God Bless Ralph

While he does things we don't like from time to time (keeping Jauron and not opening his wallet at times comes to mind), you have to give him credit for keeping the team in Buffalo when he could have moved it for a lot more money in many other places. Congratulations, Mr. Wilson--I, for one, am very happy for you. Now we just have to find a way to get you your SB Ring....

Also give him credit for basically preventing the AFL from folding...he loaned out large sums of money to both the Raiders and Patriots in the AFL, and without them playing and being a part of that league, it likely folds, which means Al Davis would never have had a chance to file a lawsuit against the NFL which eventually forced the merger...the NFL would not exist as we know it without Ralph, and that is a huge point most people don't understand, or at least didn't until today...

Also give him credit for basically preventing the AFL from folding...he loaned out large sums of money to both the Raiders and Patriots in the AFL, and without them playing and being a part of that league, it likely folds, which means Al Davis would never have had a chance to file a lawsuit against the NFL which eventually forced the merger...the NFL would not exist as we know it without Ralph, and that is a huge point most people don't understand, or at least didn't until today...

That, to me, is why he belongs in the Hall of Fame. I'm not super happy about the timing, though. Right after giving the finger to all Bills fans by saying that after three 7-9 seasons "continuity" is what we need, he gets into the Hall? If the Bills don't make a splash this offseason, Ralphie might get booed at his own induction. Which would actually be hilarious to watch on TV: First Bruce gets introduced, and the announcers make it a point to say, "They're not booing, they're saying 'Bruuuuuuce.'" Then Ralph gets introduced, and the announcers are like, "Uh, maybe the fans are still psyched about Bruce Smith."

This man love for Wilson makes me sick. Sad, sad, sad!

Here's the one thing you can do to express your anger: Don't follow the team.

As for Ralph: No one is all good, or all bad. Ralph certainly has his cheap side. But he also has his loyal side.

I know there's one man who thinks Ralph is a great guy: Kevin Everett. Over the years, Ralph has donated large sums of money to the Nick Bouniconti Foundation to help cure paralysis. The treatment protocols developed from that research, which Ralph had implemented for the Bills' medical staff, went a long way to helping Kevin restore mobility.

So it all depends on how you look at it. Just because Ralph decided to keep Jauron doesn't make him a bad guy.

<br />Here's the one thing you can do to express your anger: Don't follow the team. <br /><br />As for Ralph: No one is all good, or all bad. Ralph certainly has his cheap side. But he also has his loyal side. <br /><br />I know there's one man who thinks Ralph is a great guy: Kevin Everett. Over the years, Ralph has donated large sums of money to the Nick Bouniconti Foundation to help cure paralysis. The treatment protocols developed from that research, which Ralph had implemented for the Bills' medical staff, went a long way to helping Kevin restore mobility.<br /><br />So it all depends on how you look at it. Just because Ralph decided to keep Jauron doesn't make him a bad guy.<br />
Absolutely. If you follow the team and feel like that change your allegiance on outside as well as inside for inside you are already not a Bills fan.

Here's the one thing you can do to express your anger: Don't follow the team.

As for Ralph: No one is all good, or all bad. Ralph certainly has his cheap side. But he also has his loyal side.

I know there's one man who thinks Ralph is a great guy: Kevin Everett. Over the years, Ralph has donated large sums of money to the Nick Bouniconti Foundation to help cure paralysis. The treatment protocols developed from that research, which Ralph had implemented for the Bills' medical staff, went a long way to helping Kevin restore mobility.

So it all depends on how you look at it. Just because Ralph decided to keep Jauron doesn't make him a bad guy.

This is the same response I Gave you in another post.

Actually, that is what I'm trying to do. After 28 years I'm done with this team. I've boxed up all my Bills gear. Cancelled NFL Sunday ticket and took Two Bills drive off as my start page. I'm looking into season tickets for the Panthers. My goal is that by the time the season starts the Buffao Bills will be dead to me. I hope I have this attitude as long as Ralph is the owner or DICK is the coach.

