God Will Not Allow Buffalo to Win SB

It is a given: God will not allow Buffalo to win the Superbowl. 4 straight losses and Norwood's kick are enought to convince me. The Redsox ended their curse, but I always felt that a city like Boston had a winning tradition behind it's teams. Buffalo? Give me a break. I can't even picture a championship. Neither the Bills or Sabres. They're a combined 0-6 in their last 6 trys for a championship. Sheer odds and law of averages says that at least 1 or 2 of those should have been won by Buffalo. I believe there is something else going on here.

And please don't try to bring up the Bills AFL titles in 64 and 65. The AFL was clearly viewed as the lesser league back then, and it was before I was even born. It also was not viewed as the championship, that went to the NFL. I'm talking about the more recent past. And with the sate of the Bills and Sabres, do any of you really see a championship title in the foreseeable future? How about ever?

Who else has let the current state of the Buffalo teams get to them like I have? Who agrees and who is still optimistic?

Relax, Cigarette-Smoking Man is through. It'll happen someday.

Lydon: I'm working on next month's Oscar nominations. Any preference?

Cigarette-Smoking Man: I couldn't care less. What I don't want to see is the Bills winning the Super Bowl. As long as I'm alive, that doesn't happen.

Jones: That'll be tough, sir. Buffalo wants it bad.

Cigarette-Smoking Man: So did the Soviets in '80.

Jones: What are you saying? That you rigged the Olympic hockey game?

Cigarette-Smoking Man: What's the matter? Don't you believe in miracles?

I mentioned them. I said that they were before I was even born and were in a league that was considered the lesser league as compared to the NFL.

91959[/snapback]

Young man you really would have had seen that team and games, those Bills didnt have to have their heads down to anyone. Those teams were Champions. Our time will come again and as hard as it is when its happens it will be that much sweeter to those who endure. If Championship seasons came so often they wouldnt be special. :(

When its does it will be a magic , its good to enjoy the moments we have for they will not come again.

Young man you really would have had seen that team and games, those Bills didnt have to have their heads down to anyone.  Those teams were Champions.  Our time will come again and as hard as it is when its happens it will be that much sweeter to those who endure.  If Championship seasons came so often they wouldnt be special.  :(

When its does it will be a magic , its good to enjoy the moments we have for they will not come again.

92036[/snapback]

I'm sure those we're great teams, and great times for Buffalo. My point is that I want to witness, with my own two eyes, a championship for the city of Buffalo. Preferably a Super Bowl, but the Stanley Cup would be a decent consolation prize.

Not ALL Buffalo sports teams are cursed. The Buffalo Bandits have won championships in the MILL/NLL.

Speaking of which, Minnesota was awarded a new franchise (the Swarm), and the Bandits are the Swarm's fhome opener. I've got season tickets. :(

CW

I'm sure those we're great teams, and great times for Buffalo. My point is that I want to witness, with my own two eyes, a championship for the city of Buffalo. Preferably a Super Bowl, but the Stanley Cup would be a decent consolation prize.

92043[/snapback]

I understand that, thing is that is what makes it so special,there are so many who never do have that special time, my guess is that there are many on board who rooted with family members, friends now gone and every game at the Ralph remember those times wih Moms and Dads and those special friends its what builds the passion. I think often we shorten the winning season, its more than one single season its a composite of generations going to games enduring the crap and losing , the bad coaches , the referees , close loses, the great players , plays so dam close, its all that stuff and sharing it with others and remembering others that make it special. Hell ya , we all want that magic season, I hear you.

It is a given: God will not allow Buffalo to win the Superbowl. 4 straight losses and Norwood's kick are enought to convince me. The Redsox ended their curse, but I always felt that a city like Boston had a winning tradition behind it's teams. Buffalo? Give me a break. I can't even picture a championship. Neither the Bills or Sabres. They're a combined 0-6 in their last 6 trys for a championship. Sheer odds and law of averages says that at least 1 or 2 of those should have been won by Buffalo. I believe there is something else going on here.

And please don't try to bring up the Bills AFL titles in 64 and 65. The AFL was clearly viewed as the lesser league back then, and it was before I was even born. It also was not viewed as the championship, that went to the NFL. I'm talking about the more recent past. And with the sate of the Bills and Sabres, do any of you really see a championship title in the foreseeable future? How about ever?

Who else has let the current state of the Buffalo teams get to them like I have? Who agrees and who is still optimistic?

91949[/snapback]

Yes, he's tossing and turning in his sleep over the state of our team.

Right.

Like the Muslims in his Holy Cities aren't taking up his time right now.

Pats, Ravens, Bucs win Superbowls. Lightning wins the Cup. Red Sox, Diamonbacks, Marlins win World Series'. The gloves are off. G_d has nothing to do with it. Anyone can win any sport at any time (except UB will never win the NCAA football championship:)

I will say that the Sabres probably have a better shot at winning the Cup than the Bills the Superbowl over the next decade. Bills will be chasing the dream for a Looooooooong time.