Why is Matt Millen on Football Night in America?

Steely Dan

Matt Millen  

35 members have voted

1. 1. What thing would be better than Millen in the studio

• A pile of dung
    • A box of rocks
    • A grain of sand
    • Incessant crowing from a chicken
    • A bucket of dead fish
    • Anything and I do mean anything else!!

Pretty bad to think Millen might be an upgrade in a front office. :sick:

Looking at the teams he "built" vs what the Bills' "marketing guy" has done, not only would it be "pretty bad" to think that, it would be a terrible conclusion to come to.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not so fast. Just because Millen got himself fired before the 0-16 got posted doesn't mean the stench of that debacle and the misery he put on the Lions coaches, players, and fans should simply be forgotten because he happened to be on a Bill Walsh team once upon a time. Millen is the primary reason the Lions of 2008 are the worst team ever in the NFL.

I agree - that shouldn't be overlooked. However, his playing career shouldn't be overlooked either. The ostensible rationale of this thread is his ability as a studio analyst, not as a GM. Moreover, he was an excellent color guy before taking the Lions job. No matter how poorly he did as a GM, he's most likely even better prepared to be a top color guy now. He obviously stunk as a GM, but he also probably knows a helluva lot more about the entire process than before.

It's a little premature to start ejaculating applause for Brandon's work.

How do you interpret what I posted as "ejaculating applause"? I simply said they haven't done a worse job than Millen. So far, whatever role Brandon has played, he doesn't seem to be as clueless as Millen was as the Lion's GM. That's pretty faint praise.