I'm just finding it really difficult after 28 years to just quit. And that makes me very, very angry. I get excited about the draft and then I have to remember I don't want to care and I get so angry. This sucks, and I detest Mr. Wilson for not caring about the team I am tying my hardest not to love and not to follow

Actually, that is what I'm trying to do. After 28 years I'm done with this team. I've boxed up all my Bills gear. Cancelled NFL Sunday ticket and took Two Bills drive off as my start page. I'm looking into season tickets for the Panthers. My goal is that by the time the season starts the Buffao Bills will be dead to me. I hope I have this attitude as long as Ralph is the owner or DICK is the coach.

I'm just finding it really difficult after 28 years to just quit. And that makes me very, very angry. I get excited about the draft and then I have to remember I don't want to care and I get so angry. This sucks, and I detest Mr. Wilson for not caring about the team I am tying my hardest not to love and not to follow

then leave. I don't think you'll find any sympathy here.

You seem to be 28 going on 14. Get a grip, your life shouldn't be dictated by who the owner of the Buffalo Bills is. What do you do log into TSW in between boxing up all your crap and cancelling your Sunday ticket? No one cares if you are struggling with a love/hate realationship with the Bills. In fact if it's true you are a weakminded individual and bring shame to Bills fans. Spare us all the dramatics please! :wallbash:

Ok bye, don't let the door hit you on the way out. And have fun rooting for the Panthers, they'll be in very good shape if they can draft and develop a new QB. I'm sure it will be such an enriching and fulfilling experience if they win the Superbowl. By the way, you don't get to say that a team is dead to you and then come crawling back later, just for your information. If the Bills make the playoffs in a few years (maybe even next year), I think you've surrendered your right to root for them.

You seem to be 28 going on 14. Get a grip, your life shouldn't be dictated by who the owner of the Buffalo Bills is. What do you do log into TSW in between boxing up all your crap and cancelling your Sunday ticket? No one cares if you are struggling with a love/hate realationship with the Bills. In fact if it's true you are a weakminded individual and bring shame to Bills fans. Spare us all the dramatics please! :wallbash:

Let me respond to your observations:

("Get a grip, your life shouldn't be dictated by who the owner of the Buffalo Bills)

Get a grip? So it is wrong of me to be upset or even disapointed with the Bills ownership. As a fan, I should suck it up and be content with losing season after losing season. As a smart fan, I realize that any success the Bills ever had was INSPITE of Wilson. Not because of Wilson. In fact Wison has run out of town anyone who knew anything about how to build a winner.

Again I am amazed that someone who is smart enough to type can not understand a simple point. My life is not dictated by Ralph Wilson. My loyality as a fan is. And that is because I supported this team for 28 years. The fact is I have a great life. Being a loyal fan does not mean that one whould follow a team blindly. Being a loyal fan is being patient during the rebuilding years. Spending the money during the down years to enjoy the product that is being developed in the future. Nothing is being developed for the future. Any talent the Bills have will leave the first chance they can. Why? because they want to be on a team that is competive and wins.

(you are a weakminded individual and bring shame to Bills fans)

A weak minded individual does not stand up for what is wrong. What Wilson is doing to the city of Buffalo is a shame. The Bills bring shame to the city of Buffalo. The people in Buffalo are hard working honest people. They care about thier town and about football. Wilson doesn't care about Buffalo. The difference between Ralph and myself is every week he looks at his bank account and looks to see how much money the team brought him. I look at my account every week and see how much money I have spent supporting the team.

I'm assuming you are a Bills fan. If you could give up following the Bills cold turkey then you haven't been a fan too long. Or you have not been a true die hard fan. I remember in the mid 80's walking down the streets of Silver Creek, NY and being laughed at for wearing a Bills jacket or hat. I was proud to be a Bills fan and I believed one day they would be a winner. I struggle with loving/hating the Bills because I have a history with the team. They are a part of who I am. And I don't want my loyality to be taken advantage of anymore.

