Will the Super Bowl coin toss winner defer

CowgirlsFan

Great post ...

I say if the Cardials win the toss they elect to get the ball. If Pitt wins they defer.

Thanks for the compliment! I can't take TOTAL credit. Sporting News Radio was kicking this around a few nights ago. I guess this compliment helps keep my seat at THE TABLE at the Cafe.

Great post ...

I say if the Cardials win the toss they elect to get the ball. If Pitt wins they defer.

Yep... I agree. The Steelers will want to be in the same position for the 2nd half as they were against the""Girls"" and the Ravens.

Most teams defer because it gives them a shot at an extra possession over the course of the game. Dick Jauron defers because he is not aggressive enough. I suspect either team will defer and for the former reason, not the latter. Both coaches are aggressive so their reasoning makes sense.

Unless there is an unusual wind factor, which there normally isn't in Tampa, I expect whomever wins to defer. They have been all year, why change now?

I believe that they did take the ball at least once this past season vs. coincidently the Cowboys. Worked out pretty well in that game.