Bills NEED a new or improved Strength / conditioning program

Chuckknox

Ralph really needs to invest in improving his program. Bills used to have one of the best programs, they used to get stronger as the season progressed - but not in the last 10 years.

they were so fatigued at the end of the first half last week they couldnt think straight

Ralph really needs to invest in improving his program. Bills used to have one of the best programs, they used to get stronger as the season progressed - but not in the last 10 years.

I agree with this completely - Injuries are up but the most disturbing thing to me is the lack of physical improvement between a players rookie year and second or third season.

The first thing that needs to happen is for our trainer to bulk Schobel back up. He had 36 sacks in 3 seasons at 262lbs. Since 2007 when he dropped to 243lbs, he has had 7.5 sacks and very limited pressures. Why would anybody drop almost 20lbs after recording 14 sacks in 2006???

but even from 04 to 06 a lot of his sacks were junk sacks....still he was a lot better back then

they were so fatigued at the end of the first half last week they couldnt think straight

This was true in earlier games where the defense began giving up a lot of yardage in the 4th quarter. Losing Rusty Jones was one of those "patronage" losses where he was moved out because he wasn't part of the Donahoe/Williams club. Apparently who you're aligned with is more important than your ability on the NFL island. If RW knew what he was doing, he would have told Donahoe/Williams that Rusty Jones stays where he wants, no matter what. The guy liked Buffalo, too, so it made no sense to lose him.

This was true in earlier games where the defense began giving up a lot of yardage in the 4th quarter. Losing Rusty Jones was one of those "patronage" losses where he was moved out because he wasn't part of the Donahoe/Williams club. Apparently who you're aligned with is more important than your ability on the NFL island. If RW knew what he was doing, he would have told Donahoe/Williams that Rusty Jones stays where he wants, no matter what. The guy liked Buffalo, too, so it made no sense to lose him.

I believe it was the deep thinker Mularkey who packed Rusty Jones off to Chicago in favor of somebody he hired from the Steelers staff. Interesting how none of the cast offs (Donahoe, Williams, Mularkey and please don't cite Steve fairchild at CSU) has resurfaced in another situation with any degree of success. Each of their tenures in Buffalo seems to be a personal high water mark... but it is the fans they leave behind who have to endure the product of their combined failure.

I believe it was the deep thinker Mularkey who packed Rusty Jones off to Chicago in favor of somebody he hired from the Steelers staff. Interesting how none of the cast offs (Donahoe, Williams, Mularkey and please don't cite Steve fairchild at CSU) has resurfaced in another situation with any degree of success. Each of their tenures in Buffalo seems to be a personal high water mark... but it is the fans they leave behind who have to endure the product of their combined failure.

Williams and Mularkey have enjoyed reasonable success as coordinators since leaving. Mularkey is still working this week, with a good shot at moving to the next round. Williams didn't do anything spectacular in Washington, but he has always had stout defenses. Even Wade Phillips was doing well as a coordinator in San Diego, before trying to coach the NFC's version of the Bills in Dallas.

This could be as important as the free agent signings we may do. Our guys can't make it through a season anymore without major injury or even just being worn out and tired.

When I mentioned this at the end of last season, people on this board ridiculed me saying I was dumb to make such a comment. The Bills in the past few years are not tough enough to go season long.They get tired easily, they get injured easily.I was right all along. Besides our guys suck in the heat. And the California boys suck in the snow!!

When I mentioned this at the end of last season, people on this board ridiculed me saying I was dumb to make such a comment. The Bills in the past few years are not tough enough to go season long.They get tired easily, they get injured easily.I was right all along. Besides our guys suck in the heat. And the California boys suck in the snow!!

It's always easier to point to something like the coach or quarterback, but if they look deeper it is a very real thing. I understand all teams have injuries, but not all teams have them year after year. Besides that, it's not even injuries so much as just not being ready to play 16 games. It may stem from the top, but something should be done with the strength and conditioning program.

As for the ridicule, that seems to be all some of these posters look to do, it is just easier than actual thought process.