Tony Dungy Stepping down as Colts HC

Justice

Middleton's hit against Cowart termed 'unethical' by Bills

Tampa Bay head coach Tony Dungy disagreed. Cowart was blitzing on the play and when Middleton went to cut him, Cowart shifted direction to follow Bucs quarterback Shaun King, Dungy said.

Replays showed that Cowart was at the line of scrimmage when he was hit by Middleton, nowhere near King who was scrambling 10 yards deep in the backfield before he threw the ball away.

Dungy stood by what he saw.

"After looking at the tape I don't feel like our guy did anything illegal or not in the framework of our rules," he said.

==============================

!@#$ Tony Dungy. :wallbash:

Maybe the Colts will trade us two 7th rounders to get Jauron as their coach. He's another player's coach who has familiarity with the Cover 2. It'll be like when Tampa Bay replaced Dungy with Gruden and traded 2 first rounders to do so.

I'll give indy a 3rd if they'll take Jauron.

He also doesn't scream so it is obvious he doesn't care about winning.

I was just about to make the point that " Jauron is exactly like Dungy" when I saw these posts. Inspired posts, they were. If we had Manning, we'd be winning like crazy, too. Players win games, not coaches.

Middleton's hit against Cowart termed 'unethical' by Bills

Tampa Bay head coach Tony Dungy disagreed. Cowart was blitzing on the play and when Middleton went to cut him, Cowart shifted direction to follow Bucs quarterback Shaun King, Dungy said.

Replays showed that Cowart was at the line of scrimmage when he was hit by Middleton, nowhere near King who was scrambling 10 yards deep in the backfield before he threw the ball away.

Dungy stood by what he saw.

"After looking at the tape I don't feel like our guy did anything illegal or not in the framework of our rules," he said.

==============================

!@#$ Tony Dungy. :beer:

It was a cheap shot- by Dungy did the right thing by publicly sticking with his guy- I know fans tend to like anarchy and controversy, but there is a reason that people like Tony Dungy are better than those type of people (not saying you are part of that crowd). That type of play is not typical of a Dungy coached team.

Bottom line is that Dungy will be in enshrined in Canton in a few years