2009 Rookie class

Aaron Curry, Crabtree, Macklin, Harvin, All of the top 4 OT's, Raji, Peria Jerry, Knowshon Moreno, and Beanie Wells. These are the ones that I think will make the largest impact next year.

There appear to be lots of good players. Unlikely future superstars in this draft.

Naturally, as very few of us are scouts it is all tempered with what you have seen, heard and read. That being said here is my list of pros and cons

Awesome:

1. Michael Crabtree- Wr Texas Tech Would be our #1 guy by year two.

2. Rey Maualuga - LB USC If we drafted him, he would IMMEDIATELY be the best defensive player on our roster. Is better than Junior Seau was IMO and I have seen him play mucho.

3. Aaron Curry -LB/DE Wake Forest I have only seen highlights and a couple of games but he looks like the real deal. Wish he had played in a better conference to get a real read.

4. B.J. Raji - DT Boston College I think he would start instantly and make the back seven SOOO much better.

5. And for round 3 , I like Kraig Urbik, an OL from Wisconsin. He looked awfully tough at the SeniorBowl. Haven't seen him in game situations but man he looked good for a guy no one really mentions.

Just say no:

1. Everrette Brown- DE Florida State Played in a pitiful conference and it scares me when guys rise in rankings AFTER the season is over.

2. Aaron Maybin DE Penn State - He played against inferior competition (Sorry BIG 10 guys). I'm prejudice but don't want PSU/OSU in the first round. He may be a good player in a couple of years, however.

3. Michael Johnson- DE Georgia Tech Somebody YOUTUBED him earlier on this site and all I could think was... that's it. Please say NO as he looks like he has no fire in his belly.. at least not for 60 minutes.

4. Phil Loadholt OL Oklahoma - MUCH TOO SLOW to play in the NFL. I really wouldn't want him other than on the goal line.

Just say no:

1. Everrette Brown- DE Florida State Played in a pitiful conference and it scares me when guys rise in rankings AFTER the season is over.

Brown's been one of the Top DEs all season long. He's been a terror for the past 2 seasons at FSU. The onyl reason you dont "see" him in mock drafts and on big board rankings all year long is because he's a junior and people weren't sure if he was going to come out until season's end.

Brown's been one of the Top DEs all season long. He's been a terror for the past 2 seasons at FSU. The onyl reason you dont "see" him in mock drafts and on big board rankings all year long is because he's a junior and people weren't sure if he was going to come out until season's end.

I figured you would respond to this. You obviously have seen him more than I, but man ,FSU pass rushers are kind of like Gator receivers, they don't seem to pan out that well... at least not lately ( there are exceptions of course), but if the Bills take him I hope he is as good as the Draftniks say he is. :D

I figured you would respond to this. You obviously have seen him more than I, but man ,FSU pass rushers are kind of like Gator receivers, they don't seem to pan out that well... at least not lately ( there are exceptions of course), but if the Bills take him I hope he is as good as the Draftniks say he is. :D

There's sometimes a tendency for people to not like players from certain schools because of that school's track record of producing pros. Texas is an example of this because although they produce lots of talented players, the perception is that they coddle their players and as a result the players are not mentally tough enough for the NFL.

Yes Florida State has had a lot of busts at defensive end: Andre Wadsworth, Peter Boulware, Derrick Alexander, Kamerion Wimbley, to name a few. However I think Everette Brown has to be judged on his own merits.

Firstly he appears to be an excellent football player with a "high ceiling." As an added positive intangible, as a junior he has already earned his degree.

Secondly Florida State has produced so many great NFLers: Deion Sanders, Derrick Brooks, Sebastian Janikowski, Walter Jones, Corey Simon, Anquan Boldin, Javon Walker, Warrick Dunn, Laverneus Coles, Brad Johnson, Samari Rolle, just to name a few.

Finally in Buffalo years ago, there was a bias against Oklahoma State players because the Bills drafted three of them in the first round and none of them panned out: Phil Dokes, Reuben Gant, and Terry Miller. Miller made one Pro Bowl I believe. As a group, they were mediocre.

Of course the anti-Oklahoma State bias evaporated after the Hall of Fame career of another Oklahoma State Cowboy/Buffalo Bill, Thurman Thomas.

