WTF Is Wrong with This Team?

Stl Bills

Look I don't mean to post another doom and gloom type post nor am I one of these guys who thinks we shoiuld sign every "name" FA who has a good Madden rating but I got to get some sh*t off my chest about this joke of an NFL Franchise that I've called my favorite team in sports for the last 20 years since I was 5 years old.

The thing that is so damn frustrating about this organization is that we have so much damn money tied up in guys like Dockery and Kelsay who are average at best.......those are two major f-ck ups for a small market team. We might be under the cap but that doesn't mean RW is going to get out the old check book, if you're a small market team like the Bills its no secrect you have to spend your money wisely. The Kelsay and Dockery contracts are the exact oposite of this; if you can't spend money like the Cowboys...fine, but at least make the damn money you do spend count by using it to bring in above average coaches and players. I mean if you can only afford a few big contracts on the books you better make them count. I hate to be one of those guys who says "I could run this team better" but I'm actually starting to think it might be true. I mean there are so many things that are starting to piss me off about this organization.....The Jauron situation, C. Kelsay, Derrick Dockery, the o-line blocking scheme, the entire defensive scheme, the lack of a TE over the last decade (I mean who hasn't been able to see that we've been desperately needing a capable receiving TE for this damn long). Hell it took 5 years for them to realize we could use a damn WR over 5'11 in the red-zone. Remember the offseason when we started out by signing Peerless Price and Robert Royal....are you f-ing kidding me! JP Losman, D. Whitner (who I like but he wasn't the sure-fire can't miss prospect like Nagta) John McCargo! I can go on and on! Say what you want about Donahoe but at least he seemed to have a little bit of a clue (can't believe I just said that). I think the only move I actually agreed with from the current FO was the Stroud trade. F*CK!

Sorry I know that was a jumbled mess of bitching but I do feel a lot better now. It seems like we just did it but its almost like scrapped and we need to go back to the drawing board again. I just don't know if the Bills can afford to do so.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am almost in complete agreement with you. I do believe Buffalo needs to address that pitiful offense more than anything. They are constantly trading a player for draft picks, why not reverse it. I'd start by trading a 1 and 3 or 4 to Pittsburgh and get Trent a damn good TE in Heath Miller. Apparenly us fans don't matter though.

I am almost in complete agreement with you. I do believe Buffalo needs to address that pitiful offense more than anything. They are constantly trading a player for draft picks, why not reverse it. I'd start by trading a 1 and 3 or 4 to Pittsburgh and get Trent a damn good TE in Heath Miller. Apparenly us fans don't matter though.

I'm not exactly on board with something like that, I didn't mind the trading of Takeo or Willis and no way would I make that deal for Miller bc we have so many other needs. But look at last year, we could have taken a guy like Carlson in Rd 2. I hope the address TE in the first 3 rounds this year.

We need a good coach. If we did this would be a different team. There is talent all over this roster. teams in the NFL with less talent have better records.

I agree and I'm on board with scrapping the Tampa 2, as is the rest of the NFL. There is talent on the Bills Roster, it just sucks we misjudged the market for guys like Kelsay and Dockery and now can't go out and get proven IMPACT guys like a Julius Peppers.

Look I don't mean to post another doom and gloom type post nor am I one of these guys who thinks we shoiuld sign every "name" FA who has a good Madden rating but I got to get some sh*t off my chest about this joke of an NFL Franchise that I've called my favorite team in sports for the last 20 years since I was 5 years old.

The thing that is so damn frustrating about this organization is that we have so much damn money tied up in guys like Dockery and Kelsay who are average at best.......those are two major f-ck ups for a small market team. We might be under the cap but that doesn't mean RW is going to get out the old check book, if you're a small market team like the Bills its no secrect you have to spend your money wisely. The Kelsay and Dockery contracts are the exact oposite of this; if you can't spend money like the Cowboys...fine, but at least make the damn money you do spend count by using it to bring in above average coaches and players. I mean if you can only afford a few big contracts on the books you better make them count. I hate to be one of those guys who says "I could run this team better" but I'm actually starting to think it might be true. I mean there are so many things that are starting to piss me off about this organization.....The Jauron situation, C. Kelsay, Derrick Dockery, the o-line blocking scheme, the entire defensive scheme, the lack of a TE over the last decade (I mean who hasn't been able to see that we've been desperately needing a capable receiving TE for this damn long). Hell it took 5 years for them to realize we could use a damn WR over 5'11 in the red-zone. Remember the offseason when we started out by signing Peerless Price and Robert Royal....are you f-ing kidding me! JP Losman, D. Whitner (who I like but he wasn't the sure-fire can't miss prospect like Nagta) John McCargo! I can go on and on! Say what you want about Donahoe but at least he seemed to have a little bit of a clue (can't believe I just said that). I think the only move I actually agreed with from the current FO was the Stroud trade. F*CK!

