We Didn't Lose Our Starter Yesterday

Mark VI

If we had lost Jennings with the big injury, I would have been thinking " Boy , I hope Marcus Price is healed and ready to start ". Losman is a tough blow but isn't going to cost us any games, since he was ticketed for clipboard duty and learning from Clements and Wyche. I didn't foresee a quick hook of Bledsoe from this coaching staff. Since Sam sits up in the press box for games, it would be wise to sit Losman right next to him and let him learn the offense. Probably find a Vet before the opener.

Meanwhile, I've seen improvement in Bledsoes game this summer. Still see the occasional pat of the ball but that's hypercritical . The accuracy and quality throws are hard to ignore. In the practices and 2 games I've witnessed, I've walked away encouraged. I'm well aware of his history and habits and never hesitated to rip him last season. Still, if the Bills stick to the run and quick pass, his mistakes are cut down drastically. So far, the coaching staff has stuck to their guns and that's a good thing. Seeing improvement in our O Line against the Titans just adds to my confidence.

Let's see. Bledsoe looks more confident and sharper. The O Line is slowly improving and giving Bledsoe a pocket. Moulds and Josh Reed look sharp. Solid at RB. TE's are OK. Lindell looks better. The Coaching seems MUCH better. The Defense still looks pretty good. The Special teams looks tons better. No starters with major injuries as of now.

I guess I'm just one of those Optimistic fans who sees the glass more than half full. Silly me. :flirt::unsure:

Lets get through these next 2 practice games healthy and ready ourselves for Jacksonville.

GO BILLS !

I agree. While it will delay JP's development, it's not the worse thing in the world. He can still learn the head-part of the game while he's rehabing, and be ready to take some snaps again in a couple of months.

Meanwhile, the question is...do we go after a veteran backup? Who the hell is out there? Pickings are sure slim.

I just don't think we need a veteran back-up at all until either Bledsoe or Travis Brown goes down. JP is going to miss half the season, not the whole season. Drew is extremely durable. We have gone with two quarterbacks a lot over the last few years and we can keep Zolman on the practice squad.

I agree with you, Mark. This has no effect on our season. About the only thing it does to our team we will field is give more reps to Travis, who would be losing some to JP.

Losman showed great promise in training camp and the two preseason games which he played. Losman displayed the great scrambling abilities that the Bills have lacked since Doug Flutie. In the two preseason games, Losman hit 9 of 11 passes for 78 yards and scrambled seven times for 80 yards.

Vincent committed the cardinal sin of hitting Losman on the tail end of the rookie quarterback's run around right end. It was claimed to be an accident, but the quarterbacks wear red jerseys and the defense is not to make contact with them at ANY time. Because Vincent is a veteran and is expected to make a huge contribution to the defense, he probably won't be fined by Bills coach Mike Mularkey. However, if this were Bill Parcell's team, Vincent would have been given a one-way ticket out of Buffalo.

While Losman is a rookie and probably wouldn't start any games this season, the loss is huge for the Bills. On WGR Sports radio, they are calling it a disaster for the Bills. Two of the 3 sports talk hosts have rated it a 10 in severity to the team in a 1-10 rating system.

Losman will lose valuable playing time in preseason and possibility of getting into some regular season games. However, the loss of Losman doesn't immediately impact the team that much. However, for the future of Losman, it sets him back at least one year. While some can compare his injury to that which Michael Vick suffered last season in which the Falcons scrambling QB was able to return late in the season, it is doubtful that the Bills will keep him on their active roster. The Bills say the injury will put Losman on the shelf from 8-12 weeks. They may put him on injured reserve where they could bring him back at the end of the season, similar to what they did with Willis McGahee last year. Or they could write this season off completely for the rookie and concentrate on getting him healthy for next season, which would then become yet another rookie year for Losman.

Vick made a remarkable recovery last year, coming back the first week in December after breaking his leg in preseason. After missing 11 with a broken leg, Vick came back with a vengeance, rambling for 141 yards in his first game back. However, the Falcons were dependent on Vick coming back as he was their No. 1 star. Losman is not the starter and it is doubtful that he would have won the job. However, he does lose a lot of valuable practice time and fill in roles this season.

Losman was definitely the answer to Bledsoe's immobility and was employed as a new offensive weapon in his two appearances. Now, all that is over in one quick misguided hit by Troy Vincent.

Losman showed great promise in training camp and the two preseason games which he played. Losman displayed the great scrambling abilities that the Bills have lacked since Doug Flutie. In the two preseason games, Losman hit 9 of 11 passes for 78 yards and scrambled seven times for 80 yards.