There's sometimes a tendency for people to not like players from certain schools because of that school's track record of producing pros. Texas is an example of this because although they produce lots of talented players, the perception is that they coddle their players and as a result the players are not mentally tough enough for the NFL.

Yes Florida State has had a lot of busts at defensive end: Andre Wadsworth, Peter Boulware, Derrick Alexander, Kamerion Wimbley, to name a few. However I think Everette Brown has to be judged on his own merits.

Firstly he appears to be an excellent football player with a "high ceiling." As an added positive intangible, as a junior he has already earned his degree.

Secondly Florida State has produced so many great NFLers: Deion Sanders, Derrick Brooks, Sebastian Janikowski, Walter Jones, Corey Simon, Anquan Boldin, Javon Walker, Warrick Dunn, Laverneus Coles, Brad Johnson, Samari Rolle, just to name a few.

Finally in Buffalo years ago, there was a bias against Oklahoma State players because the Bills drafted three of them in the first round and none of them panned out: Phil Dokes, Reuben Gant, and Terry Miller. Miller made one Pro Bowl I believe. As a group, they were mediocre.

Of course the anti-Oklahoma State bias evaporated after the Hall of Fame career of another Oklahoma State Cowboy/Buffalo Bill, Thurman Thomas.

Good points, although I heard no "Anti"Oklahoma St. bias" in 1988, when he was drafted. Also, not many of those mentioned were in recent drafts and Florida St. is a mediocre team in a TERRIBLE conference so that must be factored in to how he will play against REAL competition.

Good points, although I heard no "Anti"Oklahoma St. bias" in 1988, when he was drafted. Also, not many of those mentioned were in recent drafts and Florida St. is a mediocre team in a TERRIBLE conference so that must be factored in to how he will play against REAL competition.

You are obviously trying to drum up a fight about the ACC. I personally could care less about the ACC but your analysis is absurd. Despite being in a slump, the conference still offers "REAL" competition and a standout player shouldn't be downgraded because of it. They aren't the SEC but you make it seem like they are Conference USA.

You are obviously trying to drum up a fight about the ACC. I personally could care less about the ACC but your analysis is absurd. Despite being in a slump, the conference still offers "REAL" competition and a standout player shouldn't be downgraded because of it. They aren't the SEC but you make it seem like they are Conference USA.

My analysis is absurd that he played inferior competition and that should be factored in ? The SEC and BIG 12 are light years ahead of the ACC and BIG 10. They almost don't play the same sport.... not recently, anyway, since the Florida's went in the tank. He might be the best player in the draft (, just saying he didn't play top notch talent every week although those games against Western Carolina and Chattanooga must have taken their toll on them as well.

It should be a factor... if he had the same play/stats against the SEC he would be ranked in the top three

My analysis is absurd that he played inferior competition and that should be factored in ? The SEC and BIG 12 are light years ahead of the ACC and BIG 10. They almost don't play the same sport.... not recently, anyway, since the Florida's went in the tank. He might be the best player in the draft (, just saying he didn't play top notch talent every week although those games against Western Carolina and Chattanooga must have taken their toll on them as well.

It should be a factor... if he had the same play/stats against the SEC he would be ranked in the top three

ACC light years behind the BIG 10? LOL

you obviously havnt been watching to much college football.

Boston College

Virginia Tech

Virginia

North Carolina

Maryland

Georgia Tech

UM

Florida State

Wake Forest

Clemson

all these teams where in the top 25 at one point in the season

top to bottom ACC is definitely more competitive and getting stronger

Your analysis is absurd because you go way overboard in your conference comparisons. Brian Orapko played in the BIG 12 and has had far more hype than Everette Brown, yet he's not a shoe in for first DE off the board. What about BJ Raji, Aaron Curry, Michael Johnson, Larry English, Aaron Maybin, Brian Cushing, Rey Maualuga, Malcolm Jenkins, and Vontae Davis? Are they all down on MOVALLEYRANDY's big board because they don't play in the SEC or BIG 12? Your the first person professional or not, that I've heard put so much stock into a player dropping because he's from the ACC. It's one thing to question a guy from the MAC or Mountain West but you are going above and beyond IMO. Big time football is still played outside your favorite conferences.

ACC light years behind the BIG 10? LOL

you obviously havnt been watching to much college football.

