Is the Tony Gonzalas deal completly dead?

You don't know what TG wants, I don't know what TG wants.

Sometimes a change in life and feeling wanted is enough

Your right I don't know what he wants but this thread is about speculating on a trade that's been dead for 4 months. The whole point of this thread is to speculate. In my assertion, if I were a HOF TE and I wanted a ring before I retired Buffalo wouldn't be on my list. I love the Bills and yet I see no reason that TG would want to play for them. Take a step back from being a Bills fan for a sec. and tell me why if you were a HOF TE that wanted a ring you would be okay with coming to the Bills in the state there in.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trust me boys, Owen Daniels is the way to go!

The problem with Owen is that he is an RFA which means the Texans have the right to match any offer or receive compensation, which I believe for him is a 1st and 3rd draft choice ( have not seen the NFL.com offical list yet) That is way too much to give up for him or any TE.

You are too funny.

Buffalo made an offer, Tony is still on the block,WE NEED A TE, insanity is to overlook the possibility

Sorry, its not the end of the discussion, go sit in the corner

:blink:

I look at 3 different items

#1 Is there a need?

#2 Did Buffalo show interest?

#3 Is he still available and at what cost?

And would this sell tickets? Ralph clearly needs to do something

All I am saying is...lets not count it out completely, it actually makes sense for the Bills

Derek Fine can develop

1. Yes

2. Yes

3. Probably, but the Chiefs are asking for too much and Gonzalez doesn't want to play here.

Guest dog14787
The problem with Owen is that he is an RFA which means the Texans have the right to match any offer or receive compensation, which I believe for him is a 1st and 3rd draft choice ( have not seen the NFL.com offical list yet) That is way too much to give up for him or any TE.

Yet we could possibly have to use a 1st to get a good TE. Trading the 3rd for his experience doesn't seem beyond the realm of possibilities does it?

We have needed a good TE for years now and to get someone you know is good and will jump right in and start producing would mean allot to the Buffalo Bills.

Texans are an up and coming team though, I doubt they let a good player slip threw their fingers and have to take a step backward because of it.

Its just not going to happen.

The compensation for Daniels depends on what the Texans tender him. It is based on the amount of the offer. The 1st and 3rd are not a given.

Yes I understand how the tendering system works, but the last rumor I heard was that was going to be the compensation for someone to grab him.

A 1st and a 3rd is indeed too high for a team like this to spend on a TE. Pettigrew at 11 is too high when there are other needs to be filled on this team such as DE, DT, LB that could be addressed at this pick. I know the Bills have a draft history of grabbing who they want regardless of their draft position, but with the needs on the table and the talent on defense in this draft, I find it hard to believe they'll grab a 15-25 talent player at 11 and pass up a top 15 pick on defense.

Only 3 teams were willing to offer a 3rd rounder

AND Buffalo was one of the teams

Look, he is going to go somewhere, I think that possibility is real.

If we are going to talk about trades, We know Buffalo had some interest in Tony Gonzalas.

The rumors started by the KC press that he didn't want to come to Buffalo are nothing more then that, RUMORS

Perhaps some draft day maneuvering by both teams with draft picks and or players.

Until Tony Gonzalas is traded, Buffalo is still in the game.

DIE HARD 1967

1. He wasnt interested in leaving the Chiefs to come to us.

2. He was HIGHLY productive and critical in Tyler Thigpens growth throughout the year. He will be a valuable asset in developing either Thigpen further this year or another young QB, and that gives him great value to the Chiefs.

3. Miami went from a 1 win team to division champion in one year...with the emergence of KC's passing game, still having a running game, they might harbor new hope and expectations next year. The front office already said that they had expected a playoff push from this team last year. So, if thats the case, they wont trade the most vital part of the teams success...

So in conclusion, he didnt want to come here when we were leading the division and 3rd in the power rankings, so why would he want to come here now after we tanked the rest of the season? More importantly, I dont think the Chiefs are interested in trading him anymore and will keep him.

If we are going to talk about trades, We know Buffalo had some interest in Tony Gonzalas.

The rumors started by the KC press that he didn't want to come to Buffalo are nothing more then that, RUMORS

Perhaps some draft day maneuvering by both teams with draft picks and or players.

DIE HARD 1967

I think Tony Gonzalez would retire before coming to Buffalo, truth be told. If he was traded here, I would

think he would look forward to coaching his children in Pee Wee football which he considers one step up than playing for the Buffalo Bills.

Yes I understand how the tendering system works, but the last rumor I heard was that was going to be the compensation for someone to grab him.

