Anybody remember Curtis Brown?

I was working at a show at a rock club in St. Louis, and I was introduced to one of the head security guys....Curtis Brown. I heard he was the guy who used to play for the Bills, so I asked him about it. I said, "Didn't you return a kick for a TD?"

"Yep," he said. "102 yards?" "Yes sir." "You still a fan?" "Yep, once a Bill, always a Bill."

I have no idea how I remembered that 102 yard kickoff return, but I just looked it up, and it's true.

What a small world, eh? He's 54, doesn't look a day over 40.

I was working at a show at a rock club in St. Louis, and I was introduced to one of the head security guys....Curtis Brown. I heard he was the guy who used to play for the Bills, so I asked him about it. I said, "Didn't you return a kick for a TD?"

"Yep," he said. "102 yards?" "Yes sir." "You still a fan?" "Yep, once a Bill, always a Bill."

I have no idea how I remembered that 102 yard kickoff return, but I just looked it up, and it's true.

yea i sure do and he was a sure a good player

I think a bad knee injury ended his career

Curtis and Terry Miller kind of filled the running back void for the Bills, between superstars OJ Simpson and Joe Cribbs. Both guys were decent football players. Curtis was the more versatile one, if I recall. He had a couple 500 yard rushing, 200-300 yard receiving seasons for the Bills, when Chuck Knox was there. He did get injured, as I recall, and ended up playing for the Oilers. I met him a couple years ago at a Bills alumni function. Good guy, it seemed to me.

I have a particular affinity for those late 70's, early 80's Bills teams. I was 13 when the "Knox era" began in Buffalo, and it was the first time in my life, when the Bills seemed like an upper echelon team. Curtis was a big part of that.

Curtis Brown:

I can't view YouTube at work....so I don't know if this is the clip.... -

Wasn't Curtis Brown the guy that returned a kick for a TD, then pulled a ref's yellow flag out of his pants, threw it on the ground and spiked the football on it? Or was that Keith Moody?

Whoever it was.....oh my... that was awesome! Terrell Owens before Terrell Owens.

Curtis and Terry Miller kind of filled the running back void for the Bills, between superstars OJ Simpson and Joe Cribbs. Both guys were decent football players. Curtis was the more versatile one, if I recall. He had a couple 500 yard rushing, 200-300 yard receiving seasons for the Bills, when Chuck Knox was there. He did get injured, as I recall, and ended up playing for the Oilers. I met him a couple years ago at a Bills alumni function. Good guy, it seemed to me.

I have a particular affinity for those late 70's, early 80's Bills teams. I was 13 when the "Knox era" began in Buffalo, and it was the first time in my life, when the Bills seemed like an upper echelon team. Curtis was a big part of that.

Same here. I was 13 when Knox came to Buffalo.

The 1980 Bills are still my all time favorite Bills.

Yeah, he was very versatile......Didn't he do a stint with the Sabres as well?

I LOVED Curtis Brown. What a tough runner with a great motor:):doh:---a REAL great motor.

that was a great team....did you see all the 1980 bills games on youtube? i found a couple i attended...good times..

I loved that team. Best characters,,gritty,,,kinda troublemakerlike--with Villapiano,isaiah Roberts.... was in college at that time.

Good running back who could catch the ball. I think it was against the Steelers at home in 1980, Brown ran the ball in for about a 10 yard TD, but the Bills were called for holding or offsides, no TD. Fegie called the exact same play from either 5 yards or 10 yards further out, and Brown ran in it again, this time no penalty. Remember the Steelers were the defending SB champs that year, and the Bills owned them that game. Yeah, 1980 was an awesome year for the Bills.

Cool.