Texas-Ohio State

ExiledInIllinois

Absolutely the worst play calling I can remember seeing in a big game. Tressel should be friggin ashamed of himself after that. The whole game was horrible (by both teams), but the defense on that last drive was insane. Texas needs a TD, so what do they do? Blitz safeties, LB's....sometimes both from the same side of the field! Yeah, good idea. Give the QB with the highest completion percentage in NCAA history a few one on one match-ups with no deep help.

Unreal.

I had to go to bed early (have a trial scheduled today) and missed the second half.

I can't believe that Ohio State hung with the 'Horns as long as they did...and nearly won the game. I thought the signs were pointing toward a Texas blowout.

Nice comeback by the 'Horns. Still, though I probably would've said it a lot nicer, I find myself in agreement w/ a lot of what Mike Freeman wrote of this game on CBS Sportsline.

The more & more I think about it, the more I really think that Florida is going to lay the wood big time against Oklahoma Thursday. Outside of Nebraska, who played an average ACC team, I really do not like how any of the Big 12 teams have looked in the bowls this year. Ole Miss beat tech convincingly, Missouri struggled for most of the night against a Northwestern team that got drilled by Penn ST, Mich St & Ohio ST. Oklahoma St loses to Oregon, a team from a league that most observers say stunk for most of the year. I think it is pretty obvious that the Big 12 was overrated all year.

I thought Texas was going to destroy Ohio St but after watching that game last night I am more convinced then ever that Texas would got their lunch handed to them by Florida. Could it be that after watching the Rose Bowl/Sugar Bowl, that the more deserving team that could give Florida a better game would of been USC or Utah rather then Oklahoma?

I thought Texas was going to destroy Ohio St but after watching that game last night I am more convinced then ever that Texas would got their lunch handed to them by Florida. Could it be that after watching the Rose Bowl/Sugar Bowl, that the more deserving team that could give Florida a better game would of been USC or Utah rather then Oklahoma?

That was absolutely the worst I've seen our lines perform on both sides of the ball all year. They faced much better lines in Oklahoma than Ohio State, and creamed them. The blocking was terrible, I don't understand wtf was wrong.

That was absolutely the worst I've seen our lines perform on both sides of the ball all year. They faced much better lines in Oklahoma than Ohio State, and creamed them. The blocking was terrible, I don't understand wtf was wrong.

The only other thing I could think of is that they were so disappointed about not being in the NC that they played flat for most of the game. These bowl games are funny. I have seen it time & time again where the better team does not win or wins by pulling out a late rally because they have no interest in being in that particular bowl.

I was very surprised that the game was so competitive. I said going in that if OSU was to have a chance at winning they would have to alternate their two qb's (Pryor the runner and Boeckman the passer). It worked somewhat but that is what OSU should have been doing all season especially after first implementing the strategy against SC. There were times when the two qb system seemed to be throwing OSU off more than Texas. Familiarity would have helped the Buckeyes if they had used the two qb system more during the season. I also said that if OSU (or anybody is going to lose a game, a fight, etc.), go out swinging until the end. I think the Buckeyes did that. Beyond that, what else could they do? It seems that Beanie Wells has some durability issues so declaring for the draft is probably a good choice.

The thing about these bowl games is that there is so much time to scout each other. That is good if you can prepare your team to bring something new to match the other team's strengths. The bad thing is that the opposition is trying to do the same against you. If you can't adjust you probably lose. The Longhorns adjusted in the second half. I don't think the Longhorns were playing bad it was just that OSU prepared well for them.

As for Colt McCoy and the Longhorns, I do believe McCoy should have won the Heisman and Texas should have been in the BCS Final. I think McCoy's dual threat of pass and run would have made a better matchup against Florida (even though the Sooners gave the Gators a good fight).

Sometimes I look at a qb's stats such as when one throws more than 400 yards and I wonder where was the defense, where was the blitz? But the Buckeyes did blitz McCoy and he still was launching lasers. McCoy is probably coming back but he is ready for the NFL now. That was the best bowl game of this bowl season. Both teams put on an intense show as evidenced by the multitude of injuries. The hitting was vicious. Nice win Longhorns.

That was the best bowl game of this bowl season. Both teams put on an intense show as evidenced by the multitude of injuries. The hitting was vicious. Nice win Longhorns.

I don't think you watched a lot of bowl games. That was one ugly game.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.