John Kerry sought draft deferment

VRWC

This is the next BIG story to hit the streets. Strap on your hats ladies, this is going to be fun.

Flip Flop No. 1:

Well, after I was denied a deferment, I volunteered for service so I could be an officer and not a grunt.

….. and the story continues

This is the next BIG story to hit the streets.  Strap on your hats ladies, this is going to be fun.

Flip Flop No. 1:

Well, after I was denied a deferment, I volunteered for service so I could be an officer and not a grunt.

6641[/snapback]

The obligatory: "link?"

Don't mean offense but this is the first I've heard of this. And considering all the crap (i.e. lies) flying around . . .

This is the next BIG story to hit the streets.  Strap on your hats ladies, this is going to be fun.

Flip Flop No. 1:

6641[/snapback]

Who cares? Seriously?

Who cares?  Seriously?

6651[/snapback]

This little story has been circulating around the building to the left the past few days. I have no proof or other valid source but it does sound like a very interesting story if true.

Who cares? Who cares? Are you for real?

If it turns out that this is in fact true, this blows Kerry and the dems right out of the water. Of course the press will make light of this and blow it off as some sort of right wing propaganda and that it just doesn't matter. But it does in this case.

It doesn't really bother me that someone requested a deferment based on valid grounds but to criticize others for doing so when in fact you did the same thing but where denied really stinks to hi heaven.

Kerry will have some splanin to do.

This little story has been circulating around the building to the left the past few days.  I have no proof or other valid source but it does sound like a very interesting story if true.

Who cares?  Who cares?  Are you for real?

If it turns out that this is in fact true, this blows Kerry and the dems right out of the water.  Of course the press will make light of this and blow it off as some sort of right wing propaganda and that it just doesn't matter. But it does in this case.

It doesn't really bother me that someone requested a deferment based on valid grounds but to criticize others for doing so when in fact you did the same thing but where denied really stinks to hi heaven.

6710[/snapback]

Yeah, who cares. I'm sure plenty of upstanding citizens have stories of trying to avoid being sent to Vietnam. Had he cut and run to Canada, that would be a story. A man deciding to face the inevitable in a manner that gives him some control over events...frankly, that's just good judgement.

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
Yeah, who cares.  I'm sure plenty of upstanding citizens have stories of trying to avoid being sent to Vietnam.  Had he cut and run to Canada, that would be a story.  A man deciding to face the inevitable in a manner that gives him some control over events...frankly, that's just good judgement.

6735[/snapback]

Unfortunately, that war and the entire 60's generation caused a liberal-conservative split that I'm afraid will never heal itself... back then, 'hate the war, not the soldier' really didn't exist. I still can't believe people were stupid enough to go after vets like they did... all those drugs, the counterculture, and the stubbornness to fight a war that we could not win properly really Zeiglered America real good. I saw a really good indication of our coming together after 9-11, but a few months later, the split returned again because of the Iraqi war.

This little story has been circulating around the building to the left the past few days.  I have no proof or other valid source but it does sound like a very interesting story if true.

Who cares?  Who cares?  Are you for real?

If it turns out that this is in fact true, this blows Kerry and the dems right out of the water.  Of course the press will make light of this and blow it off as some sort of right wing propaganda and that it just doesn't matter. But it does in this case.

6710[/snapback]

No proof, no source. Hmmmm, you must be a Fox correspondent.

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
No proof, no source.  Hmmmm, you must be a Fox correspondent.

6952[/snapback]

This is what I saw on Fox throughout the actual combat phase while I was on deployment:

BREAKING NEWS ON FOX!!

They found what appears to be WMD in so and so!!!

Ummm, we have reports that they are verifying the contents of the apparent WMD.

The supposed WMD have been verified to not be them at all, just ____.

I stopped believing that crap after several BREAKING NEWS spots... Needless to say I kept it on CNN the rest of the time, and went up to CC to get the actual story on what was going on.

I can't believe how bad FOX NEWS has gotten... They report every little bit of innuendo and anybody's claims!

This is what I saw on Fox throughout the actual combat phase while I was on deployment:

BREAKING NEWS ON FOX!!

They found what appears to be WMD in so and so!!!

Ummm, we have reports that they are verifying the contents of the apparent WMD.

The supposed WMD have been verified to not be them at all, just ____.

I stopped believing that crap after several BREAKING NEWS spots... Needless to say I kept it on CNN the rest of the time, and went up to CC to get the actual story on what was going on.

I can't believe how bad FOX NEWS has gotten... They report every little bit of innuendo and anybody's claims!

6959[/snapback]

Yeah, none of the other networks did/do that. It's not systemic in the American media to be first rather than correct. :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

I was listening to Err America the other day and they were passing a story that one of their insiders at Fox said that Dick Cheney was in the building at 1:00 AM meeting with the staff. I'm sure that was true.