I no longer believe in the Bills. Wilson has made is very clear he is content with the constant poor product on the field. DICK although he is a nice man and player freindly is not going to lead this team to a championship. Ralph knows this.. you know this. The media knows this. For any other team in the NFL (except Detroit) being a loser is unacceptable. For Buffalo it has become status quo.

What concerns me is that Wilson doesn't have to change the way he runs this team. Because of fans like you. You would love to see the Bills win. You'd even probably get excited if the Bills won the Super Bowl. But the reality is this: You are just as content to see them lose year after year after year. That is where you and I differ.

Ok bye, don't let the door hit you on the way out. And have fun rooting for the Panthers, they'll be in very good shape if they can draft and develop a new QB. I'm sure it will be such an enriching and fulfilling experience if they win the Superbowl. By the way, you don't get to say that a team is dead to you and then come crawling back later, just for your information. If the Bills make the playoffs in a few years (maybe even next year), I think you've surrendered your right to root for them.

Yes officer. Thank you for the warning. Have a good day.

then leave. I don't think you'll find any sympathy here.

Crap.. that is what I really need right now.. a shoulder to cry on! Please, go watch one of the games from the early 90's and dream of better days.

Let me respond to your observations:

("Get a grip, your life shouldn't be dictated by who the owner of the Buffalo Bills)

Get a grip? So it is wrong of me to be upset or even disapointed with the Bills ownership. As a fan, I should suck it up and be content with losing season after losing season. As a smart fan, I realize that any success the Bills ever had was INSPITE of Wilson. Not because of Wilson. In fact Wison has run out of town anyone who knew anything about how to build a winner.

Again I am amazed that someone who is smart enough to type can not understand a simple point. My life is not dictated by Ralph Wilson. My loyality as a fan is. And that is because I supported this team for 28 years. The fact is I have a great life. Being a loyal fan does not mean that one whould follow a team blindly. Being a loyal fan is being patient during the rebuilding years. Spending the money during the down years to enjoy the product that is being developed in the future. Nothing is being developed for the future. Any talent the Bills have will leave the first chance they can. Why? because they want to be on a team that is competive and wins.

(you are a weakminded individual and bring shame to Bills fans)

A weak minded individual does not stand up for what is wrong. What Wilson is doing to the city of Buffalo is a shame. The Bills bring shame to the city of Buffalo. The people in Buffalo are hard working honest people. They care about thier town and about football. Wilson doesn't care about Buffalo. The difference between Ralph and myself is every week he looks at his bank account and looks to see how much money the team brought him. I look at my account every week and see how much money I have spent supporting the team.

I'm assuming you are a Bills fan. If you could give up following the Bills cold turkey then you haven't been a fan too long. Or you have not been a true die hard fan. I remember in the mid 80's walking down the streets of Silver Creek, NY and being laughed at for wearing a Bills jacket or hat. I was proud to be a Bills fan and I believed one day they would be a winner. I struggle with loving/hating the Bills because I have a history with the team. They are a part of who I am. And I don't want my loyality to be taken advantage of anymore.

I no longer believe in the Bills. Wilson has made is very clear he is content with the constant poor product on the field. DICK although he is a nice man and player freindly is not going to lead this team to a championship. Ralph knows this.. you know this. The media knows this. For any other team in the NFL (except Detroit) being a loser is unacceptable. For Buffalo it has become status quo.

What concerns me is that Wilson doesn't have to change the way he runs this team. Because of fans like you. You would love to see the Bills win. You'd even probably get excited if the Bills won the Super Bowl. But the reality is this: You are just as content to see them lose year after year after year. That is where you and I differ.

You and I differ in many ways my friend. I think it's obvious to most viewers how childish you are but I wish you luck in your quest and journey into manhood. It can be a longer journey for some.