Sorry I know that was a jumbled mess of bitching but I do feel a lot better now. It seems like we just did it but its almost like scrapped and we need to go back to the drawing board again. I just don't know if the Bills can afford to do so.

WTF is wrong with your face?

I think if you check the cap figures Buffalo is in the middle, we have money

That wasn't my point, if you read my post I acknowledge we have money...that doesn't mean that it is money we will actually be spending. My point is that if you are a team in a small market and can't afford to give out money to everybody who comes available (ala Jerry Jones and the Cowboys) then you can't afford to misjudge the value of the players you actually do give big contracts to like Chris Kelsay and Derrick Dockery.

Without those contracts on the books, we would still be able to pursue a proven IMPACT player like a Julius Peppers. Dockery and Kelsay aren't exactly IMPACT players.......they are average at best and grosley overpaid. The Dockery signing doesn't bother me as much as the Kelsay extension because at the time we desperately needed O-Line help but his contract is a little rediculous IMO. As for Kelsay, who has been a Buffalo guy from day one....I'd like to know exactly what the FO saw in him that really warranted the money on the extension.

Look I don't mean to post another doom and gloom type post.....

It seems like we just did it but its almost like scrapped and we need to go back to the drawing board again. I just don't know if the Bills can afford to do so.

A solid, motivational HC, a bona fide pass rush and someone (TE or WR) to take the heat off Evans would do wonders for this team. That's assuming that Edwards returns to being the same QB he was during the early part of the season. The biggest problem IMO is the HC. Good HC's will make the absolute best out of what they've got. They will either design schemes around the player's strengths or get the players necessary for specific schemes. Jauron doesn't seem to be able to do either one effectively.

It is extremely doubtful that Ralph is going to "go back to the drawing board again" at this stage. You may see Jauron gone by mid season if the Bills tank at 1-7 or 2-6. You will undoubtedly see Jauron gone if the Bills end up with another <= .500 season. The $1,000,000 question is, who will (or who will want to be) the replacement? Ralph is unlikely to shell out Cowher type money so it would probably be an AHC, OC or DC who would jump at the chance for a HC job for a fairly low salary.

Other than a FA deal or two and whatever the Bills Brain Trust decides to go after in the draft, I don't think you will see much more activity than that, next season.

This is what makes me laugh... Want to know why the Bills give huge contracts to Kelsay, Dockery, etc.. Because just like their is a salary cap in the NFL... The owners have a minimum number they have to be at. So.. Cheap Ralph HAS to pay some of these guys to comply with the rule.. Get mad at how we spend the money but if you were a free agent where would your destination of choice be? Probably not Buffalo. So Ralph has to overpay current Bills.

http://www.docsports.com/current/nfl-salar...-rules-031.html

"There is also a salary floor - a minimum amount that teams must spend. That currently is at $98.8 million, which is 85.2 percent of the cap. That floor will be increased by 1.2 percent each year until it reaches 90 percent in 2012."

This is what makes me laugh... Want to know why the Bills give huge contracts to Kelsay, Dockery, etc.. Because just like their is a salary cap in the NFL... The owners have a minimum number they have to be at. So.. Cheap Ralph HAS to pay some of these guys to comply with the rule.. Get mad at how we spend the money but if you were a free agent where would your destination of choice be? Probably not Buffalo. So Ralph has to overpay current Bills.

http://www.docsports.com/current/nfl-salar...-rules-031.html

"There is also a salary floor - a minimum amount that teams must spend. That currently is at $98.8 million, which is 85.2 percent of the cap. That floor will be increased by 1.2 percent each year until it reaches 90 percent in 2012."

So what? Dockery was a free agent, he came here because he got paid, as would most. Just because you have spend a certain amount of money doesn't mean you have to spend it like a dumbass. Thats one of the dumbest arguments I've ever heard.