Obama's pessimism

Obama has been banging the "we're doomed" drum far too much. At some point, a leader needs to STFU and start talking optimism. I hope that at some point he gets that, especially because some of the current economic doom is psychologically driven.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090105/ap_on_...mi8pfyt6dEEtbAF

As they've stated before, they want to bring expectations down. Not sure how much further he needs to go. :lol:

Talk about kicking someone when they're down though. How many times can you punch someone in the face and tell them its almost over. ( I know, Bills fan references on the PPP are Passe :thumbsup: )

Last I heard Peggy's on the Sunshine Skyway bridge teetering toward the Abyss.

Obama has been banging the "we're doomed" drum far too much. At some point, a leader needs to STFU and start talking optimism. I hope that at some point he gets that, especially because some of the current economic doom is psychologically driven.

What do you expect from a lying Communist fraud? The parties over Tards , he can't cover it up any longer.

What do you expect from a lying Communist fraud? The parties over Tards , he can't cover it up any longer.

I think you mean party's, party is or parties are - possibly parties're, but that's probably making up a new word.

Either way, grammar correction lends at least as much value as your same old drivel.

I think you mean party's, party is or parties are - possibly parties're, but that's probably making up a new word.

Either way, grammar correction lends at least as much value as your same old drivel.

Oh Oh the Tard spelling police . My grammar died years ago. Your eyes must be brown from having it inserted in your place where the sun don't shine.

Would you prefer that he lies to us like the Bush Administration did (We're not in a recession)?

You can't tell me that the Bush boys didn't see this coming. I prefer the truth to a glossing over of it. The fact of the matter is, Mr. Sunshine, that we aren't close to the end of this regardless of how good Obama choses to say things are.

You're right. I wish he would have just said that the Iraq insurgency is in its last throes.

Would you prefer that he lies to us like the Bush Administration did (We're not in a recession)?

You can't tell me that the Bush boys didn't see this coming. I prefer the truth to a glossing over of it. The fact of the matter is, Mr. Sunshine, that we aren't close to the end of this regardless of how good Obama choses to say things are.

No sh*t. Not only does he have to speak in very real terms about the challenges we face he's actually going to have to utter the S word, SACRIFICE. I feel if GDub would have been forthright from the beginning instead of trying to paint a rosy picture that we all knew didn't reflect reality, Americans would have been far more forgiving. Hell, we would have been downright understanding and ready to do whatever he thought we needed to do to get the country going again. We've done it before. Many times. If Obama is smart he'll speak with optimism but only as it relates to our responsibility to stake a claim in any turnaround we'd like to see. If not, he should just tell us to go shopping.

No sh*t. Not only does he have to speak in very real terms about the challenges we face he's actually going to have to utter the S word, SACRIFICE. I feel if GDub would have been forthright from the beginning instead of trying to paint a rosy picture that we all knew didn't reflect reality, Americans would have been far more forgiving. Hell, we would have been downright understanding and ready to do whatever he thought we needed to do to get the country going again. We've done it before. Many times. If Obama is smart he'll speak with optimism but only as it relates to our responsibility to stake a claim in any turnaround we'd like to see. If not, he should just tell us to go shopping.

Agreed. McCain got it right during the campaign in criticizing Bush after 9/11. Quoting him loosely, he said that "After 9/11, GW should've talked to the American people about sacrifice not about going shopping".

That's the conundrum we face in this situation. To fundamentally fix what ails us, we need to save more as a nation and get our personal and Gov't finances in order. But to quell the pain, we're printing dinero at the cyclic rate, which may be a short term elixir, but long term will allow the situation to worsen.