A 1st and a 3rd is indeed too high for a team like this to spend on a TE. Pettigrew at 11 is too high when there are other needs to be filled on this team such as DE, DT, LB that could be addressed at this pick. I know the Bills have a draft history of grabbing who they want regardless of their draft position, but with the needs on the table and the talent on defense in this draft, I find it hard to believe they'll grab a 15-25 talent player at 11 and pass up a top 15 pick on defense.

Ok, sorry. I did not hear that.

Ok, sorry. I did not hear that.

NP, just saying that's whats floating around right now. The Texans would be smart to lock him up as their offense becomes increasingly more powerful. A few big moves by them this offseason and they could be a playoff contender easily

DIE HARD 1967

Die Hard,

You've made some strong posts but it seems like you're dealing in wishful thinking here.

"The rumors started by the KC press that he didn't want to come to Buffalo are nothing more then that, RUMORS"

How do you know this? Most likely you don't. Neither do I or any of us. So you're just wishing and hoping which is fine. But it is just as likely that there is some truth behind the rumors that he didn't want to come here.

To follow up on this correct info (and we're speaking of Owen Daniels now, not Tony Gonzales), the 1st and 3rd round tender this year will be about $2.7 million. That means that the Texans, by making him that tender offer, would be entitled to 1st and 3rd compensation if he were to choose to sign with another team.

For a very good tight end, I think it's certain that they will tender him at this level. The price is not exhorbitant for them and it would basically freeze out most other team's interest in him.

Yeah, um...TG wants to play for a contender. He wants out of KC so he can try to win a championship. I really don't think money is the #1 priority for him (although of course it is a driver). He will not come here because the Bills have no shot at a championship and he doesn't want to play for a small market team.

Next...

Die Hard,

You've made some strong posts but it seems like you're dealing in wishful thinking here.

"The rumors started by the KC press that he didn't want to come to Buffalo are nothing more then that, RUMORS"

How do you know this? Most likely you don't. Neither do I or any of us. So you're just wishing and hoping which is fine. But it is just as likely that there is some truth behind the rumors that he didn't want to come here.

Think back to the trade deadline, it was all over the Sports channels and KC

Do you really think Tony is dumb enough to name Cities he refuses to play?

Can you supply me with a link that quotes Tony Gonzalas refusing to play in Buffalo, just one?

You can't because there is none!

The problem was, KC wanted a #2.

Tony Gonzalas said he wanted to play for a contender and Buffalo was 5-1 at the deadline

I only bring up the possibility, you are free to believe what you want

If you read this thread carefully before attacking me, you will realize I didn't even say I was in favor of the deal, now did I ?

How many pots of coffee do you drink per day?

You need to drop that down to 3 pots, that last pot is making you crazy (lol)

Think back to the trade deadline, it was all over the Sports channels and KC

Do you really think Tony is dumb enough to name Cities he refuses to play?

Can you supply me with a link that quotes Tony Gonzalas refusing to play in Buffalo, just one?

You can't because there is none!

The problem was, KC wanted a #2.

Tony Gonzalas said he wanted to play for a contender and Buffalo was 5-1 at the deadline

I only bring up the possibility, you are free to believe what you want

If you read this thread carefully before attacking me, you will realize I didn't even say I was in favor of the deal, now did I ?

How many pots of coffee do you drink per day?

You need to drop that down to 3 pots, that last pot is making you crazy (lol)

Yeah Die Hard, everyone's (11 posters on this subject) saying the same thing but I'm the one that's attacking you. Look at the first line I typed. It read:

Die Hard,

You've made some strong posts...

As far as your needing proof that he didn't want to come here, OF COURSE no one as classy as Tony Gonzales would publicly name teams he didn't want to play for. Jason Taylor also made it clear which teams he would not play for but both he and Gonzales did it through their agents.

Here's just one of many stories which came out at the time.

http://www.madison.com/wsj/home/sports/packers/309733

Here's the excerpt from that story:

According to the source, the Packers, New York Giants and Philadelphia Eagles all made offers — the Giants offering a fourth-round pick, the Eagles and Packers offering third-rounders. The source said the Atlanta Falcons and Buffalo Bills made better offers but Gonzalez wasn't interested in playing for either team.

Is that proof positive? No. Is the story believable? I guess that's up to the reader. I wasn't attacking you (any more than anyone else) but in your opening post you stated:

"I think the Buffalo possibility is real."

I think that is pretty naive. If he ends up in Buffalo I will rejoice and be the first to tell you that I was wrong.

DUDES!!! Stop the fantasy insanity. Get real. Let it go. Gonzales does not want to, and will not, play for the Bills.... period, end of discussion!

Exactly. If he didn't want to play for us when we were 5-1, why in hell would he come now? Post's like this drive me crazy. Don't you get it, we are laughed at. We are the guy with the booger showing in his nose and don't know why everyone is snickering.