NFL SUNDAY TICKET

major

For eight years, I have watched our Bills on the NFL Sunday ticket. Last season I decided it wasn't worth spending $300 plus on per year. I am trying to find ways to save $ with the economy we have.

Sad to say, after the Bills performance each week, I'm glad I saved my money.

I probably won't get it next year. Anyone else do the same thing with season tickets, individual game tickets, NFL Sunday ticket, etc. this past season?

I get the feeling a lot of Bills fans are going to start cutting back on the Bills if this team doesn't make some serious strides.

I might cut back on Sunday ticket. I can't see spending that much money to watch the Bills lose. I might as well just stick with the local CBS and FOX broadcast. Those games are typically better anyway.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Prior to getting 'The Ticket' 10 - 11 years ago, I went to Sports Bars & trust me, It is much more expensive.

Where are you going for it to be more expensive????

I spent the last five years going to this place called Saggio's here to watch on their multitude of HD TVs, sitting alongside fans of seemingly every other NFL team, as this isn't an NFL town. I spent $3 tops for a slice, $2 for the Pepsi with 25 cent refills. Another $3 if I feel like having two slices. Multiplied by 14 (as at LEAST two games will either be on regular network TV here in Albuquerque) is what? $112 right, maybe $120 with refills?

Sunday Ticket $300 plus tax

SuperFan $100 plus tax

$450 by the time I was done paying for it.

Yeah, I was an idiot for buying into Whitner's guarantee. But next season, I'm back to Saggio's, tellin you that much.

Dumped Direct TV and the NFL Ticket the other day. Will save $1K in 2008 with Comcast phone, TV & internet. $250+ for the NFL ticket was a rip off for the Bills performance last year...hell...every year except for the 6 good ones with Marv, Kelly & company. :angry:

If there is a good game on, the big networks and the NFL station will cover it. If the game sucks...as the Bills games do...then coverage is nil. :nana:

I've been a Bills fan since they were born in 1959 and started playing in '60 or 61 (too many years ago). I am tired of their lack of play, the coaches, the continual imatations of lonnie johnsons, mike williams and todd collins not to mention coaches who couldn't figure out which way the wind was blowing before urinating. :doh:

Maybe...just maybe I'll spend more time with the wife and hit the road (not literally) on the motorcycle during the football season. Yes, we can do that in Florida. You don't think just because I grew up in Cheektowaga that I like cold & shoveling snow...I may be crazy but NOT stupid. :wallbash:

welcome to the internet feed bunch....

This was my first year without Sunday Ticket since '98. To be quite honest, I did not miss it. The players have changed, but the team plays the same as they did four or five years ago. I've heard all of their BS excuses and at this point, I'm not buying anymore. If they're not going to bother trying to upgrade the team and put a quality product on the field, I'm not going to reward it by watching or spending money on it.

My experience has been that if you tell DirecTv you are going to cancel your Sunday Ticket, they will usually give you the Superfam for free. Especially if you have been a subscriber for a few years. I've done it a couple of times.

I've been an NFL Sunday Ticket subscriber since it's inception (1994). I began watching Bills game via my old 10 foot dish (C-band, then Ku-band) in 1988. In 1994, all games were scrambled and the birth of the "ticket", which was available to all big dish subscribers (videocipher II scrambled signal). I believe it was 1998 approximately that DTV got the exclusive rights to the "ticket" and that's when DTV solicited me to join them. Little choice there. I did....

This year I too posed a question to DTV's customer service, which was that I'll never pay for the Super Fan if I don't get a free peek, especially after all my years of being a subcriber. They agreed and this yearm I had the Super fan package for the first time. Mainly just wanted the HD though.

I do have an issue though withg having to pay $10.00 per month additional for HD, and then having to buy the Superfan package on top of it all to get the NFL in HD. "Fezmid" may disagree, but we're being fleeced for the HD in particular.