A good veteran QB

K-Gun10

QB Frerotte could be available

By Chris Brown - Posted February 23rd, 2009

With the report out that a trade is imminent between Houston and Minnesota, which would ship QB Sage Rosenfels to the Vikings, one would have to think that Gus Frerotte could be released.

Frerotte would be a good fit as a veteran backup in Buffalo. Two members of Buffalo’s organization said at the NFL Combine that a veteran QB would be a preference as a backup to starter Trent Edwards.

Tags: Gus Frerotte, Sage Rosenfels

Gus could teach Edwards many things.

Namely, not to headbutt concrete walls.

I'm in the camp of people that want buffalo to bring in competition for the #1 spot, not some washed up never-was to back up edwards and be an emergency starter the 3+ games that edwards misses a year.

Wow. Gus Frerotte at 38 years old. The Dolphins left the guy at the altar, figuring he was shot, 4 years ago.

He was shot 4yrs ago. But I guess if a guy like Losman with all his shortcomings can stick around in the league for 5yrs anything is possible at the qb position in the NFL.

I wouldn't waste a lot of thought time or money on a backup. They are all there, all mediocre at best and not going to make much if any difference on our season. Hamdan is as fine as anyone.

If we really wanted to make an improvement we'd have gone for Kerry Collins, Warner, Garcia or maybe McNabb. Once you decide to go with Trent, have Hamdan who gives a rat's ass who you get as a backup?