Boston College

Virginia Tech

Virginia

North Carolina

Maryland

Georgia Tech

UM

Florida State

Wake Forest

Clemson

all these teams where in the top 25 at one point in the season

top to bottom ACC is definitely more competitive and getting stronger

I watch plenty of football and do you really want to use Clemson ,Virginia Maryland, Boston College and Miami as solid upper echelon teams ?

Your analysis is absurd because you go way overboard in your conference comparisons. Brian Orapko played in the BIG 12 and has had far more hype than Everette Brown, yet he's not a shoe in for first DE off the board. What about BJ Raji, Aaron Curry, Michael Johnson, Larry English, Aaron Maybin, Brian Cushing, Rey Maualuga, Malcolm Jenkins, and Vontae Davis? Are they all down on MOVALLEYRANDY's big board because they don't play in the SEC or BIG 12? Your the first person professional or not, that I've heard put so much stock into a player dropping because he's from the ACC. It's one thing to question a guy from the MAC or Mountain West but you are going above and beyond IMO. Big time football is still played outside your favorite conferences.

No I wouldn't put the lb's from USC on that list since they used Penn St. and Ohio St.(THE BIG 10's finest) as their bitches.

No I wouldn't put the lb's from USC on that list since they used Penn St. and Ohio St.(THE BIG 10's finest) as their bitches.

I see you are a Pac-10 homer, so case closed. Come draft day I hope the Bills select the best player available and put little stock into your moronic ranking system.

I watch plenty of football and do you really want to use Clemson ,Virginia Maryland, Boston College and Miami as solid upper echelon teams ?

Look, there are solid teams spread out in every conference across the US. The Big 12, Pac 10, and SEC have their weak teams as well. Just because a player comes from another conference outside of those three doesn't mean he's not worthy of his selection. Look at Matt Ryan from.....................that's right.....................Boston College. How'd he do this past season? Your reasons behind dropping a player's value are pretty ridiculous.

I see your a Pac-10 homer, so case closed. Come draft day I hope the Bill's select the best player available and put little stock into your moronic ranking system.

Yeah their perfect record in Bowls is no match to that 4-6 record in the ACC and, I won't mention the BIG 10's record. AND (you'll be happy to know) I have a VERY strong feeling they will put little stock into either of our opinions.

Look, there are solid teams spread out in every conference across the US. The Big 12, Pac 10, and SEC have their weak teams as well. Just because a player comes from another conference outside of those three doesn't mean he's not worthy of his selection. Look at Matt Ryan from.....................that's right.....................Boston College. How'd he do this past season? Your reasons behind dropping a player's value are pretty ridiculous.

I did say he(Everrette Brown) may be the best player in the draft. I never said he wasn't. I did say I wouldn't take him with a 1st rounder due to the history FSU DE's recently and that he didn't play REAL competition. That was mainly to get people riled but really bro if people didn't see how pathetic the ACC was last year, then there is no point in diascussing it further.

If we draft him I hope he is another Bruce Smith.

I still say that Rey Maualuga will be an all-pro for a dozen years, and will be the best player on defense in WNY if we select him. Maybe Mr. Brown will be too... but I have the right to that opinion and the Bills can ignore it to their own detriment !! JK

Yeah their perfect record in Bowls is no match to that 4-6 record in the ACC and, I won't mention the BIG 10's record. AND (you'll be happy to know) I have a VERY strong feeling they will put little stock into either of our opinions.

HaHAHaHa Okay buddy! :D You keep fighting the good fight. I don't give a rat's arse about your bowl statistics and sure as hell don't care about your favorite college teams. As stated before I don't even have a favorite college team and happen to agree with you that the SEC and Big 12 are the strongest. For whatever reason you have chosen TSW as your battleground for college football and you continue to fight with no one on the subject. No NFL team will hesitate to pick a player they like because they played in the ACC or BIG 10. Sorry to say this strategy only exists in your bizarre world.

HaHAHaHa Okay buddy! :D You keep fighting the good fight. I don't give a rat's arse about your bowl statistics and sure as hell don't care about your favorite college teams. As stated before I don't even have a favorite college team and happen to agree with you that the SEC and Big 12 are the strongest. For whatever reason you have chosen TSW as your battleground for college football and you continue to fight with no one on the subject. No NFL team will hesitate to pick a player they like because they played in the ACC or BIG 10. Sorry to say this strategy only exists in your bizarre world.

Actually, YOU keep responding.