Jim Leonard

Did anyone notive in the Baltimore game, that Jim Leonard made more positive a dn gamr changing plays in this one gamr than "Our" Ko Simpson made all year. A real tribute to our player evaluation staff., ever Bannan had a decent gamr, not as game changing as Leonard but he held his own against a very good offensivline, and the Ravens gor both players for not a lot of money.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anyone notive in the Baltimore game, that Jim Leonard made more positive a dn gamr changing plays in this one gamr than Lil' Donte made in 3 years. A real tribute to our player evaluation staff., ever Bannan had a decent gamr, not as game changing as Leonard but he held his own against a very good offensivline, and the Ravens gor both players for not a lot of money.
Lil' Jim made more positive and game changing plays in this one playoff game than Lil' Donte has made in 3 years. He's not Lil' Jim anymore, just Jim. :unsure:

Did anyone notive in the Baltimore game, that Jim Leonard made more positive a dn gamr changing plays in this one gamr than "Our" Ko Simpson made all year. A real tribute to our player evaluation staff., ever Bannan had a decent gamr, not as game changing as Leonard but he held his own against a very good offensivline, and the Ravens gor both players for not a lot of money.

Big fan, huh? Why can't you spell his name?

Jim Leonhard wasn't a standout with the Bills, and probably wouldn't be on the field veru much, if he was still on the team. I actually liked Jim when he was with the team, because he played a very smart game. But, in the Bills passive defense he did not, and would not, make the impact he can make on the attacking Raven's defense.

Leonhard should buy the Baltimore front seven new cars for making a serviceable journeyman look damn productive.

Leonhard should buy the Baltimore front seven new cars for making a serviceable journeyman look damn productive.

:unsure:

I've never understood people who can't admit that players who leave Buffalo could possibly be good.

Big fan, huh? Why can't you spell his name?

Jim Leonhard wasn't a standout with the Bills, and probably wouldn't be on the field veru much, if he was still on the team. I actually liked Jim when he was with the team, because he played a very smart game. But, in the Bills passive defense he did not, and would not, make the impact he can make on the attacking Raven's defense.

To be fair Dean, I've heard/seen Ray Lewis, Reed and co describe their defense as bend but don't break several times. I think the difference is, when we blitz our guys (except Mitchell really) run into blocks and the ravens guys run into the ballcarrier.

He's not terrible but he's certainly not "good". He's a decent player who won't get you killed if he's surrounded by enough talent.
David Tyree is certainly not 'good', but he helped the Giants win a Super Bowl last year. Jim Leonhard has already helped the Ravens win 2 playoff games... he's definitely not hurting the team with his play. :unsure:

I've never understood people who can't admit that players who leave Buffalo could possibly be good.

I've never understood people who can't admit that when some people leave Buffalo and become or remain productive, a lot of it has to do with the players around them and the system. Not saying that Leonhard isn't a good smart player, because he is, but if anyone here doesn't think Whitner or even Simpson would be making more of an impact if they're wearing the purple and gold rather than the Buffalo blue, you are kidding yourself.

What? Do people not admit that Pat Williams is good? Winfield? Clements? Fletcher? (OK, some of you never thought he was good, but you were wrong)

I would change your comment and say, "I've never understood people who can't admit that players who leave Buffalo just might not be that great."

Sometimes a guy is decent, but can look bad on one team (because of the surrounding talent, the scheme, etc) and pretty good, on another (for the same reasons).

dude.......spell check!

Compare the Ravens' front-7 this year with the Bills' front-7 the past couple years and it's like comparing a Ferrari to a Yugo. It's great that he's being put in position to make plays, but when Dawan Landy is healthy again, he'll start again.

I've never understood people who can't admit that when some people leave Buffalo and become or remain productive, a lot of it has to do with the players around them and the system. Not saying that Leonhard isn't a good smart player, because he is, but if anyone here doesn't think Whitner or even Simpson would be making more of an impact if they're wearing the purple and gold rather than the Buffalo blue, you are kidding yourself.
Doesn't really matter, you can play what-if all you want. Right now, Jim Leonhard is recognized as a solid contributor to a very good (possibly great) football team, while Lil' Donte & Ko are recognized as 2 bitches on a mediocre football team. Maybe things change in the future, but that's the way it stands right now.

What? Do people not admit that Pat Williams is good? Winfield? Clements? Fletcher? (OK, some of you never thought he was good, but you were wrong)

I should've changed it to, ""I've never understood people who can't admit that players who we thought sucked in Buffalo and then leave might be better than we thought."

Nobody wanted Pat, Winfield and Clements to leave. I'm talking more about players like Coy Wire, Jim Leonhard, Bannon, etc.

Doesn't really matter, you can play what-if all you want. Right now, Jim Leonhard is recognized as a solid contributor to a very good (possibly great) football team, while Lil' Donte & Ko are recognized as 2 bitches on a mediocre football team. Maybe things change in the future, but that's the way it stands right now.

Alright then, let's go ahead and trade Donte to the Ravens for a 5th round pick. See how he does in Baltimore next year...

Sorry about the typing errors and name spelling errors but I think the point is very valid an d it would seem that is what is important, but thanks for the spellcheck suggestion, now do the same for your 1st graders tomorrow.

whee ahl hafe dem......lol