Vincent committed the cardinal sin of hitting Losman on the tail end of the rookie quarterback's run around right end. It was claimed to be an accident, but the quarterbacks wear red jerseys and the defense is not to make contact with them at ANY time. Because Vincent is a veteran and is expected to make a huge contribution to the defense, he probably won't be fined by Bills coach Mike Mularkey. However, if this were Bill Parcell's team, Vincent would have been given a one-way ticket out of Buffalo.

While Losman is a rookie and probably wouldn't start any games this season, the loss is huge for the Bills. On WGR Sports radio, they are calling it a disaster for the Bills. Two of the 3 sports talk hosts have rated it a 10 in severity to the team in a 1-10 rating system.

Losman will lose valuable playing time in preseason and possibility of getting into some regular season games. However, the loss of Losman doesn't immediately impact the team that much. However, for the future of Losman, it sets him back at least one year. While some can compare his injury to that which Michael Vick suffered last season in which the Falcons scrambling QB was able to return late in the season, it is doubtful that the Bills will keep him on their active roster. The Bills say the injury will put Losman on the shelf from 8-12 weeks. They may put him on injured reserve where they could bring him back at the end of the season, similar to what they did with Willis McGahee last year. Or they could write this season off completely for the rookie and concentrate on getting him healthy for next season, which would then become yet another rookie year for Losman.

Vick made a remarkable recovery last year, coming back the first week in December after breaking his leg in preseason. After missing 11 with a broken leg, Vick came back with a vengeance,  rambling for 141 yards in his first game back. However, the Falcons were dependent on Vick coming back as he was their No. 1 star. Losman is not the starter and it is doubtful that he would have won the job. However, he does lose a lot of valuable practice time and fill in roles this season.

Losman was definitely the answer to Bledsoe's immobility and was employed as a new offensive weapon in his two appearances. Now, all that is over in one quick misguided hit by Troy Vincent.

7027[/snapback]

Don't know where to start with that. This has zero effect on the Bills. Losman was not going to play this year. He's third on the depth chart. If he is out two months that means he misses 7 of 16 (and hopefully more) games. He can still have a complete rookie season.

The ONLY one who has claimed this was a misguided hit has been WGR. The Bills didnt, the fans who saw it didn't, Losman didn't, Vincent didn't, the national and local press didn't. If you want to believe this is a disaster for the Bills because WGR talk show hosts said it was, then this is the 8th disaster already this off season. The Bills have zero chance of scoring one point this season according to them.

There is also zero chance that Bill Parcells would cut Troy Vincent after what 99% of the people that saw the play said it wasn't intentional and wasn't TV's fault. In fact, I listened to WGR's reporter yesterday, Paul Hamilton, the only one from GR who saw the play, and his report made ZERO sense. He said that TV barrelled his shoulder into JP with a hard hit (smething NO ONE else had said) and THEN said that Vincent didn't even know that JP fell, and walked back to the huddle. It wasn't until later that TV realized that JP was down and hurt and then went over to him. And Hamilton said that he believed TV was telling him the truth. Is that even possible? A CB drives his shoulder into a quarterback hard, and doesn't know that he falls? That's some top notch reporting. Hamilton also says he believes TV that the shot was not intentional. Again, the guy from GR who saw the play.

Guest Guest_eyedog-1_*

Thats not what Paul Hamiliton had to say this morning at approx 8:15 am. He said he was standing 10' away from the play and in his opinion TV was definitely trying to hit him, although not trying to "hurt him". His said the shoulder pads were not brushing as has been stated but was a solid hit.

The point is TV knows better and shouldn't have hit him and I'm convinced if TV was a thrid string free agent he would not longer be on this team today. Like Oliver Gibson after his fights with Tucker.

Thats not what Paul Hamiliton had to say this morning at approx 8:15 am. He said he was standing 10' away from the play and in his opinion TV was definitely trying to hit him, although not trying to "hurt him". His said the shoulder pads were not brushing as has been stated but was a solid hit.

The point is TV knows better and shouldn't have hit him and I'm convinced if TV was a thrid string free agent he would not longer be on this team today. Like Oliver Gibson after his fights with Tucker.

7102[/snapback]

So how does he explain that it was an intentional solid hit, shoulder pad to shoulder pad, straight on, but that (in Hamilton's) own words, Vincent did not even know that Losman went down?

In the 30 seconds of WGR I listened to this morning before turning off in disgust, they are trying to "forward the hypothesis" that Vincent hit Losman on purpose to teach the "cocky kid" a lesson. :flirt:

The season's not over. Heck, it hasn't started. If the defense can, at the very least, pick up where it left off last season, we won't need pyrotechnics from the offense. Time-consuming, ground-pounding drives and 20 points will be enough to take us very far.

I agree Mark wholeheartedly.

