What to do with our CB's...maybe look to trade?

Alphadawg7

If Youboty could stay healthy, IMO he & McKelvin could end up the best pair of CB starters in the league. Hire a real conditioning trainer, move McGee to nickel, Corner at dime, and let Greer walk.

I would also try to trade Lil' Donte to Jacksonville for the #8 pick in the 1st round. :unsure:

I would also try to trade Lil' Donte to Jacksonville for the #8 pick in the 1st round. :unsure:

lmao...yeah, I am sure Jacksonville will be beating down our door for this one...

The funny thing is if Jax took some LSD and made a call to the Bills FO while at the peak of their "high" and said "give us Whitner for the #8 pick", I dont think Buffalo would do it...lol

lmao...yeah, I am sure Jacksonville will be beating down our door for this one...

The funny thing is if Jax took some LSD and made a call to the Bills FO while at the peak of their "high" and said "give us Whitner for the #8 pick", I dont think Buffalo would do it...lol

Well, I'll throw in McCargo & Ko, and I'll get Marv to give the Jax GM his personal 'high-character' recommendations on all 3. :unsure:

The biggest blunder we made was letting go of Pat Williams. This had more to do with a change in philosophy then money in my opinnion and I see it as a mistake.

It was ALL about money. They had Williams Schoebel and Jennings all coming up as F/As. They chose to back the wagon up to Schoebel. Jennings was the right call as he was good, but injury prone and has continued as such. Williams was a colossal mistake as they should have made him their #1 priority and not Schoebel.

So he has the same value as he had on draft day! :unsure:

LMAO...I too would have preferred taking Ngata too, however, Whitner was going to be taken within the handful of picks. There were 2 teams really interested in him...he would have been gone in top 15. So, saying he was a late 2nd is a bit over the top dont ya think?

Lions, Browns and Rams all had their eye on him...all picked after us, all were in top 15.

LMAO...I too would have preferred taking Ngata too, however, Whitner was going to be taken within the handful of picks. There were 2 teams really interested in him...he would have been gone in top 15. So, saying he was a late 2nd is a bit over the top dont ya think?

Lions, Browns and Rams all had their eye on him...all picked after us, all were in top 15.

You could be right but alot of that is speculation. Who knows for sure but the reaction to the pick was complete shock and suprise to many of the experts. I guess it doesn't matter, hindsight is 20/20.

Can somebody please explain how you re-sign your guy(Greer) & then trade him?

He is an UFA. Why would any team let us re-sign him & then trade with us to acquire him when they could simply sign him themselves first?

Actually, him getting top 10 money isnt all that absurd. Doesnt mean he is top 10 corner, but corners get big bucks in FA and that number goes up every year.

Nate Clements wasnt even CLOSE to worth what he got from San Francisco when they made him the highest paid defensive player of ALL time.

Exactly, thank you! I'm not saying he's a top 10 corner. But every FA period , whoever is solid at a postion of need for a given team, they get paid, and paid more than the top guys the year before, etc... Greer will get huge $ on the open market. Period.