The real #20 at safety

I have been a Bills fan for a long time. I don't want you to take this post the wrong way, I like Donte Whitner I think what he lacks athletically he makes up with passion and you cant teach that. For those of you that have been rooting for this team for a while will remember Henry Jones. He was a Bills safety for some time and IMO a very good one. He was originally drafted as a corner, but if my memory serves me well Marv gave every player in the secondary an IQ test and the player with the highest score was awarded the safety position (the internet was not accessible then so no link). With that said do you think it would be worth drafting that safety from Florida State that won the Rhodes Scholarship? I know he wouldn't be available until 2010 but his intelligence would be uncommon in this league and it seemed to work well for Henry Jones!!!!

I have been a Bills fan for a long time. I don't want you to take this post the wrong way, I like Donte Whitner I think what he lacks athletically he makes up with passion and you cant teach that. For those of you that have been rooting for this team for a while will remember Henry Jones. He was a Bills safety for some time and IMO a very good one. He was originally drafted as a corner, but if my memory serves me well Marv gave every player in the secondary an IQ test and the player with the highest score was awarded the safety position (the internet was not accessible then so no link). With that said do you think it would be worth drafting that safety from Florida State that won the Rhodes Scholarship? I know he wouldn't be available until 2010 but his intelligence would be uncommon in this league and it seemed to work well for Henry Jones!!!!

Worry about this draft first Chief. :thumbsup:

You mean Myron Rolle?

He would have been a first or second rounder this year, but will head to Oxford to get a one-year Master's instead. Good for him, he didn't wanna pass up the tremendous opportunity to go there as a Rhodes Scholar. He'll be available next year but it will cost him, he'll most likely wind up a late rounder.

Can't fault a guy for knowing there's more to life than football. He wants to be a neurosurgeon and open a clinic in the Bahamas after his playing days are over.

You mean Myron Rolle?

He would have been a first or second rounder this year, but will head to Oxford to get a one-year Master's instead. Good for him, he didn't wanna pass up the tremendous opportunity to go there as a Rhodes Scholar. He'll be available next year but it will cost him, he'll most likely wind up a late rounder.

Can't fault a guy for knowing there's more to life than football. He wants to be a neurosurgeon and open a clinic in the Bahamas after his playing days are over.

I'd love to take this guy next year in the mid-rounds. He is a solid all-around player.

Myron didn't declare for the draft this year, so i'm not sure he's eligible to be drafted. He has said he'll enter the draft in 2010. Probably go as a mid rounder next season. This year, i'm guessing he would have been a mid to late 2nd rounder. He's got a good head on his shoulders. He'll stay in shape and continue with his training and prepping for the NFL.

While Myron might not have the ESPN highlights or stats, he was a rock back there his entire time here. Lots of teams simply looked the other way and avoided his side of the field when possible.

Myron didn't declare for the draft this year, so i'm not sure he's eligible to be drafted. He has said he'll enter the draft in 2010. Probably go as a mid rounder next season. This year, i'm guessing he would have been a mid to late 2nd rounder. He's got a good head on his shoulders. He'll stay in shape and continue with his training and prepping for the NFL.

While Myron might not have the ESPN highlights or stats, he was a rock back there his entire time here. Lots of teams simply looked the other way and avoided his side of the field when possible.

What he said. Myron would be a nice fit at free safety.

Leonard Smith, he was a safety too, I belive, man could he bring it. Very hard hitting safety.

Can't recall if he was a good overall one, but he hit like a ton of bricks.

Yes..he was a VERY good one and one of the best all time vet signings in Bills history. IMHO.

Hey Dick, is that you?