An end to the myth..."QB is not the problem"

Alphadawg7

Dick Jauron is supposed to win the same way belicheat wins with a QB who hasn't played since HS and a 4th stringer at RB. Its his job to FIND A WAY to win, not to go through the motions. I would venture out to say that a lot of our starters would be studs on other teams. Look at Andre Davis, Jim leahnord, pat williams etc

Good Point. There is only one thing left to say................................WE'RE DOOMED ;)

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No offense, but I am so sick of this stat about his wins...A lot of those wins were INSPITE of TE, not because of TE...The guy has only 3 games, yes just a measly 3 games with MORE than 1 TD pass...he isnt going out and "winning" games for us. He also has passed for less than a measly 200 yards in 11 of his 23 full games...thats just about 50%...he has more games with ZERO TD's than he does with more than 1...

Your sick of the win stat. How selective of you. That stat no good because it goes against what I think.....this stat good because it backs up my thoughts.

FWIW.....

Troy Aikman had only 3 games, yes a measly 3 games with MORE than 1 TD pass(in his first 23 starts). He also had passed for less than a measly 200 yards in 14 of his 23 full games...thats over 60%...he had more games with ZERO TD's than he did with more than 1...

What does this prove??? Nothing. I'm really not sure what you are trying to prove with all your attempts at showing stats. You can't prove a player will or won't be good based upon stats from early in their careers.

"winning games for us"? Most would class come from behind victories as winning games.....even if the player played average/poor earlier in the game.

Your sick of the win stat. How selective of you. That stat no good because it goes against what I think.....this stat good because it backs up my thoughts.

FWIW.....

Troy Aikman had only 3 games, yes a measly 3 games with MORE than 1 TD pass(in his first 23 starts). He also had passed for less than a measly 200 yards in 14 of his 23 full games...thats over 60%...he had more games with ZERO TD's than he did with more than 1...

What does this prove??? Nothing. I'm really.not sure what you are trying to prove with all your attempts at showing stats. You can't prove a player will or won't be good based upon stats from early in their careers.

"winning games for us"? Most would class come from behind victories as winning games.....even if the player played average/poor earlier in the game.

very good example of Aikman. Based on Some people's view, they should of dumped Troy Aikman. That would of been a great decision :P

I got another one for you. Drew Brees in his first 27 games had a qb rating of under 70, he had a 10-17 record, and 27 touchdowns and 31 Int, he also averaged just over 6 yards per attempt with less than a %59 completion rate. I'm sure geniuses on this board would of wanted to get rid of him too. :wallbash:

Another Example Phil Simms

First 25 games he threw for 28 td's 33 ints. Less than a %50 completion rate. He had just over 6 yards per attempt average, sacked 75 times, QB rating of 63, with an 8-17 record.

Eli Manning stats, 64 qb rating in first 25 games, less than a %50 completion average, 6.1 yards per attempt average, 41 sacks allowed, 30td's 26 ints,

Steve Youngs stats in his first 20 games, 11td's 21 ints, %53 completion average, 60 qb rating, big time losing record, 68 sacks.

Let's take a look at Trent Edwards first 24 games, he has a winning record on a losing team (and I don't care what anyone says, there is no asterisks on what is considered a winning team or losing team, a win is a win and it counts the same),he has an 80 career qb rating, he has 18 td's and 18 int's, %62 completion average, only 35 sacks allowed in 24 games, a 6.7 yards per attempt average.

All I am saying is that the people on this message board that are criticizing him are criticizing Trent Heavily based on less than 24 games. There is no doubt that he has shown more promise than any of these other qb's did in their first 20 some odd games.

And let's not try to say that those teams weren't good teams and that's why they lost so many games or had poor stats. Helloooooo Look at us, we've got lots of holes to plug before we become a good team.

For a player that was thrust into the starting qb role in his rookie year on a very mediocre team, those stats are very respectable.

Also take into consideration, I didn't cherry pick stats.