I am sooo glad I don't live in a major US city

And you know what beverage goes with NOTHING? Eff-ing grapefruit juice. I wanted to start eating healthier, so I decided to go for natural juices (basically nothing with high fructose corn syrup) instead of soda. I'm a big fan of grapefruit juice, so I decided to stock up on that. But here's the problem...it doesn't taste good with any foods. It makes everything else taste like sh*t. Now I'm stuck with all this grapefruit juice in my fridge and I can't drink it with meals. :D

omlettes

I actually like it with pizza

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What in the Sam Hill doesn't whiskey go with? :D

You make a good point, Sasquatch. But, I find a good Champagne even more versatile than my beloved George Dickel.

BTW, just came from a local happy hour where they serve their drinks in pint beer glasses. I had at least a triple Maker's Mark, with a tad of water for $3.50. Unfortunately, I only had time for one. I will be back!

And you know what beverage goes with NOTHING? Eff-ing grapefruit juice. I wanted to start eating healthier, so I decided to go for natural juices (basically nothing with high fructose corn syrup) instead of soda. I'm a big fan of grapefruit juice, so I decided to stock up on that. But here's the problem...it doesn't taste good with any foods. It makes everything else taste like sh*t. Now I'm stuck with all this grapefruit juice in my fridge and I can't drink it with meals. :D

Yup. I like grapefruit juice, too, but it isn't really food-friendly. It is OK with breakfast, though (eggs and such). I prefer my grapefruit juice with gin. I try to have one or two before Bills' games, as a vitamin filled base.

So, to date, how many home invasions and car hackings have you, and your trusty .45, thwarted so far?

Fortunately none. Its called deterrence. The bad guys know they are not dealing with lambs here unlike NYC, were they know all the citizens are disarmed and the worst they can expect is homeowners hiding under the bed till the "authorities"come. Shift change and overtime rules permiting,of course.

Fortunately none. Its called deterrence. The bad guys know they are not dealing with lambs here unlike NYC, were they know all the citizens are disarmed and the worst they can expect is homeowners hiding under the bed till the "authorities"come. Shift change and overtime rules permiting,of course.

Wow, you are even dumber than I originally thought. New Yorkers are so well know for their demureness.

I'm quite certain that you wouldn't know what to do, if you ever had to deal with a REAL situation. But, if the guns make you feel safer (you sissy) then I have no issue with you having them.

Wow, you are even dumber than I originally thought. New Yorkers are so well know for their demureness.

I'm quite certain that you wouldn't know what to do, if you ever had to deal with a REAL situation. But, if the guns make you feel safer (you sissy) then I have no issue with you having them.

Yeah NYs are hard core . cutting in line for a Pastrami sandwich takes some real nuts.

Yeah NYs are hard core . cutting in line for a Pastrami sandwich takes some real nuts.

If two airliners had taken out downtown Anchorage, I wonder what would have happened? You'd all run for the hills waving your guns and batten down in your little igloos.

Fact is New Yorkers are brave and tough as hell. You go to New York today and you see it's a vibrant city and, oddly, the events of 9/11 didn't make them mean, nasty and afraid... far from it.

You couldn't make it in New York. You're right where you belong.

If two airliners had taken out downtown Anchorage, I wonder what would have happened? You'd all run for the hills waving your guns and batten down in your little igloos.

Fact is New Yorkers are brave and tough as hell. You go to New York today and you see it's a vibrant city and, oddly, the events of 9/11 didn't make them mean, nasty and afraid... far from it.

Well put.

That's right Debbie, because we're not like real Americans. We're pretty much a third world country. Soon they're going to add a second channel to our televisions and we're hoping it's another version of Fox News. If a couple of airplanes took out "downtown" Anchorage, we'd probably worship the rubble as our new God.

Since you're a liberal mouth breather, you ought to spend a lot more time and energy saving us from ourselves. What you're doing right now is just cruel.

Which makes them no different than any other human being on the planet who faced a one time event - no matter how catastrophic it is. People bounce back.

The fact that you think New Yorkers are tough shows how little you know about the world.

Yeah, because you really know the guy.

That's right Debbie, because we're not like real Americans. We're pretty much a third world country. Soon they're going to add a second channel to our televisions and we're hoping it's another version of Fox News. If a couple of airplanes took out "downtown" Anchorage, we'd probably worship the rubble as our new God.

Since you're a liberal mouth breather, you ought to spend a lot more time and energy saving us from ourselves. What you're doing right now is just cruel.

Which makes them no different than any other human being on the planet who faced a one time event - no matter how catastrophic it is. People bounce back.

The fact that you think New Yorkers are tough shows how little you know about the world.

Yeah, because you really know the guy.

Also well put. But yours was funnier.

And you live where? I never knocked NYC for its reaction to 9/11-which of course in your liberal mind set was justified because of American arrogance in the world-but because of their[some] superior mind set that every one else is a rube and a mule Skinner. There is life outside of fine restaurants.

And you live where? I never knocked NYC for its reaction to 9/11-which of course in your liberal mind set was justified because of American arrogance in the world-but because of their[some] superior mind set that every one else is a rube and a mule Skinner. There is life outside of fine restaurants.

You do not know her. Sure, she stereotypes and is a partisan B word (still calling her a woman), but at least she isn't a racist who is ashamed to even man up to it like yourself.

yeah, that's exactly what comes to mind when I think of New Yorkers like Woody Allen, Barbra Streisand, Rosie O'Donnel, Ethel Merman and oh...The Three Stooges too. Guts I tell ya, Guts

Gadzooks, you're right! New Yorkers aren't tough at all! How could they possibly be tough, residing in the same city as Woody Allen, Barbara Streisand, Rosie O' Donnell, Ethel Merman, and the Three Stooges????? Sir, your eloquence is matched only by your razor sharp wit. Simply a brilliant debater.