Here's what I have decided to do.

B-L&hotwings

It is sort of Hollywood though.

If you want to effectively protest, you have to do it in a more publicly visible way than dropping boxes off at different UPS and USPS places. Organize a Bills gear burning. Organize a "Dump your Bills gear" collection site in Buffalo. Of course, if only 4 people show up, then Ralph gets an answer other than what you intended...

A little extreme; the burning and all. My suggestion was for those among us who live a long way from Buffalo. I could burn the stuff in my back yard I guess, but even fewer people would care. For me I still think UPS is going to be the best bet.

I really do think that not buying any bills gear this year might have an impact. I know that if one bills drive started getting big boxes of bills gear the media would pick up on it in a hurry. The would with the burning too, so would the cops probably.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Commission for all team gear (except Cowpokes who negotiated a separate deal) is divided by all teams so I do not think the loss of sales from new gear will impact Ralph Wilson for quite a while. Parking lot revenues and season tickets for club seats are a big deal however.

A little extreme; the burning and all. My suggestion was for those among us who live a long way from Buffalo. I could burn the stuff in my back yard I guess, but even fewer people would care. For me I still think UPS is going to be the best bet.

I really do think that not buying any bills gear this year might have an impact. I know that if one bills drive started getting big boxes of bills gear the media would pick up on it in a hurry. The would with the burning too, so would the cops probably.

So, a silent protest -- other than a few posts on a message board -- "works best." Well, OK.

My comment wasn't simply related to # of posts.

And, I am a poster snob, to a degree. I admit that.

Ah, Yes, it was directly related to # of posts. You, and a few other blowhards, regularly take it upon yourself to scold those of us w/ less than 10,000 posts for having audacity actually POST THEIR OPINION on a message board that you feel you somehow own. Get over yourself. This is a public forum, to, um, post opinions! I remember my very first post getting pillaried w/in minutes by one of you clowns. It's this kind of demeaning negativity that keeps lurkers from joining in WITH THEIR OPINIONS. Having said that, your opinionns are usually among the more well thought out and sensible on this board. But ease up on the "holier than thou", will ya?....

So, a silent protest -- other than a few posts on a message board -- "works best." Well, OK.

I said "...works for me." I also said I live a long way from Buffalo. If you wan't to establish a public drop off for bills gear after next season. That's great! I'll send my stuff to you. Either way the media is going to get involved so it won't be silent.

Until after next year, this forum seems to be the only way to vent. No one else cares.

Get over yourself. This is a public forum, to, um, post opinions!

And my opinion is, that I really dont' care about what posters who have no history here, and no standing in the community, are going to do in protest of the Bills keeping DJ. So get over yourself.

My point wasn't that he didn't have enough posts for me to care. It was that this was his very first post...THIS is what made him decide to post. Not to participate in an established discussion, not to cheer the team after a victory, but to start a thread about what he is going to do (when there are already plenty of threads with people discussing what they might do). There are established members of this community with very few posts...but we have heard from them before. And, they established themselves in the community. You can't establish yourself by simply lurking.

Here's something everyone should see:

BTW, this is NOT a public forum, it is a PRIVATE forum. Now, it isn't my forum, that is true. But, this is a community. The owner of the forum welcomes all to participate (after registration). But, don't be surprised when you come into an established community, that you might be tested in the beginning. That's the way it works in most real life, and Internet, communities.

And my opinion is, that I really dont' care about what posters who have no history here, and no standing in the community, are going to do in protest of the Bills keeping DJ. So get over yourself.

My point wasn't that he didn't have enough posts for me to care. It was that this was his very first post...THIS is what made him decide to post. Not to participate in an established discussion, not to cheer the team after a victory, but to start a thread about what he is going to do (when there are already plenty of threads with people discussing what they might do). There are established members of this community with very few posts...but we have heard from them before. And, they established themselves in the community. You can't establish yourself by simply lurking.

Here's something everyone should see:

BTW, this is NOT a public forum, it is a PRIVATE forum. Now, it isn't my forum, that is true. But, this is a community. The owner of the forum welcomes all to participate (after registration). But, don't be surprised when you come into an established community, that you might be tested in the beginning. That's the way it works in most real life, and Internet, communities.

That was not his 1st post, it was his 9th post. That poor guy you jumped all over the other day for, OMG!, starting a thread, THAT was his 1st post. Way to make people, fellow Bills fans BTW, feel welcome...

[And my opinion is, that I really dont' care about what posters who have no history here, and no standing in the community, are going to do in protest of the Bills keeping DJ. So get over yourself.

Unbelievable. "No standing in the community." So I have to live in or around Buffalo to be pissed about what's going on with the team. And because I've never gotten on this forum to cheer about the bills I'm not qualified to post. My post was about what I'm going to do. I don't think you have the authority, responsibility, or intelligence to critisize any one who posts for any reason regarding their personal oppinions of the Bills. Being my first post I thought had significance because I've never been compelled to post for any other reason until now.

That was not his 1st post, it was his 9th post. That poor guy you jumped all over the other day for, OMG!, starting a thread, THAT was his 1st post. Way to make people, fellow Bills fans BTW, feel welcome...

