Need help at Receiver

gflande1

I think you keep your line-up the way it is. The only change I might make is sitting Mohammed, in place of Porter or possibly Coles. WR, in my opinion (outside of TO and Moss) is the biggest crapshoot in fantasy football. I had Porter and dumped him last week, just before he had his breakout game of the season. If Collins keeps his shiiiiitttt together this week, Porter should benefit. Despite his numbers, he is the best WR the Raiders have, and he has been doing lots of whining to the press about not getting enough balls thrown his way. It seemed to pay off last week, for him.

• 2 weeks later...
Still looking for answers at wide receiver. I started Coles instead of stockley this week. With McNabb having such a bad game, I lost this week. Do you see anyone on my team that would be good trade bait for a decent wide receiver?

108549[/snapback]

I would try to trade Shockey for a good reciever....unless you can start two tight ends, Gonzalez is the best, week in week out. You do not need both. I have him too, and I have Marvin Harrison as my #1 receiver. Most weeks, Gonzalez outperforms Harrison, so I look at him as having an extra wide reciver. It is a big advantage, because most TE's are not very productive. Whatever I get from my number two reciever (like you I have mediocre reciever depth) is a bonus. See if you can trade Shockey for Reggie Wayne, Marcus Robinson, or Donald Driver. All three of these guys are streaky, but all play in wide open passing offenses, and are guaranteed to get you some points every week, or at least more than having Shockey on your bench. Shockey is a name TE, so someone is bound to give you something for him....good luck! If Shockey doesn't work, throw in one of your other WR's (not Moulds or Mohammed) to sweeten the pot, if your leauge allows 2 for 1 deals!

With Priest Holmes injured, do you think I should try and trade him for a top shelf wide receiver?

111681[/snapback]

NFW. He's only out for a game or two. You have to think about your line up for the playoffs.

Try to package one of your decent receivers (Porter or Coles) plus Shockey and/or a RB (Bettis' stock is high right now) for a higher caliber WR.

Ive offered two different trades:

L Coles and E. Smith for J Walker

and

L Coles and E. Smith for R. Wayne

113030[/snapback]

If I was either of the other owners, I wouldn't make the trade. Why are you so attatched to Shockey? Does your leauge allow you to start two TE's? You already have Tony Gonzalez, far and away the most consistant TE in the NFL. Shockey, if healthy (always a major concern with him) will have 1 good game for every 3 bad games.

Im not attached to shockey....just didnt think with is current rating (yahoo fantasy) that he would be all that valuable. sorry...im not very strong when it comes to other teams....GO BILLS

113533[/snapback]

TE is one position where there are very few good, reliable players. Granted, there are a few more decent ones this season than in years past, but I would look at the rosters of the other teams in your leauge. If you see someone that has a decent #2 WR, and has a nobody at TE, they will likely jump at the chance to get Shockey. He is one of about 4 or 5 name TE's in the leauge, but you already have the best one (Gonzalez) so Shockey is just a waste of value, the way I see it. If both players are healthy, I can't see any scenario where you would start Shockey over Gonzaelez. Just try to trade Shockey, I bet someone will give you something you can use for him. Try to target a WR from a team that is heavy on passing (Indy, GB, and Minnesota are all in that category). Also, check your leauge's waiver wire, and see if anyone has already picked up Michael Clayton, or even our own Lee Evans. Clayton has queitly been putting up the best numbers of any rookie WR in the leauge, and Brian Griese is going to him a lot in Tampa Bay. The Bucs will be passing a lot down the stretch...good luck!

I think if you sit Stokly and start Coles your team's lineup improves drastically. Stokley is too hit or miss, and a 3/4th option to Peyton Manning. Jerry Porter is bust. Muhsin Muhhamed has had his career best days against San Fran, start him for sure. He will score big points this weekend to a 49 defense that has already allowed 14 passing touchdowns.

• 4 weeks later...
With Priest Holmes injured, do you think I should try and trade him for a top shelf wide receiver?

111681[/snapback]

Wish I went with my gut feeling.

Anyways, who would you start at receiver?

B. Stockley *

L. Evans

E. Moulds *

M. Muhammad *

M. Robinson

E. Kennison

* Current starters

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.