wow...has the NFL ever become a pansy league...

Big Turk

I was watching highlights of the 80's and 90's defensive players and forgot just how brutal the game was back then. When they hit the QB, they really hit him and they hit him with a ferocity that I haven't seen in a long time. LT, Kevin Green, Bruce, Reggie White, Derrick Thomas...it is a shame that players are so afraid of putting a big hit on the QB these days because they get fined for blowing on them...

I was watching highlights of the 80's and 90's defensive players and forgot just how brutal the game was back then. When they hit the QB, they really hit him and they hit him with a ferocity that I haven't seen in a long time. LT, Kevin Green, Bruce, Reggie White, Derrick Thomas...it is a shame that players are so afraid of putting a big hit on the QB these days because they get fined for blowing on them...

Yep Pansy.... However, You do understand that 2 of the players you mentioned are now dead right? Also what you watched was a higlight film and not an every down thing...

Yep Pansy.... However, You do understand that 2 of the players you mentioned are now dead right? Also what you watched was a higlight film and not an every down thing...

I think if any of us had the chance to watch the game down at ground level and close to the action we would really see how hard these guys hit and what a violent game it is.

I think if any of us had the chance to watch the game down at ground level and close to the action we would really see how hard these guys hit and what a violent game it is.

I think I was watching some educational type program where they equated the hit to driving your car into your garage door at 30 miles an hour or getting hit with a baseball bat with a phone book as protection. Something nuts like that.