Lawyer Milloy

CJPearl2

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking of which, I don't think I heard Coy Wire's name called once tonight and he was a starting LB (I actually like Coy, but he disappeared tonight).

Yeah, all he did was lead the team in tackles. :worthy:

Re-check that. It's impossible to have a subpar starter on a postseason team.

No, but if they had a terrible starting LB (Wire) and a terrible starting safety (Milloy), then chances are they don't make 11-5.

EDIT: Wire was 2nd string LB.

But if it makes everyone feel better to think that Buffalo only lets go of crappy players and never lets go of good/average players, so be it.

Now that the game's over and it's clear he was torched repeatedly (that Boldin TD for about a mile was all Milloy, for ex.), can we all agree that not all of our castoffs become all pros elsewhere? Speaking of which, I don't think I heard Coy Wire's name called once tonight and he was a starting LB (I actually like Coy, but he disappeared tonight).

if you watched the play you could clearly see he was chipped by another receiver and with that much open field not many other safties are gonna catch Boldin, it was a perfect call against that defense

Milloy is a hard hitting SS that isnt good in coverage, is this really news to anyone

I heard Coy Wire's name mentioned on more then one occassion

Sure, when in doubt go with the eye role. Chapter 1, Page 1 of "Debating by Fezmid".

There's no doubt. The dude was playing with a strained back. He was out in last week's game and could barely walk. He was limited in practice all week. Bottom line, he played great all season long, aside from the first half in today's game.

He's playing far better than any safety in Buffalo, that's for sure. Not bad for an old guy! :worthy:

....like our safeties. Milloy is a stiff, and I would expect Warner to continue to go after him.

Except Whitner, who switches from CB to safety all the time and has good coverage skills.

There's no doubt. The dude was playing with a strained back. He was out in last week's game and could barely walk. He was limited in practice all week. Bottom line, he played great all season long, aside from the first half in today's game.

He's playing far better than any safety in Buffalo, that's for sure. Not bad for an old guy! :D

You're always mentioning this, but Milloy was a poor player for the Bills in 2005. Why would the Bills want to keep him?

Except Whitner, who switches from CB to safety all the time and has good coverage skills.

He switches from CB to safety and has ZERO coverage skills. He is a solid tackler (usually), but has poor ball skills. How many interceptions or passes defensed has this top 10 "franchise player' had in his 3 years? He is not good in coverage, and is average at best as a player.

You're always mentioning this, but Milloy was a poor player for the Bills in 2005. Why would the Bills want to keep him?

The entire defense was poor. I didn't think Milloy himself played all that badly. The run defense was so poor, that Milloy spent most of the game as a 4th linebacker. He was also an assertive veteran leader.

There was no desperate need to get rid of him and replace him in light of the fact that (a) he was not expensive, (b) he was still a pretty good player and © Whitner doesn't represent a significant upgrade.

The entire defense was poor. I didn't think Milloy himself played all that badly. The run defense was so poor, that Milloy spent most of the game as a 4th linebacker. He was also an assertive veteran leader.

There was no desperate need to get rid of him and replace him in light of the fact that (a) he was not expensive, (b) he was still a pretty good player and © Whitner doesn't represent a significant upgrade.

there was absolutely no need to cut Milloy BEFORE the draft.

by doing so, the Bills locked themselves into being forced to spend premium picks on the secondary, thus precluidng filling other more serious, pre-exsiting holes- like the OL and defensive front 7. This stupidity of this move is further compounded because Ngata was the consensus player to be available at the Bills pick. By keeping Milloy, could have given themselves flexibility to draft Ngata if there, or a DB if all other options were gone.

They repeated this concept by trading McGahee and being forced to draft Lynch at #12 instead of filling other more serious holes.

Lynch has been a great player for Buffalo, but again he is not a gamebreaker because he lacks breakaway speed. Not to mention they had a player of similar production in Fred Jackson but had no clue about him, even though he already was their property.

the Bills need new talent evaluators

Sure, when in doubt go with the eye role. Chapter 1, Page 1 of "Debating by Fezmid".

That'd be great if you were actually debating. You weren't. You were being an ass. Your total contributions consisted of:

That obviously means he's good.

Straw-man arguments rule. Pat Williams is a good player. Milloy isn't.

So where is the debate? Yeah, didn't think so. :D

Fact of the matter is that there's a lot of starters from Buffalo cast-offs on teams that people say are coached/GMed well. If they're well coached/GMed, then why would they pick up our castoffs? Oh, maybe because they don't suck as much as some posters would like to believe. Yet you and some others still maintain that they all suck with nothing to actually contribute to the thread.

That'd be great if you were actually debating. You weren't. You were being an ass. Your total contributions consisted of:

That obviously means he's good.

Straw-man arguments rule. Pat Williams is a good player. Milloy isn't.

So where is the debate? Yeah, didn't think so. :D

Fact of the matter is that there's a lot of starters from Buffalo cast-offs on teams that people say are coached/GMed well. If they're well coached/GMed, then why would they pick up our castoffs? Oh, maybe because they don't suck as much as some posters would like to believe. Yet you and some others still maintain that they all suck with nothing to actually contribute to the thread.

i think the problem is some people like to make it seem like everybody we let go is lighting it up, and others react by basically saying that none of the players we let go are any good. The fact is that most are ok players - they're in the NFL for a reason, they're good athletes but there are lots of good athletes that you can replace them with that a coach might think fits their system better. And every team makes mistakes.

i think the problem is some people like to make it seem like everybody we let go is lighting it up, and others react by basically saying that none of the players we let go are any good. The fact is that most are ok players - they're in the NFL for a reason, they're good athletes but there are lots of good athletes that you can replace them with that a coach might think fits their system better. And every team makes mistakes.

That's a fair assessment.

While I don't believe that all of the players we released would've helped us make the playoffs, I just hate reading people who say they suck. Milloy, for example, is one of only 32 starting strong safeties in the entire NFL three years after being released by Buffalo. That alone says he doesn't suck, IMHO.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MillLa00.htm

20/20 hindsight is easy, but at the time he looked like a paycheck collector who simply couldn't cover *anyone*. He has proven he can still play, however -- I'll grant you that. But at the time, I thought that D needed housecleaning. There were some older guys -- Adams (whose 2005 season was unbelievably bad), Vincent, and Milloy -- who didn't seem invested in either the team or Buffalo. Looking back, it may have made sense to keep Milloy, but at the time it didn't look that way.