believe that, but that is my two cents. I also hope that PP improves. As I mentioned earlier, I have not given up on him. Yet, I do believe that that he has a lot to prove this year.

By the way, the other LB I mentioned was Patrick Willis. I seriously hope that none of you think that PP has been as good as Willis.

Peter:

Poz selected 39th overall

Conlan selected 8th overall

Willis selected 11th overall

I guess you must actually think Poz is pretty good to be comparing him to those guys.

You clearly didn't read my earlier post - I'm not convinced Poz will ever be more than a solid contributor.

Your memory is fading. Conlan was a very good player for a couple of years, but his stick legs limited his ability to take on monster backs and linemen.

My wife is always telling me that I forget the things that she says she has told me.

The thing that I recall about Conlan that I liked was that he could fill a hole and take on blockers. That quality is what I see missing in PP.

I was very excited about getting him back healthy. I thought that he would have a great year. I also remember reading articles about how pumped up he was etc.

Then, in that meaningless preseason game, I saw him get run over by Portis at the goal line. I was amazed that Portis (of all people) seemed to want to score a TD in a meaningless game more than the guy who had everything to prove wanted anything to do with stopping him. This had nothing to do with surrounding talent etc. This had everything to do with desire. This was man on man - LB against RB - just like the drills we used to do in practice. That is when I started to get concerned and noticed during the season that he had a habit of trying to run around blockers.

I think that you guys are foolish to believe that, but that is my two cents.

I was answering to the comment " At this stage in his career, he certainly is no Patrick Willis or Shane Conlan (the guy he is most often compared to). "

So simply I am saying at this point of Conlan's career -- comparing as essentially rookie years -- he is comparable to Conlan.

But it's his football intelligence and passion that teams loved. At the end of his Bills' career he will be a much beloved player.

Let's hope you are correct - he has not been the impact player I would have hoped for when he was drafted. At the same time last year was effectively his rookie season so let's hope he takes a big step forward this year.

My wife is always telling me that I forget the things that she says she has told me.

The thing that I recall about Conlan that I liked was that he could fill a hole and take on blockers. That quality is what I see missing in PP.

I was very excited about getting him back healthy. I thought that he would have a great year. I also remember reading articles about how pumped up he was etc.

Then, in that meaningless preseason game, I saw him get run over by Portis at the goal line. I was amazed that Portis (of all people) seemed to want to score a TD in a meaningless game more than the guy who had everything to prove wanted anything to do with stopping him. This had nothing to do with surrounding talent etc. This had everything to do with desire. This was man on man - LB against RB - just like the drills we used to do in practice. That is when I started to get concerned and noticed during the season that he had a habit of trying to run around blockers.

I don't disagree with your assessment of Poz. The linebacker position is one where athleticism and desire can take you far. Conlan played like a battering ram (his intensity was never in question - watch the beating the Chiefs put on him on the Monday night game. He didn't back down even as Okoye and Word blasted him backward.) until he broke down. Thus far, Poz plays like a finesse player. At least he looks like a superhero.

How many of Conlan's tackles were five to ten yards down field.

Conlan also did not have a habit of getting run over by anyone or of runnin around blockers and not filling holes.

We can only hope that PP becomes the type of LB that Conlan was. I really hope that he does.

Shane Conlan was one of the most overated players in Bills history, right up there with Ruben.

Poz was the only one on the team this year that consistantly tackled. Everytime you looked over it was Poz buried in a pile of defenders who jumped on him after he made the tackle. I think he was our best defensive player this year.

I agree 100%... I think Poz takes way too much heat on this site. He is learning and will be a huge part of our defense the next few years.

I think Poz played well considering it was his first full year. He was solid. Not spectacular, but just solid. Tackles well, has a nose to be around the ball, and unlike Fletcher he made tackles around the line of scrimmage. He wasn't too much of a play maker for us, but it was his first full season. I have to believe that he will show more in his second full year. There is a big difference for many players that enter their full second years.