It was his first post. The total, on any post, is the total for all of your posts. The original post in this thread, is the poster's first post ever here.

He has a right to post...did I dispute that? I have a right to not care about what he has to say, and to express that, too.

[And my opinion is, that I really dont' care about what posters who have no history here, and no standing in the community, are going to do in protest of the Bills keeping DJ. So get over yourself.

Unbelievable. "No standing in the community." So I have to live in or around Buffalo to be pissed about what's going on with the team. And because I've never gotten on this forum to cheer about the bills I'm not qualified to post. My post was about what I'm going to do. I don't think you have the authority, responsibility, or intelligence to critisize any one who posts for any reason regarding their personal oppinions of the Bills. Being my first post I thought had significance because I've never been compelled to post for any other reason until now.

The community is THIS community (The Stadium Wall)...not where you live. And, of course you have a right to post, start a thread, whatever. But, if you have really been lurking for some time, and paid attention, then you would know that newbies take some heat, when they just bang out a new thread, and the topic is themselves. If you really were lurking, you would have seen that there were a plethora of threads where your post would have fit in, just fine.

I suggest a thicker skin is in order.

I like your idea! But heres something for you to think about...

Looking at next years schedule... THIS team isnt going to the playoffs. If you, like me, are in the SE, you can be rooting on your NEW team against the BILLS next year!

This is plan "B" for me unless the bills make a HUGE spash in the Free Agent Market...

Go Falcons!

But what happens when you are in Northern California like me? I am in Niner and Raider territory. I might wait and see what the Niners do next year. But then comes the burning hatred of the Niners, and don't get me started on the Raiders. Maybe I will just wait for the next expansion team.

This sucks. I have been a Bills fan since I was two. I was born and raised in California, and have never been to Buffalo. But I am a Bills fan. What the hell am I gonna do?!!?!?!?!? DAMN IT RALPH. WHY?

The community is THIS community (The Stadium Wall)...not where you live. And, of course you have a right to post, start a thread, whatever. But, if you have really been lurking for some time, and paid attention, then you would know that newbies take some heat, when they just bang out a new thread, and the topic is themselves. If you really were lurking, you would have seen that there were a plethora of threads where your post would have fit in, just fine.

I suggest a thicker skin is in order.

I'm with you on this one, FWIW.

I'm not sure why a lurker would for his first thread announce his imminent departure from Bills' nation...but whatever.

As to the bigger issue (the boycotts, the sending merchandise back, the canceling directv, the "I'm done" attitude), I challenge these people to come back here and tell us that they have little to no interest in this team on the Saturday before the first game of the year.

So, you've joined a forum, you have never posted to, to tell people you have never interacted with "what you decided to do"?

I can only speak for myself, when I say:

"Don't care."

And yet, you cared enough to tell him that? Do you find people who just scraped their knee and pour salt on it for them, too?

I'm with you on this one, FWIW.

I'm not sure why a lurker would for his first thread announce his imminent departure from Bills' nation...but whatever.

As to the bigger issue (the boycotts, the sending merchandise back, the canceling directv, the "I'm done" attitude), I challenge these people to come back here and tell us that they have little to no interest in this team on the Saturday before the first game of the year.

I haven't yet said that I was done with this team. I did however state what my plan was if next year at this time the team is in the same position. Read the original post.

As for being thick skinned; well I've always had a problem with people who make snide remarks and presume they are a rung above others just because they have done little more than type out a few words on a message board. I guess I didn't realize there was a minimum number of times one had to post nonsence before they offered a position on something. According to the DEANS youtube definition of message board ediquette I shouldn't post anything that is realated to a topic that has already been posted although I never saw a post that mentioned my position. If this is true by the way this will be the last post for anyone on this message board. I find it difficult to believe that every post here is entirely original and according to the dean; should not be posted.

Sorry if I'm not PC with my posting. BTW how many is this for me? If it's more than 12 than I need another 12 of bud light and a dozen hot wings. If not I guess I have to keep posting until I'm a legitimate poster and a "member of the community."

I haven't yet said that I was done with this team. I did however state what my plan was if next year at this time the team is in the same position. Read the original post.

As for being thick skinned; well I've always had a problem with people who make snide remarks and presume they are a rung above others just because they have done little more than type out a few words on a message board. I guess I didn't realize there was a minimum number of times one had to post nonsence before they offered a position on something. According to the DEANS youtube definition of message board ediquette I shouldn't post anything that is realated to a topic that has already been posted although I never saw a post that mentioned my position. If this is true by the way this will be the last post for anyone on this message board. I find it difficult to believe that every post here is entirely original and according to the dean; should not be posted.

Sorry if I'm not PC with my posting. BTW how many is this for me? If it's more than 12 than I need another 12 of bud light and a dozen hot wings. If not I guess I have to keep posting until I'm a legitimate poster and a "member of the community."

Think of it as a challenge when you were very young like going to a new high school and trying to get in with the cool kids.

I'll let Dean speak for himself.

From my perspective, I think you miss the point (or at least my point), which is this: it's peculiar for someone who hasn't posted much here to come in and announce his imminent departure. It's like saying good-bye before you said hello.