Bills Will Beat Cards & Jets

The media has been ripping DB and this team so bad, that I expect them to play with a little bit of fire the next 2 home games. Also, the Jets will be coming off a home Monday Night win vs. the Porpoises.

The Jets are a pretty good team, but they are very beatable at home.

You guys can rip me good if this prediction isn't correct. But, I want to be able to say I said it first if (when) it happens. My gut feelings are usually pretty good. And oh, by the way, . . . after we get to 3-5 and everyone dares talk about a second half playoff push. . . forget it. We get smoked at New England on a Sunday Night game, which will be Drew's last game as a Buffalo Bills starting QB. . . I feel it in me bones. Let's see how accurate these touts really are.

Howabout instead of just rah rah'ing it, tell us WHY the Bills will beat Arizona and NY? How will the Bills stop both Larry Fitzgerald AND Anquan Boldin? How will they deal with Pennington's deadly accuracy and Curtis Martin's running? How will the statue avoid John Abraham?

And, its always bad to look more than one game ahead and its deadly to look past an opponent. Arizona is much better than people give them credit for. Despite their poor play on the road, this team is on the right path back to respectability and is playing very hard under Dennis Green.

Okay, here goes. . .

The D completely shuts down Emmitt Smith to the tune of about 50 yards. Boldin, Bryant and Fitz have some success, but not a lot. We hold the Cards to 230 total net yards.

Willis runs for 100 + yards AND the first rushing TD all year for us and the first given up by Arizona. Travis is truly an afterthought with 4 carries for 13 yards. DB throws only 24 times (14 for 24) for 185 yards with one TD to Moulds and one "tipped ball" interception.

Bills win 23-13

Bench I printed out your prediction.  If you're close on all those stats, you and I are going to Vegas, my treat.

92520[/snapback]

I have a good gut feeling on this game and those numbers. My gut feelings are usually pretty good (but not always). Let's compare my predictions to the real numbers AFTER the game. Maybe I'll be pretty close.

Howabout instead of just rah rah'ing it, tell us WHY the Bills will beat Arizona and NY? 

92308[/snapback]

Let's just say he knows a guy...Maybe Drew Bledsoe will accidently slam the car door on his throwing hand just before game time. You never know.

PTR

Okay, here goes. . .

The D completely shuts down Emmitt Smith to the tune of about 50 yards. Boldin, Bryant and Fitz have some success, but not a lot. We hold the Cards to 230 total net yards.

Willis runs for 100 + yards AND the first rushing TD all year for us and the first given up by Arizona. Travis is truly an afterthought with 4 carries for 13 yards. DB throws only 24 times (14 for 24) for 185 yards with one TD to Moulds and one "tipped ball" interception.

Bills win 23-13

92316[/snapback]

So far this correct, not bad. Does anyone have the game's real stats to put up against these predictions to compare?

Okay, here goes. . .

E. Smith: 22/64 - Prediction Effectively Correct (but Hambrick added another 53).

Total Offense: 213 - Prediction Effectively Correct

W. McGahee: 30/102 2TD - Prediction Correct

T. Henry: 1/2 - Prediction Effectively correct

D. Bledsoe: 8/17, 81yds 2TD 0INT - Should have considered the weather more. Dropped "sure" interception replaces "tipped ball." Prediction Effectively Correct.

Bills win 23-13

92316[/snapback]

WRONG! But you would have been banned (or laughed off the board) for predicting the "stupid" final score that actually happened.

So how about the Jets?

Ut Oh. . . the Jets look pretty good tonight. We'll definitely have to play our best to beat them. I'll stick with my prediction that we win, but it'll be close.

96094[/snapback]

I think the Bills are a better match-up with the Jets than Miami...

It will be a tough Game that should go down to the wire...If the Bills don't turn the Ball over, I think they win in a close one... B)

Okay folks. . . no applause please. My gut feelings are almost always correct. . .

However, after the Pats lose to the Rams later on today, they'll pound us next week in Foxboro on national TV. . .

106039[/snapback]

You deserve the SWAMI award. Congratulations. Really impressive!