Teams that did less with their talent

billybob

Cleveland 4-12

Cincinnati 4-11-1

New Orleans 8-8

Houston 8-8

Dallas 9-7

San Diego just escaped being in this group- I bring this up, because these teams have the type of players, I think to myself- if only the Bills had a guy like that we'd be going to the playoffs- you have highly regarded QBs, Big time receivers, star DEs and DTs and yet not much more production than the Bills.

Bills have enough solid players to be in the playoffs. Lets stop making the excuses and start holding the plaers accountable to playing up to their abilities. You don't NEED star players to make the playoffs---it certainly helps, but the Dolphins definitely proved that it can be done with solid players playing up to their abilities....

What got me looking at this was when I was checking out Owen Daniels TE and I started looking at Houston- QB with a very good QB rating, stud WR, very productive RB, and TE, highly rated DE, MLB - much hyped DT- some of these teams had injuries but you could say the same about the Bills - Edwards, Schobel, Reed, Greer and Crowell plus the Peters disaster- my point is I thought I knew where you have to be good to win- but I look at these teams and think it's a little more complicated and mysterious.

I would not say Schobel comes close to Mario Williams...but I would DEFINITLY not say that JOSH REED is a STUD WR who comes even close to the same strastosphere as Andre Johnson! NOT EVEN CLOSE! I would take Johnson over Reed AND Evans...TOGETHER! He is a Top-5 WR in this league.

Bills have enough solid players to be in the playoffs. Lets stop making the excuses and start holding the plaers accountable to playing up to their abilities. You don't NEED star players to make the playoffs---it certainly helps, but the Dolphins definitely proved that it can be done with solid players playing up to their abilities....

ok I just looked at the Fins depth chart and I hate to say it but I think they do have better players- and they have better coaching- the upside for the Bills is Pennington is not a long term solution and neither is Favre.