Justin Bannan, offensive guard

JStranger76

I wonder if he will continue to get some reps at LG. I am happy that the coaches are at least trying new things. He may not be the long term answer, but with more experience you never know. In another post I said it is going to be very difficult to upgrade this line so I am all for trying out some experiments here ande there.

I wonder if he will continue to get some reps at LG. I am happy that the coaches are at least trying new things. He may not be the long term answer, but with more experience you never know. In another post I said it is going to be very difficult to upgrade this line so I am all for trying out some experiments here ande there.

93476[/snapback]

How about Sam Adams on the goaline for the last TD? Movin' some meat!

PTR

i was very pleasantly surprised to see justin in at offensive guard,also to see sam adams lining up at tight end!this seemed like the marv levy days where they would design plays for the personal at hand.what a concept!can you imagine greg williams doing stuff like this go bills!

Whatever it takes man! A nice example of the new coaches not being bullheaded about their system. The coaching is better, it just doesn't show it in the teams record.

93490[/snapback]

actually it does ,remember this is a rookie head coach,i bet mularky and the record gets better as the year goes on.as mularky sees how players respond to pressure and as mike gains expierience so go the bills! go bills

Agreed Rico. We should probably extend Edwards and convert Bannan full time. Edwards is a good 3rd down DT in obvious passing situations. I thought he was making strides in this area last year before he tore his rotator cup. I don't think it's only that he is playing for a contract. He was already making strides before his injury.

Agreed Rico. We should probably extend Edwards and convert Bannan full time. Edwards is a good 3rd down DT in obvious passing situations. I thought he was making strides in this area last year before he tore his rotator cup. I don't think it's only that he is playing for a contract. He was already making strides before his injury.

93619[/snapback]

Edwards' contract has already been extended. Happened a few weeks back, before his elevated play of late.

I thought Bannan looked pretty good pulling on the run...

with all the players ahead of him at DT,

I say he should be converted permanently.

93562[/snapback]

One other thing they ran well with him in and it was always him pulling and running to the right. They willl have to telegraph it less if its going to become a successful thing. At first we thought ref was nuts on false start penalty number 97 but than saw him trotting off the field.

Bellichick does this QUITE often for the Pats. W/ Seymour, T. Johnson, Bruschi, Klecko.... It's using simple leverage and big bodies. DTs/LBs are used to pushing forward so why not use that to your advantage on offense?

Can also work to confuse the other team. Keep mixing it up, guys! (Altho the best substitution would be JP for Drew starting in the Rams game....).