Mostly, I feel sorry for the kid since these were the only games he would be playing in this year.

This injury has a VERY high likelihood of full recovery.

Your idea to have him sit next to Wyche in the control room is intriguing

The impact on the Bills this year is likely zero.

Now, go out and injure BRADY Troy...(make yourself useful) :flirt:

-RnJ

Guest Guesteroo

You guys are amazing! A number 1 draft pick goes down with a broken leg, and you're trying to put a ridiculous positive spin on it. The fact is that Losman IS the QB of the future (what may have been by mid season) and now his rookie year is going to be a total wash out. This delays his progress almost a year. He can't practice or mop up for what has clearly been the same horrendous Drew as last year.

Now, we're stuck with Drew for entire games, no matter how bad. . . and we all remember last year just how bad it can get.

There cannot be a positive to have a #1 draft pick go down with a broken leg. Some of you are living in a fantasy world and have lost touch with reality. This is an 8-8 team at best.

You guys are amazing! A number 1 draft pick goes down with a broken leg, and you're trying to put a ridiculous positive spin on it. The fact is that Losman IS the QB of the future (what may have been by mid season) and now his rookie year is going to be a total wash out. This delays his progress almost a year. He can't practice or mop up for what has clearly been the same horrendous Drew as last year.

Now, we're stuck with Drew for entire games, no matter how bad. . . and we all remember last year just how bad it can get.

There cannot be a positive to have a #1 draft pick go down with a broken leg. Some of you are living in a fantasy world and have lost touch with reality. This is an 8-8 team at best.

7235[/snapback]

Thank God you came along to set us straight.

7235[/snapback]

There's never a positive when someone gets hurt on any team, not just the Bills. But the point is that Losman has absolutely no effect on the outcome of this season. Its not like the Vick situation in Atlanta last year where his injury just devestated the season for the Falcons. Vick is coming back strong this year with basically the same injury.

There is more to being a QB than the physical side. He can prepare mentally while he is out. Study the playbook, films, etc. By no means is this a season destroying injury for the Bills. The only thing it effects are JP's reps in practice.

I'm bummed but some people just need to get real. You're worried about the Bills of 2005 and 2006 before they have even stepped on the field in 04.

BTW Mark, I completely agree with you.

Geez, you'd think that WGR was saying that TV was the second shooter from the grassy nole. IMO, it happened, it's done and over with, unfortunate as it may be. But give it a rest. JP will still have a salvagable season. He's smart and resiliant. From what I seen of this offense and DB, we're not "billsfanone" and the "sky isn't falling". What a bunch of nervous nellies. :D Relax folks. Bring on the season...let's roll. <_<

If we had lost Jennings with the big injury, I would have been thinking " Boy , I hope Marcus Price is healed and ready to start ".  Losman is a tough blow but isn't going to cost us any games, since he was ticketed for clipboard duty and learning from Clements and Wyche. I didn't foresee a quick hook of Bledsoe from this coaching staff. Since Sam sits up in the press box for games, it would be wise to sit Losman right next to him and let him learn the offense. Probably find a Vet before the opener.

Meanwhile, I've seen improvement in Bledsoes game this summer. Still see the occasional pat of the ball but that's hypercritical . The accuracy and quality throws are hard to ignore. In the practices and 2 games I've witnessed, I've walked away encouraged. I'm well aware of his history and habits and never hesitated to rip him last season. Still, if the Bills stick to the run and quick pass, his mistakes are cut down drastically. So far, the coaching staff has stuck to their guns and that's a good thing. Seeing improvement in our O Line against the Titans just adds to my confidence.

Let's see. Bledsoe looks more confident and sharper. The O Line is slowly improving and giving Bledsoe a pocket. Moulds and Josh Reed look sharp. Solid at RB. TE's are OK. Lindell looks better. The Coaching seems MUCH better. The Defense still looks pretty good. The Special teams looks tons better. No starters with major injuries as of now.

I guess I'm just one of those Optimistic fans who sees the glass more than half full. Silly me.  <_<  :D

Lets get through these next 2 practice games healthy and ready ourselves for Jacksonville.

GO BILLS !

6982[/snapback]

You, sir, clearly do not have enough negative energy in your life. I recommend it. Look at all of the clear benefits of healthy negativity, it's evident all over this board. I think I have a prescription for it here somewhere, if you're interested....

I'm not terrabily upset about losman being out ,but it was my hope starting with this season he would get more expirence than holding a clip board on the sidelines to hopefully give him a little more playing time to properly evalute him and his abilitys to evenuatly become a starter.I just dont want it to be 2 year from now and coach mularky say jp,s a head case another good college player who couldnt make it in the nfl.and then were back we we started.