How did we lose Jim Leonhard ?

gsurdam

Kelly wasn't responding to a question about his thoughts regarding the rehiring of his pathetic head coach. And, while Kelly's statements often showed his bravado, they weren't the reason he had it. Some bold and terrific players are softer spoken, or not well spoken.

If you don't like a player because of the way he plays, fine. To believe that talk = ability, or heart, is crazy.

When you think about it, a quote that basically says "we like coach Jauron" and "it gives us continuity" could be the safest way to say, "well, I guess having some continuity is a positive, if we have to keep this limp Dick".

How can you see these video clips and think these guys are just following the script? They genuinely love the guy. That doesn't mean we fans have to, but the players DO love the guy, you can see it in their faces. Which gives me some hope. They know much better than we do whether the coaches put them in position to win, and they seriously want Jauron back.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at night practice twice. I saw them do a lot of nothing. I did see James Hardy catch a long pass down the middle for a touchdown. Other than that, zero, zilch, nada. Oh yeah, they worked on punt coverage. I heard some kid call JP Adam Sandler too.

I see, they just sat around and ate sandwiches? Talked about the weather? Clipped their toenails? Well, I admit that would be discouraging.

I saw two practices, one at night and one during the day. They split up into position groups and did extensive skill drills. Then they did some punt and kick coverage. Then they 9 on 7 and then they did 11 on 11. That was the day practice. At night there were fewer position drills and more running of plays. I saw no time at all where they were doing nothing.

He's playing forward instead of backwards. He's attacking now instead of waiting.

He's a very smart player with a big heart. He doesn't have great measurables but he does know what to do.

He looked bad with us because after the opposing guard took on the LB he only had to tackle a RB with a head full of steam. Not an easy task and not a very good way to look good on a football field.