The Bills should boot Turk Shonert as OC and get Jim Fassel.

Tipster19

We need a more open offense than this dink and dunk offense. Fassel is a heck a lot better than anything that we have had in the last several years. Having Jauron under the microscope this last year doesn't hurt either. If Jauron falters again this upcoming year than what better than to have an experienced ex head coach/current OC on the roster?

We need a more open offense than this dink and dunk offense. Fassel is a heck a lot better than anything that we have had in the last several years. Having Jauron under the microscope this last year doesn't hurt either. If Jauron falters again this upcoming year than what better than to have an experienced ex head coach/current OC on the roster?

No, the Bills should boot Jauron & hire Fassel as HC.

Dick Jauron won't fire his coaches, he'll let him self go before he fires any coaches. But I don't see him firing any of his coaching staff, for a washed up has been head coach and offensive coordinator. I liked Jim Fassel like 4 years ago, but he's too similar to Dick Jauron, the only thing Fassel over Jauron is a super bowl appearance, and one more winning record.

Fassel would be an upgrade for sure!

Where have I heard that before? ... I got it! A year ago, everybody was saying Schonert was an upgrade for sure because the only thing wrong with the Bills 31st ranked offense was Steve Fairchild. :unsure:

big difference............schonert never was a oc before....fassell was a oc and has been a head coach...big difference

There's no way DJ will ever get rid of Turk. We might as well try makin some upgrades at key positions (WR, TE, C, G) and hope that another year in the same system will produce better results. We haven't had the same system in place for two consecutive seasons for quite some time.

Schonert WAS a huge upgrade from Fairchild. It doesn't mean he was good, but it means that Fairchild was an embarassingly bad OC.

Yup, I agree wholeheartedly. Fairchild was horrible and Schonert was sometimes good, sometimes bad.

And while I'm not big on Schonert, he was competent, though he obviously made some mistakes too. Usually a guy doing something for the second year has a chance to make huge improvements. He has a chance to go back and look at his tendencies, study his mistakes and successes and figure out why each happened. I hope we see that from Schonert this year.

There's no way DJ will ever get rid of Turk. We might as well try makin some upgrades at key positions (WR, TE, C, G) and hope that another year in the same system will produce better results. We haven't had the same system in place for two consecutive seasons for quite some time.

Thurman34, nice name. I have to disagree with you, though. Jauron has had no problem cutting guys who aren't making the grade and if in his postseason review he thinks Schonert needs to go, I don't think he will have any problem firing him. The question is what he sees.

It's definitely not impossible, but somewhere in the unlikely area.

Thurman34, nice name. I have to disagree with you, though. Jauron has had no problem cutting guys who aren't making the grade and if in his postseason review he thinks Schonert needs to go, I don't think he will have any problem firing him. The question is what he sees.

It's definitely not impossible, but somewhere in the unlikely area.

I'm not an expert on Dick Jauron prior to him coming to Buffalo. Could you please tell me some people Dick has fired because of their poor performance?

RTB

Fassel stinks IMHO....would just be more of the same thing we have....incompetence to mediocrity at best.

You mean like the last 3 years? (Yes, Schonert changed the play calling, but he said that he kept the same system so that Trent wouldn't regress learning a new system.)

Actually, this is all like watching the same movie again. Jauron hires an OC ________ that struggles badly and who takes a job as a HC in the NCAA. He then elevates the on-staff QB coach __________ to be the OC for the sake of continuity. That guy is a flop as well. (Insert: Crowton, Schoop or Fairchild, Schonert at your leisure.)

Usually a guy doing something for the second year has a chance to make huge improvements.

Thus the term "sophomore slump". :unsure: