Byron Leftwich ? Free Agent, Can help Bills

Chuckknox

I bumped into Lefwich a few weeks ago. I came out of my office building in downtown Pittsburgh and literally bumped into the guy as he got out of his Lexis with his lady. I stared at him, walked by, did a double take, and then two seconds later in dawned on me, "that 6'5" baby-faced, rich dude is Byron Leftwich!"

how much faith is needed in a backup QB's health? if he has to start the chances of winning go down anyway.

Hmmm.. you must have not gotten the point of my post.

Someone pointed out their lack of faith in Edwards ability to stay healthy and I was simply questioning the logic of signing someone who has proved to be as injury prone as our starting quarterback. K?

Hmmm.. you must have not gotten the point of my post.

Someone pointed out their lack of faith in Edwards ability to stay healthy and I was simply questioning the logic of signing someone who has proved to be as injury prone as our starting quarterback. K?

ok, my bad

I can't understand all of the love for Leftwich. Nodboy was inerested when he was available last off-season after his failed tenure with the Falcons. Now because he's holding the clipboard for Big Ben, people love the guy.

I thought he was road kill after his run at Jax and then Atlanta. He looked bad and got beat out.

But, in Pitt he came in as a backup in one game (I'm think' MNF or maybe SNF) and played very well. Did you see that one pass he threw today? About 40 yards and right on the money. Not his fault the WR dropped it.

I've change my tune on Byron. I think he'd make a fine backup and if Trent continues to suck, we can put him in.

Rocket arm? Seriously? Have you ever watched football?

He throws the ball like a baseball pitcher - long take-back motion and not much zip.

Actually he does have one of the strongest arms in the NFL. He CAN throw the ball with a lot of zip. You are, however, quite right about his over-long delivery, which when coupled with his lack of mobility, make him a sitting duck in the pocket. I would say that he is a cross between Bledsoe and Cunningham WITHOUT Cunningham's legs, of course. Still, not a bad option at all as a backup.

I thought he was road kill after his run at Jax and then Atlanta. He looked bad and got beat out.

But, in Pitt he came in as a backup in one game (I'm think' MNF or maybe SNF) and played very well. Did you see that one pass he threw today? About 40 yards and right on the money. Not his fault the WR dropped it.

I've change my tune on Byron. I think he'd make a fine backup and if Trent continues to suck, we can put him in.

Sign the guy from Cleveland...Anderson...he is available and can be a winner....Leftwich has had to many chances, he can't get it done ......whereas Anderson is supplanted by a favorite son....Brady Quinn. But, you bring him in to COMPETE for the starting job.......and recognize that Edwards has not shown enough to be the going in starter next year. Two last season swoons in two years is to much for me...not to mention the lame arm that limits the offense game.....Of course, that is Jauron's game anyhow....no home run game at all. Actually , Edwards is a great Jauron QB, no need to worry about him throwing the 50 yard bomb.....and not valued for that anyhow by the head coach. Anderson will not be cheap, but a legitimate starter in my view.

Sign the guy from Cleveland...Anderson...he is available and can be a winner....Leftwich has had to many chances, he can't get it done ......whereas Anderson is supplanted by a favorite son....Brady Quinn. But, you bring him in to COMPETE for the starting job.......and recognize that Edwards has not shown enough to be the going in starter next year. Two last season swoons in two years is to much for me...not to mention the lame arm that limits the offense game.....Of course, that is Jauron's game anyhow....no home run game at all. Actually , Edwards is a great Jauron QB, no need to worry about him throwing the 50 yard bomb.....and not valued for that anyhow by the head coach. Anderson will not be cheap, but a legitimate starter in my view.

Anderson was AWFUL this year. No two ways about it. His benching was as much to do with his play as it was Brady Quinn sitting on the bench.

And don't forget he just signed a 3-year, $24M deal last year. $8M per is a lot of cash to tie up on a guy who will likely be the backup, and honestly, even when he was playing well, I didn't see much to like about his game - certainly not enough to make him the starter.

Rocket arm? Seriously? Have you ever watched football?

He throws the ball like a baseball pitcher - long take-back motion and not much zip.

That is the guys biggest problem IMO,he holds the ball low and slings it side arm almost,his delivery is horrid.

What made Marino so great was his ability to get the ball out so fast that DB's didn't have time to react,this guy is almost the opposite.