Why is it called a "Bail Out"?

VABills

Seriously for anyone who's boated, when you bail out something. It typically means you are removing something unwanted (water). We should be removing things from the budget, getting higher and lighter on the water. Not taking more on.

Yet the idiots seem to this this bailout would be best to throw more water onto the boat. Bad government regulations, bad policies, bad everything, and now we want to do it on a grander scale.

Again, back to the boat analogy, we're screwed.

Seriously for anyone who's boated, when you bail out something. It typically means you are removing something unwanted (water). We should be removing things from the budget, getting higher and lighter on the water. Not taking more on.

Yet the idiots seem to this this bailout would be best to throw more water onto the boat. Bad government regulations, bad policies, bad everything, and now we want to do it on a grander scale.

Again, back to the boat analogy, we're screwed.

I think Castro coined the term when he took over Cuba. :wallbash:

Not a bail out as in water in the bilge of a boat. More like a bail out when one finds themselves in the pokey/clink. Here is an example:

"Honey, now don't be mad. [insert best friend's name here] and I were across the border at the "ballet" and got into a little mess. Come bail us out? Oh, and bring 2 grand."

Even if one uses the nautical analogy... Everybody is in different types of vessel... The gov't obviuolsy being in the biggest vessel with the biggest bilge. The money is the "pump" or "engine" to keep whatever vessel from sinking.

I was thinking the same thing.

Now look what we have done... We are gonna attract a certain poster... Maybe a volunteer firefighter rant in the works? :wallbash::lol:

NO! :D

Actually, I was thinking that throwing money into the boat helps soak up the water :thumbsup: ...but I went with the fire fighting analogy, instead.

NO! :lol:

Actually, I was thinking that throwing money into the boat helps soak up the water :thumbsup: ...but I went with the fire fighting analogy, instead.

Even the grease/oil fire analogy is bad. Obviously as lay people, we are not going to "throw" water on a grease/oil fire... BUT certain professionals/systems (and no, not to get the forementioned poster innvolved) can actually use water to supress such fires... Again DO NOT TRY AT HOME.

Mist

This stems from a collaborative research project with CAFS Unit Inc. and researchers in NRC-IRC's Fire Research Program undertaken in 2003 that demonstrated the effectiveness of water-mist fire-suppression technology in extinguishing fires in large industrial oil cookers.

Again... "Mist" is different than "throwing" water on such a fire.

Oh no... Look what I did now... Got Canadians innvolved! :D:wallbash:

NO! :thumbsup:

Actually, I was thinking that throwing money into the boat helps soak up the water :lol: ...but I went with the fire fighting analogy, instead.

Well, they might as well get bales of Benjamins, put them on The mall and set fire to them for all the jobs this spending will create. At least the bonfire of the inanities will keep the homeless warm till gorebal warming takes over.