How About Landon Donovan?

Tolstoy

Is he the real deal now? Or is he just a preseason wonder? See the best soccer blog on the net for videos of his latest goals:

http://www.soccerbyives.net/

Someday, America will have a world-class striker that will put fear into the hearts of defenders. I don't think Landon (aka Landycakes) is that man, but maybe I am wrong!

Once he stops his disappearing acts in the World Cup, I'll give him some dap.

I am glad Landon is playing in Europe. That is the only way he will get better. He is an enigmatic player. So many times he looks like the fastest player on the field and with mad skills, but he chooses not to attack and disappears in big games. US Soccer needs Donovan to bring his A game for now one

That's awesome for Donovan. I hope he keeps it up. There was talk that he might not even get much playing time. I always root for U.S. players overseas. Clint Dempsey recently scored both goals for Fulham against Chelsea, including one in extra time to get the tie 2-2.

There's a U.S. vs. Sweden friendly tomorrow night. Fox Soccer Channel is showing it. But most of the top players will not be there. I'm looking forward to the WC qualifier against Mexico on Feb. 11.

That's awesome for Donovan. I hope he keeps it up. There was talk that he might not even get much playing time. I always root for U.S. players overseas. Clint Dempsey recently scored both goals for Fulham against Chelsea, including one in extra time to get the tie 2-2.

There's a U.S. vs. Sweden friendly tomorrow night. Fox Soccer Channel is showing it. But most of the top players will not be there. I'm looking forward to the WC qualifier against Mexico on Feb. 11.

I am looking forward to the Mexico game as well: will we be bringing our European players back for that one? I know European leagues will be still playing, though perhaps they will take a week off for qualifiers.

Dempsey has looked better this season--I hope he can keep it up.

Thank God he's playing in Europe...maybe now the gap between his MLS play and his international play will be narrowed and he'll be more consistent. I'm tired of this guy coming off like he's the greatest thing since sliced bread with his mouth, but then spending more time with his foot stuck in his arse than making use of it for the purpose of doing something productive on the field.

Thank God he's playing in Europe...maybe now the gap between his MLS play and his international play will be narrowed and he'll be more consistent. I'm tired of this guy coming off like he's the greatest thing since sliced bread with his mouth, but then spending more time with his foot stuck in his arse than making use of it for the purpose of doing something productive on the field.

He's much better off playing for a small club in Europe than as a bench warmer for Bayer Monaco.

In Bayer, chances are he won't really get much playing time competing with guys like Podolski, Ribery and Luca Toni.

He's much better off playing for a small club in Europe than as a bench warmer for Bayer Monaco.

In Bayer, chances are he won't really get much playing time competing with guys like Podolski, Ribery and Luca Toni.

Hey bro...what's Totti up to these days? :blink:

See the best soccer blog on the net for videos of his latest goals:

http://www.soccerbyives.net/

That site is awesome, man...thanks! The guy updates it all the time and it's really helping me get caught up on what's I've missed while the NFL was going on. This is usually the time of year I start getting into the game again, and this site will help a lot.

I'm really encouraged by what I'm hearing about some of our younger players, especially Altidore. I'm also interested in this college kid who won player of the year and bypassed MLS to sign with the champs from the Danish league. Was also cool to see Becks get a goal for AC Milan this weekend :blink:

You are probably right, as Toni and Ribery are better players. However, Podolski is gone, from what I hear (or is very soon to be gone), so Landon is probably the #3 striker. That is not a bad position to be in, since with injuries and good play, he could easily move to #2.