Eli Manning Under Fire

Another way to look at it is that Marshawn Lynch is surrounded by mediocre talent and has a mediocre QB whom opposing coaches know won't throw downfield to open up the running game.

Comparing Trent Edwards to a QB who just won the Superbowl MVP a year ago is insanity. Tell me, how many coaches in this league would trade Eli Manning straight up for Trent Edwards based on what each has done so far? Some of you people really need to take an objective look at how bad Edwards was last season.

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeexactly!!!!

No, he has shown one more thing.....an improvement at the Bills QB position over the garbage that tainted this team for 5 years in terms of both sucking, and what it cost to bring him here to suck.

Maybe this can help you get over the oh so sad loss of your favorite bad football player.

Why do you have this tremendous need to bring up JP? It seems unhealthy to me. When he was here and relevant, that was one thing, but nobody mentions him, he's gone, and yet you are still howling about him. Quite frankly, I think you are a JP Losman obsessive.

But hey, keep it up, that's your business. The rest of us will continue with our discussion about Trent's inconsistent year last year.

And to further my point about Eli's tough schedule against the Bills schedule, Trent actually was QB during an even easier subset of the Bills criminally easy schedule this year. Take the win-loss record of our team's opponents and throw out the win-loss record of the Cardinals, Jets (once), Miami (once) and since Trent played half of the SF game, you add in half of SF's record also.

The results:

Cards: 9 - 7

Jets: 9 - 7

Miami: 11 - 5

SF ( x .5): 7 - 9 x .5 =3.5 - 4.5

Total without Trent: 32.5 wins - 23.5 losses

Bills Overall Strength of Schedule: 116-140 = .453125

Trent-led Bills Overall Strength of Schedule: 83.5-116.5 =.4175

41.7% strength of schedule. The Bills with Trent at the helm this year actually played a much much easier schedule than anybody else in the league. Which certainly includes Eli.

Yeah, so the Bills with Trent at QB played an almost historically easy schedule. So you can see why it's perfectly feasible and fair to compare his stats with Eli straight up. And Giants fans who watched every game thought Eli had a bad year. And Trent was comparable!!! Yeah, baby!!! Obviously Trent has proven that he's a Super Bowl winner, as shown by the OP. (sarcasm off)

Trent may turn out to be a very fine QB. But he's still extremely young and inconsistent. With guys as young as Trent, you simply have to wait. And sometimes wait some more. And sometimes more. And who knows, maybe the light will go on.

Personally, I think Eli is a good QB, but not great. He's a legit starter but nothing special.

And if the Giants fans wanna be mad at someone it should be Plaxico Burress.

I didn't think he was that great a QB. He certainly was a good college QB - but I had my doubts if he would be NFL caliber except maybe in a system that utilized his skill sets well. I don't think he's a game changer. Cutler consistently outplayed him. But Manning had a better team around him at Ole Miss.

Then again his teammates couldn't spell Ole :lol:

oh and fwiw whoever picked Bill from NYC to be the first to chime in about JP Losman in a thread about Trent Edwards when no one else even mentioned Losman, come on down and collect your prize.

Sadly, our little contest is going to have to stop. In every edwards thread, Bill is always the first (and usually only one) to mention JP. Everyone keeps picking Bill as their choice.

As for the original topic, Eli had his best statistical season this past year. He dropped his INTs down form the normal 18-20 to 10. He also jumped his completion % up over 60% for the first time in his career. He tossed 24 TDs, right in line with his career average. He also did this with 50 fewer pass attempts form last year. I hated the little whiner when he got drafted, but the kid's developing into a good QB.

As for edwards, we can only hope that after this season, he'll surpass the 24 TD mark...for his career.

For all of you whiners about how bad Edwards is, remember that at least 3 of his games, of only aprox 20 played, have been in MISERABLE conditions: Cleveland blizzard last year, Giants at home last year (50 MPH winds), Cheatriots at home (50+ MPH wind). So to have remotely good stats, with a weak team and poor coaching, is remarkable. I believe in the kid. He is poised, and very accurate. AND, he's a humble, quality individual. Until the concussion in AZ, he was playing at a very high level: 3 comeback wins in the prior 3 weeks. Obviously, he played poorly at times this year (i.e. Browns game), but every QB has bad days (see Delhomme, Jake and Manning, Eli). To expect so much out a kid that started as a rookie last year is unrealistic. As a lifelong Bills fan, I am very encouraged about his upside. He's easily the best we've had in 10+ years.

For all of you whiners about how bad Edwards is, remember that at least 3 of his games, of only aprox 20 played, have been in MISERABLE conditions: Cleveland blizzard last year, Giants at home last year (50 MPH winds), Cheatriots at home (50+ MPH wind). So to have remotely good stats, with a weak team and poor coaching, is remarkable. I believe in the kid. He is poised, and very accurate. AND, he's a humble, quality individual. Until the concussion in AZ, he was playing at a very high level: 3 comeback wins in the prior 3 weeks. Obviously, he played poorly at times this year (i.e. Browns game), but every QB has bad days (see Delhomme, Jake and Manning, Eli). To expect so much out a kid that started as a rookie last year is unrealistic. As a lifelong Bills fan, I am very encouraged about his upside. He's easily the best we've had in 10+ years.

Great post, but it will be lost upon the lovesick, angry fanboys.

These guys sang, and still sing the praises of a serial losing sucktard. Year after year, they would tell us all about how great he is, and then roll out the excuses for his stellar 5 year average of 2 wins per season. :unsure:

Now, one in particular can be seen in virtually every thread blasting our young quarterback, who almost everyone in America knows is a clear improvement over a guy who went from being just a bad quarterback to a laughing stock. But, watch their collective panties get twisted if I utter an unkind word against their poster boy.